New treatments coming out 2024 or max 2025.

Hazelboy98

My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with all these treatments is the subject taking these treatments have different biologies. What works in a Petri dish or a mouse is vastly different than a male human being. That’s why most of these treatments are like adding Miracle Gro to a plant soaked in Roundup.,
Roundup is going to win in the long run.
Than we have a studies.. the phase I, 2, 3 to get the magical FDA stamp of approval.
Minoxidil has that stamp of approval. It has volumes of glowing results. But plain & simply it’s doesn’t work as we all know.
I’ve tested minoxidil in 10 different forms. It works in a laboratory.. but it doesn’t work in reality. If it did work we wouldn’t have these forums.
So I doubt there is ever going to be any treatment that works because it’s simply a matter of biology which remains constant in the subject.. Taking some growth factor while ignoring the underlying biology is fruitless. It’s just the design of human body.. The design of the chromosomes. When adults are adolescents going to teens the biology is somewhat similar. & hair growth is somewhat equal.. but that changes drastically… That’s the cause of male pattern baldness…
You are incredibly misinformed and wildly out of touch from reality. Minoxidil works for me and many other people. Do you not understand what entails an FDA trial? The first 3 phases are explicitly testing the drug on humans against a placebo. The whole point of FDA approval is to see that it works and is mostly safe in humans.

There is no drug that is tested on mice and gets FDA approval for humans without being tested on humans. Keep that in mind before you say something silly again.

Besides that, minoxidil is a growth stimulant so even if 100% of everyone taking it had great results they would still lose ground inevitably since it's not tackling the root cause of hairloss. Minoxidil was never meant to be a cure, it is just a nice addition for extra thickening of your hair

Otrebor

My Regimen
Reaction score
This industry is truly a joke. You still potentially have all the hair on your head but it's just so thin that it can't be seen. You have full-fledged organs that atrophy but don't die. it is clear that few have really applied themselves to solving it but perhaps we are at a semi-impossible level of understanding biology.

I always believe that the problem is the acceleration of a phase of growth and regrowth due to I don't know what. Prolactin? Hypoxia? But here we just have to rely on AI if HMI turns out to be a dud.

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you guys refuse to accept that if you have ANDROGENETIC alopecia, the only cure is to DESTROY the ANDROGEN by shutting down production of testosterone entirely. How do you expect there to be any new cures coming when there is a direct mechanism at play? Use it to your advantage or have shitty male balding hair forever. Finasteride is like the most pussy, non-comprehensive solution to that very issue. Why wait around for something that works instead of actually getting on it? Is gyno really deterring you or is it something else? You will probably get man boobs eventually anyway, testosterone or not...

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go ahead and discuss minoxidil until the cows come home. It doesn't work because it's a testosterone issue and minoxidil isn't hormonal.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried every treatment possible.. at least in my mind..I have tried 10 different versions of minoxidil… At my biology level at time of treatment.. minoxidil did nothing of note. The scientists of all the studies would say you are a non-responder because you lack an enzyme to convert minoxidil into the sulfate… So I bought the sulfate & it still didn’t work.. One can scientifically test for the enzyme.. but it will probably be found .. Yes you have the enzyme.we don’t know why it doesn’t work. It doesn’t work because the androgens in my system are too strong.
I have to lower them to hit a threshold for the minoxidil to have a chance to grow hair.. That’s why all these growth treatments don’t work.. Their ability to grow hair.. to get hairs in the growth phase is negated by the elephant in the room too high levels of androgens..
That’s the cruel trick Mother Nature has played on us men.. So we have to work around it..The guy above me .. from what I read gets it.. This hair loss topic has so many —what’s the word? —swindlers in it it’s really sad… male pattern baldness isn’t genetic..
It’s “hormonic” to coin a word..
The male androgens set off a chain reaction to the body.. & to the hair..some good .. some bad.. but at a certain point the bad overwhelms the good.. and your head of hair gets “napalmed”.. there are warning signals we ignore unaware of.
Doctors.. dermatologists, nutritionist, don’t have a clue.. You tubers, pontificating about hair loss are just as clueless.. Massage, minoxidil, laser, oh god you name it.. skull structure… mitochondria, hair cloning, molecules, herbs, oils.. micro needling, PRP…
These are ALL secondary approaches..
Maybe move the needle an inch when you need a yard.. It’s such a f*****g scam it’s criminal the BSers spout— wasting EVERYONE life.. The correct science & protocol will never be approved by FDA .. there will be no clinical studies done.. because the blowback would be off the charts.. Even if someone developed, release a safe effective protocol they would be sued into oblivion.. The FEDS would shut it down.. The scientist in court..So what I’m saying.. if you want to really regrow your hair.. it won’t happen overnight.. It’s a gradual process.. And you have to do it yourself. There is no Rosetta Stone that I’ve seen but there are general parameters.. I’m not telling anyone to do anything.. but 99% of the so called treatments are ineffective 99% of the “experts” are con artists & 100% of the medical professionals you go to are stealing your money.. Unfortunately you have to do it yourself. If you go to a Harvard educated dermatologist & they said let’s try something different with your permission & waivers they will in all likelihood under prescribe then over prescribe — you’ll get side effects & give up..I am not an expert.. but I am at least regrowing hair.. Tweak this. tweaking that.
It is possible some one may come up with the magic pill.. but I suspect it will be just another scam. Fact is we already have the pills..

