New Wnt Treatment From University Of Pennsylvania

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This looks pretty promising. Finally something that acts on WNT pathway;

JW Pharmaceutical said Monday that it would begin pre-clinical trial for CWL08006, a new concept of hair loss treatment using Wnt signaling pathway, jointly with the School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.

CWL080061 activates the Wnt signaling pathway, which decreases during hair loss process, and enhances hair follicle stem cells and primary hair cells.

The substance is the result of the pharmaceutical company’s compound pool, which specializes in Wnt signaling field. JW Pharmaceutical has been researching the Wnt field that regulates cell proliferation and regeneration since the early 2000s.

The research has led the company to hold original technology, including JWELRY, a library of tens of thousands of compounds, and an innovative screening system that can distinguish the activity and inhibition of the Wnt signaling pathway.

The two institutions plan to begin preclinical testing by 2019 and enter clinical trials around 2020. JW Pharmaceutical also intends to accelerate its commercialization by launching tests on the human body for cosmetics that utilizes the drug’s mechanism, next year.

“Existing hair loss treatment drugs had side effects due to the suppression of male hormones and had no effect on the already progressed hair loss,” said Han Sung-kwon 한성권, CEO of JW Pharmaceutical JW중외제약. “There also was a problem of the hair loss resuming when people stopped the treatment.”

The company expects CWL080061 will become a new concept treatment that can completely cure hair loss, he added.

The University of Pennsylvania also showed enthusiasm for the research.

“Our research team has published in Nature that Wnt is a target remnant that regenerates hair follicles,” said Professor George Cotsarelis, head of research at the Department of Dermatology at the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Medicine. ”The team will check the effects of hair regeneration through the team’s pre-clinical model.”

The company plans to expand Wnt activation research into new drug development treating dementia, osteoporosis, skin regeneration and targeting anti-cancer drug pipeline that inhibits the current Wnt signaling pathway.

Source:
http://www.koreabiomed.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=1738

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This looks pretty promising. Finally something that acts on WNT pathway;

JW Pharmaceutical said Monday that it would begin pre-clinical trial for CWL08006, a new concept of hair loss treatment using Wnt signaling pathway, jointly with the School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.

CWL080061 activates the Wnt signaling pathway, which decreases during hair loss process, and enhances hair follicle stem cells and primary hair cells.

The substance is the result of the pharmaceutical company’s compound pool, which specializes in Wnt signaling field. JW Pharmaceutical has been researching the Wnt field that regulates cell proliferation and regeneration since the early 2000s.

The research has led the company to hold original technology, including JWELRY, a library of tens of thousands of compounds, and an innovative screening system that can distinguish the activity and inhibition of the Wnt signaling pathway.

The two institutions plan to begin preclinical testing by 2019 and enter clinical trials around 2020. JW Pharmaceutical also intends to accelerate its commercialization by launching tests on the human body for cosmetics that utilizes the drug’s mechanism, next year.

“Existing hair loss treatment drugs had side effects due to the suppression of male hormones and had no effect on the already progressed hair loss,” said Han Sung-kwon 한성권, CEO of JW Pharmaceutical JW중외제약. “There also was a problem of the hair loss resuming when people stopped the treatment.”

The company expects CWL080061 will become a new concept treatment that can completely cure hair loss, he added.

The University of Pennsylvania also showed enthusiasm for the research.

“Our research team has published in Nature that Wnt is a target remnant that regenerates hair follicles,” said Professor George Cotsarelis, head of research at the Department of Dermatology at the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Medicine. ”The team will check the effects of hair regeneration through the team’s pre-clinical model.”

The company plans to expand Wnt activation research into new drug development treating dementia, osteoporosis, skin regeneration and targeting anti-cancer drug pipeline that inhibits the current Wnt signaling pathway.

Source:
http://www.koreabiomed.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=1738
"completely cure hairloss" thats one big promise.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Cure hair loss ? Just that haha? Sounds like a big promise but I highly doubt they will make so huge annoucement without something upon their sleeve.
Big step.

SoOoOo updates on Tsuji, Shiseido, Follica? :)

It's not finished yet, Cotsa and Wnt so far is covered. You will see

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
5 years...
5 ? First a Major company need to buy the patent, then pre clinical trial, then phase 1, 2, 3 , etc . Even if they start rigth now, it will take 10 years. But, living the last 21 years with male pattern baldness and how this kind of " discovery " advance, I doubt we will see it.
Sorry, but Propecia hit the market 2 decades ago, and after that we get nothing, not even a damn topical antiandrogen that can be use it in many diseases .
Plus, there was already a company in preclinical with WNT and they took it off cause side effects on rats .

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree...good news but they are at the START !
Preclinical stage in 2019 ? Wtf ! It's too late.

We need to buy this molecule if we can...If not ? So, next treatment. Useless

Jordan Lee Hess

My Regimen
Reaction score
It appears the team has yet to publish their results ? Anyone that can confirm this or else link to the literature please. Can not seem to find it...

abcdefg

Reaction score
Isn’t that what Samumeds SM04554 does? Target WNT pathway?

True, but is it right to say saw palmetto works just as good as good as dutasteride because both are androgen inhibitors? Each drug is going to work differently, and a lot of times it might be a big difference.
Until they get results we can only guess.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Cure hair loss ? Just that haha? Sounds like a big promise but I highly doubt they will make so huge annoucement without something upon their sleeve.
Big step.

It's not finished yet, Cotsa and Wnt so far is covered. You will see

They can say anything they want really whether it turns out true or not. Just off history and complexity of male pattern baldness id lean towards its just another average treatment with minor cosmetic improvement. Beggars cant be choosers though anything better then nothing

RobertDi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought samumed was also testing with drugs that modulates the WNT pathway.
Is there any news from them? Are they going into phase3 because i can't find anything about it.