New Wnt Treatment From University Of Pennsylvania

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but the problem is that this company have nothing on the market already and is an small company. In this 21 years I saw to many of that companies goes away. Hopes not.

actually theyre anything but a small company, despite not currently having anything on the market. the current economic advisor to trump donated hundreds of millions to the company and theyre valued at $12 BILLION

"Samumed, which was the subject of a Forbes cover story last year, was valued at $12 billion in its most recent investment round, which the company said raised $100 million."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathan...ht-risky-biotech-lottery-ticket/#c2597d55728a

do your own googling about the company, they may actually be dark horses in this race

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
actually theyre anything but a small company, despite not currently having anything on the market. the current economic advisor to trump donated hundreds of millions to the company and theyre valued at $12 BILLION

"Samumed, which was the subject of a Forbes cover story last year, was valued at $12 billion in its most recent investment round, which the company said raised $100 million."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathan...ht-risky-biotech-lottery-ticket/#c2597d55728a

do your own googling about the company, they may actually be dark horses in this race
So you guys said they completed Phase 2 where can you find the results?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
5 ? First a Major company need to buy the patent, then pre clinical trial, then phase 1, 2, 3 , etc . Even if they start rigth now, it will take 10 years. But, living the last 21 years with male pattern baldness and how this kind of " discovery " advance, I doubt we will see it.
Sorry, but Propecia hit the market 2 decades ago, and after that we get nothing, not even a damn topical antiandrogen that can be use it in many diseases .
Plus, there was already a company in preclinical with WNT and they took it off cause side effects on rats .
İt was just the "5 years" joke for every treatment that becomes available. İt could even take 15 years or will never be published I know ;)

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072...ywords=wnt&dpPl=1&dpID=515elGFOxML&ref=plSrch

WNT Act is the first hair growth treatment to include methyl vanillate. This important compound notably increases baseline WNT signaling -responsible for follicle generation and growth. After 60 days of use WNT Act increases hair density, on average, by 7% and hair diameter by 10%. A unique product, WNT Act is compatible with established hair growth treatments like Propecia and Rogaine. Using these treatments in conjunction can yield upwards of a 20% increase in hair density. WNT Act also promotes overall hair and scalp health -crucial for retaining hair and promoting new growth.

Thoughts?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thoughts?
this is not new. there was hype about deltracin Wnt (which also contains methyl vanillate) like 10-12months ago but curiously it has almost vanished(still on sale on few websites though). Nowadays you can also buy Tricovit Wnt(at a prohibitive stupid price)... they know where they can make money

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I bought methyl vaniliate 1.5 years ago and use in my minoxidil 1.5 years ago...Did not improve anything.
Don't forget it : NATURAL IS sh*t FOR HAIR.

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Brace yourselfs "cure in 2020" folks are coming

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here is the methyl vaniliate i used :
2016-38-1474321736-wp-20160919-23-42-04-pro.jpg

1474321736-wp-20160919-23-42-04-pro.jpg

Same dose like the studies. No effect.

resu

Reaction score
All of these drugs should have been started in the early 90's, at least 2 decades of nothing new besides minoxidil foam and duta. It's hard to get enthusiastic for something that isn't at reach anytime soon.

abcdefg

Reaction score
yeah id have to agree. The wait and timelines are just brutal when you dont live forever. These timelines are like 1/5 of your entire life span. We talk about CB but a very similar drug ascj 9 was talked about more then 10 years ago as something just like it. Never happened. Tons of things vanish before the finish line. Then its back to square one for another 10 year wait
Just look at all the criticism with minoxidil or propecia. I mean how do you avoid propecia if you have male pattern baldness? Its not like we have 10 drugs that all work amazing at preventing male pattern baldness to fall back on. Its like your only choice do or die.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
  • Looks like the two institutions, Perleman School of Medicine, U of Penn, and the Korean pharmaceutical company, JW, intend to accelerate testing and possible development of this drug next year.

The two institutions plan to begin preclinical testing by 2019 and enter clinical trials around 2020. JW Pharmaceutical also intends to accelerate its commercialization by launching tests on the human body for cosmetics that utilizes the drug’s mechanism, next year.

90 percent of new therapies approved this year had testing outside the U.S. and Canada

Most clinical research was once publicly funded and domestically conducted, often reviewed by a hospital, university, or other nonprofit institutional review board. But in the 1970s and 1980s, drug makers started funding a greater share of clinical studies — and increasingly moved them offshore.

Greed and stupidity to the rescue?

Last edited:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a heads up;

This new topical was covered in one of the presentations from the congress. I've got audio and photos from the slides as well. Will be posting about it soon :)