Otrebor

My Regimen
Reaction score
>You are in the "new research and studies" section.
>Yet another unsolicited defense of finasteride

Bruh maybe finasteride has more severe brain effects

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
>You are in the "new research and studies" section.
>Yet another unsolicited defense of finasteride

Bruh maybe finasteride has more severe brain effects
There’s no new research to be done. The cure to androgenetic alopecia is to destroy androgens. I’m not defending finasteride, it’s not a satisfying solution to the problem. But it is a drug that takes a step to begin to destroy androgens which is why it “works”.

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The medical community needs to accept that testosterone destroys hair for most people but not all. The whole idea that “only DHT” is bad for hair is incredibly cringe and misinformative. All my friends suffering from male pattern baldness get furious at me for suggesting that testosterone is the issue. It’s fringe knowledge and that is what needs to change.

salute.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered a FUE hair transplant before, they are very popular at the moment & not to expensive. You have to choose the clinic carefully & make sure they are registered with the Turkish Health Ministry. I could point you in the right direction, if you send me a bit more information.

Hazelboy98

My Regimen
Reaction score
The medical community needs to accept that testosterone destroys hair for most people but not all. The whole idea that “only DHT” is bad for hair is incredibly cringe and misinformative. All my friends suffering from male pattern baldness get furious at me for suggesting that testosterone is the issue. It’s fringe knowledge and that is what needs to change.
You're simply wrong. Children born with 5α-Reductase 2 deficiency, such as the guevedoce children of the Dominican Republic never experienced male pattern baldness as adults despite having higher than average testosterone levels. Androgenetic sensitivity to DHT is the primary problem until we learn more about treatments like HMI 115 and how prolactin relate to hair loss if it even does.

One thing's for sure though, testosterone alone does not exacerbate hair loss. You seem to heavily fetishize destroying testosterone and becoming a women though so you do you. I mean wiping out all your testosterone would probably help your hair but only because the decrease in testosterone would mean there's less of it to convert to DHT, again though the testosterone itself is not the problem for androgenetic sensitive hairs

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep dreaming… All the scientists in this forum are losing their hair.. They get into such minute theories, molecules, breaking it down to the dna, the this the that.,It’s all secondary or further down the reason…
They don’t know anything of practicality for any average man to use… And besides that its bullshit.,..Why don’t you develop a test to see who is genetically born with 5a-Reductase 2 deficiency..
And let’s see what the numbers are & compare.. in the meantime 100 million males are balding & want a protocol.
Oh they’re going to develop a drug to make anybody 5a-Reductase 2 deficient. Where is it? It’s nowhere because it doesn’t work..Reducing DHT to zero doesn’t guarantee significant hair growth.. It’s all overblown bullshit..

