Newbie Here. Looking For Any Help Available

coys

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'm looking to make the plus into a hair system. I've been covering up the last year or so with fibres and it's starting to take too much effort. I'm sick of leaving it on pillows etc. I was looking into hair systems. I've a few concerns though. I seem to have oily skin. For example when in hospital I've had problems sticking lines to my arm etc with sellotape as I seem to break out in oily skin. Will I have the same problems with this on my head? Id like to go full lace. How much fool proof is this? Could i hide it from others or will they soon realise I'm wearing with certain lights etc? If I go out in the sun do I have to hear a hat to keep it protected? Can anyone recommend any good salons in Northern Ireland or Dublin I can attend. Would like it done by a pro first before I start to maintain myself. Is this virus effecting business in any way? Could anyone pm me like a starter guide on what type I should go for? What I need to maintain etc? Thanks. I'm 34 and very sporty and active

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Coys

Having oily skin will not stop you wearing a system, but it may affect how long you get from your bond. You may have to do maintenance every 7 days instead of every 12 or 14 days, for example. You can lessen the problem by using a scalp protector, which is a liquid that dries to form an impermeable barrier, which prevents sweat and scalp oil from affecting your bond.

If you get a good quality lace unit, don't go too wild on the density, get a decent cut-in, keep up your maintenance, and guard against a colour mismatch developing, it will be highly undetectable in any lighting. If you can find a style you like that doesn't have a fully exposed hairline, that will make it easier, particularly at the start, and your unit will be pretty nearly impossible for anyone to spot.

You do need to protect your system from sun-bleaching, although it will be less of an issue in Ireland than some other countries. That doesn't usually necessitate a hat - you can normally just use a conditioner with sunscreen on your hair - but a straw hat is a good idea if you are going to be in baking sunshine all day.

The virus has impeded the production of custom systems, but most places still seem to have stock units available.

Noah

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Coys

Having oily skin will not stop you wearing a system, but it may affect how long you get from your bond. You may have to do maintenance every 7 days instead of every 12 or 14 days, for example. You can lessen the problem by using a scalp protector, which is a liquid that dries to form an impermeable barrier, which prevents sweat and scalp oil from affecting your bond.

If you get a good quality lace unit, don't go too wild on the density, get a decent cut-in, keep up your maintenance, and guard against a colour mismatch developing, it will be highly undetectable in any lighting. If you can find a style you like that doesn't have a fully exposed hairline, that will make it easier, particularly at the start, and your unit will be pretty nearly impossible for anyone to spot.

You do need to protect your system from sun-bleaching, although it will be less of an issue in Ireland than some other countries. That doesn't usually necessitate a hat - you can normally just use a conditioner with sunscreen on your hair - but a straw hat is a good idea if you are going to be in baking sunshine all day.

The virus has impeded the production of custom systems, but most places still seem to have stock units available.

Noah

FYI, just heard from two of the larger factories in China, they are starting to run low on stock. If you do manage to go this route, I would suggest that you buy more than one. This is NOT my normal recommendation, but these are NOT normal times.

coys

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Noah @BaldBearded thanks so much for info guys. Would you guys know anywhere I can get a custom done North or south or Ireland. Get cut in and faded etc? Want to learn the ropes so to speak before I go on my own

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Noah @BaldBearded thanks so much for info guys. Would you guys know anywhere I can get a custom done North or south or Ireland. Get cut in and faded etc? Want to learn the ropes so to speak before I go on my own

I will let Noah respond to you on this issue, I no longer give recommendations since I represent a vendor, and it's not considered an unbiased opinion!

:cool:

coys

My Regimen
Reaction score
Spoke to a place. Men's hair Northern Ireland. Does anyone have any experience with them? £570 for custom peice that's fitted and styled

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spoke to a place. Men's hair Northern Ireland. Does anyone have any experience with them? £570 for custom peice that's fitted and styled

Thats crazy expensive unless the unite is made from virgin European hair, which is unlikely

coys

My Regimen
Reaction score
@BaldAndBalder i thought that was pretty normal in UK for system cut in and style? Although I'm new to all this. I'm not sure what hair they use on their systems

Noah

Reaction score
Your right; that is about normal for a salon-fitted piece in the UK outside London. If anything, somewhat on the low side. London would be around £700 - 800.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats crazy expensive unless the unite is made from virgin European hair, which is unlikely

I need to disagree with you on this, based on what our salons in London and Manchester charge. You are looking at about £600-800 complete. Not sure about the Wales location.