Hazelboy98

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep dreaming… All the scientists in this forum are losing their hair.. They get into such minute theories, molecules, breaking it down to the dna, the this the that.,It’s all secondary or further down the reason…
They don’t know anything of practicality for any average man to use… And besides that its bullshit.,..Why don’t you develop a test to see who is genetically born with 5a-Reductase 2 deficiency..
And let’s see what the numbers are & compare.. in the meantime 100 million males are balding & want a protocol.
Oh they’re going to develop a drug to make anybody 5a-Reductase 2 deficient. Where is it? It’s nowhere because it doesn’t work..Reducing DHT to zero doesn’t guarantee significant hair growth.. It’s all overblown bullshit..
They do have tests to see if someone is 5a-reductase 2 deficient, that's how we even know about it lmao... And you wouldn't want to have that condition because these men end up with micro penises. DHT is needed in utero and childhood if you want to avoid having a micropenis. We have not yet found a drug that actually reduces your DHT literally to zero to simulate having that condition. And the drugs that get your DHT close to zero anyways are significantly more likely to give you unwanted sexual side effects vs just lowering DHT by 60%. That still isn't the same as literally having 5a-reductase 2 deficiency which will guarantee you never go bald. It would be much better if something like GT20029 actually came to fruition, a side effect free medication that just deletes the androgen receptors on your scalp alone without altering an avalanche of hormones

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sexual side effects
Yeah, there's no point in taking you seriously. There will never be a proper and truly affective solution to male pattern baldness that guarantees no sexual side effects because the same mechanism causing the semen production is what if turning your hair to pure sh*t.
Reducing DHT to zero doesn’t guarantee significant hair growth..
Estrogen is the hormone that grows hair. It's so well documented at this point that it's incredible people still wanna dick around and wait for nothing.

Hazelboy98

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, there's no point in taking you seriously. There will never be a proper and truly affective solution to male pattern baldness that guarantees no sexual side effects because the same mechanism causing the semen production is what if turning your hair to pure sh*t.

Estrogen is the hormone that grows hair. It's so well documented at this point that it's incredible people still wanna dick around and wait for nothing.
You think testosterone triggers hair loss. Your opinion has been invalidated.

You're in a thread about research on new treatments, not Male to Female transitioning. We're well aware that going on HRT and loading up on estrogen will help your hair. The whole point of new treatment is to mitigate those unwanted sides while improving hair count. It's more than bold to suggest that there will "never" be truly effective treatments to androgenetic alopecia when we only just started marketing finasteride for hair loss in 1997. There literally were no other options until not that long ago in the grand scheme of things. There is more than certainly going to be improvements in our current medicine

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What's your point?

Messing up our systemic sex hormone profile to fight hair loss is like starving ourselves to slow down the growth of a tumor. It's not a decent solution in the big picture, even though you might be able to show measurable results from it.

Intrigued77777777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you guys refuse to accept that if you have ANDROGENETIC alopecia, the only cure is to DESTROY the ANDROGEN by shutting down production of testosterone entirely. How do you expect there to be any new cures coming when there is a direct mechanism at play? Use it to your advantage or have shitty male balding hair forever. Finasteride is like the most pussy, non-comprehensive solution to that very issue. Why wait around for something that works instead of actually getting on it? Is gyno really deterring you or is it something else? You will probably get man boobs eventually anyway, testosterone or not...
You sound very young.

I'm a lot older than you and trust me, don't use Finasteride. I was on it for years, more than a decade and it only caused issues many years later.

Hazelboy98

My Regimen
Reaction score
You sound very young.

I'm a lot older than you and trust me, don't use Finasteride. I was on it for years, more than a decade and it only caused issues many years later.
Your regimen says you just got back on finasteride. What issues did you experience on it?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You sound very young.

I've been surfing hair forums since the 2000s. I've seen some loud proud Finasteride "success stories" change their opinions years later. They are happy with the stuff for several years but then eventually come around and decide they can't stay on it anymore.

Others quit the drug after many years (to start a family, concern about creeping sides, etc) and only then do they realize how much it was affecting them. Bad effects can definitely creep up slowly over time.

Hazelboy98

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been surfing hair forums since the 2000s. I've seen some loud proud Finasteride "success stories" change their opinions years later. They are happy with the stuff for several years but then eventually come around and decide they can't stay on it anymore.

Others quit the drug after many years (to start a family, concern about creeping sides, etc) and only then do they realize how much it was affecting them. Bad effects can definitely creep up slowly over time.
Here's the thing though. Many Men will naturally experience sexual dysfunction and the likes at some point in their life, and the odds of such occurrences happening only increase as you get older. When a guy says he's only just now having ED after taking finasteride for more than a few years it seems more than likely they were inevitably going to have that issue come up regardless of the finasteride use. That's why they have placebo groups in trials to see how the occurrences of ED compare with test subjects. Honestly though, ED is still a very real side effect of finasteride and whether it's 2% or 5% or whatever, that's simply too high for most men to be comfortable with using for their entire life. Most people don't like the idea of playing Russian roulette with their sex life at all