New treatments coming out 2024 or max 2025.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's the thing though. Many Men will naturally experience sexual dysfunction and the likes at some point in their life, and the odds of such occurrences happening only increase as you get older. When a guy says he's only just now having ED after taking finasteride for more than a few years it seems more than likely they were inevitably going to have that issue come up regardless of the finasteride use.

Yeah, I've heard that one on the forums before. Like 20 years ago. And 15 years ago. And 10 years ago. And 5 years ago.

Guys have been trying to rationalize around the problems with the drug since the 1990s. The names of the forum members periodically change. The old arguments get dusted off & repeated again by the next generation.

The drug continues to have the same common sexual side effect problem. Each new generation of balding guys discovers it. It keeps on stubbornly existing no matter how much research gets thrown at denying it.

That's why they have placebo groups in trials to see how the occurrences of ED compare with test subjects.

Sexual side effect problems are massively underreported on drug trials in general. Especially on trials done decades ago.

The Finasteride FDA trials relied on self-reports in generic questionnaires. FFS, they didn't even follow up on the fact that they had a high number of men drop out of the trials for "undisclosed reasons."

Those trials didn't find a significant side effect problem because they didn't want to find one. And because it's a difficult subject to study. That is generally how drug research works. A sexual problem has to be pretty severe/widespread before it makes a dent in the data. Most of Finasteride's users don't get their dicks totally shut down, they just get their sexual function inhibited. And the way the Finasteride's effects can gradually worsen over time just makes it even less likely to be documented.

All this . . . and once the drug hits the streets, the users have no realistic alternatives but to keep their mouths shut and stay on it or else they go bald. (Many people say losing their hair to chemotherapy was the most traumatic part of having CANCER.)

Imagine if we had a nice perfect topical (non-systemic & effective) version of Finasteride on the market. If that existed then there would be no forum debates about whether oral Finasteride has a dick-limping problem. It would be an accepted fact, because there wouldn't be a big emotional incentive to deny it.

My point is, Finasteride is perfectly situated to get away with having a widespread sexual side effect problem. You could hardly design a better situation for a drug to get away with it and stay underreported.

Honestly though, ED is still a very real side effect of finasteride and whether it's 2% or 5% or whatever, that's simply too high for most men to be comfortable with using for their entire life. Most people don't like the idea of playing Russian roulette with their sex life at all

Trying to debate the specific percentage on the baldness forums will just turn into a food fight.

But I will say this: Guys on the forums are always framing that debate in terms of what percentage of men "can use Finasteride" or something to that effect. In other words, what percentage of guys find the side effects tolerable enough to stay on the drug.

Stop and think about how far that is moving the goalposts.

The official research didn't find that 98% of guys had "tolerable" side effects. It indicated that 98% of guys had NO SIDE EFFECTS WHATSOEVER. Zero. None. As if they couldn't tell the drug from fake sugar pills. That's the story in the research data and it's completely implausible.

Last edited:

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not that I think you guys’ life isn’t worth living or anything. But I can’t imagine waiting for “new hair loss treatments” yet also being willing to sacrifice your hair for your sex life. It’d be like trading the ability to enjoy literally anything for a big stack of money. Like sure you’d be rich but there would be no reason for the money because you’d never be able to have fun with it.

“Youth is more valuable than gender.
An enemy of hair is an enemy of mine.”
- bridgeburn

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not that I think you guys’ life isn’t worth living or anything. But I can’t imagine waiting for “new hair loss treatments” yet also being willing to sacrifice your hair for your sex life. It’d be like trading the ability to enjoy literally anything for a big stack of money. Like sure you’d be rich but there would be no reason for the money because you’d never be able to have fun with it.

- bridgeburn
Thanks

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

- bridgeburn
What's worse, a 3% risk of having a low sex drive following a 66% (or 85% with dutasteride) chance of keeping your hair over 5 years

or

having a 100% chance of losing more hair over 5 years and having other reasons why you can't have sex like

Women rejecting you every time
Depression leading to low sex drive

Trust me, I know what it is like to be a Norwood 7 and with daily dutasteride and minoxidil, I'm more like a Norwood 4.5 at best. Women hate you so much when you have severe hair loss. They look at you as subhuman and if you dare ask them out on a date, they will feel like it was a major insult that this subhuman bald man even thought he was worthy of an intimate relationship with her.

I once tried a hair system and for the first time in my life I had women looking at me and smiling and even striking a conversation with me. It was so depressing to see the other side as someone with hair. I now know how much my life was ruined by balding. It was the most blackpilling experience I have ever had and it showed just how extremely shallow women really are.

I'm in my 30s now and dating hasn't gotten any easier. I think women start caring less about hair loss when they can no longer have kids because now they don't have to worry about spawning subhuman children.

I think eventually, almost every guy is going to start hair loss regimen at 18 just because the stigma for hair loss is about as bad as the stigma of having bad teeth.

I take dutasteride and I don't have any noticeable side effects. I buzz my head to a ½mm and hope that some day I can get my hair to be passable as a buzz cut. I will settle for that. But these f*****g new treatments always fail to show efficacy.

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's worse, a 3% risk of having a low sex drive following a 66% (or 85% with dutasteride) chance of keeping your hair over 5 years

or

having a 100% chance of losing more hair over 5 years and having other reasons why you can't have sex like

Trust me, I know what it is like to be a Norwood 7 and with daily dutasteride and minoxidil, I'm more like a Norwood 4.5 at best. Women hate you so much when you have severe hair loss. They look at you as subhuman and if you dare ask them out on a date, they will feel like it was a major insult that this subhuman bald man even thought he was worthy of an intimate relationship with her.

I once tried a hair system and for the first time in my life I had women looking at me and smiling and even striking a conversation with me. It was so depressing to see the other side as someone with hair. I now know how much my life was ruined by balding. It was the most blackpilling experience I have ever had and it showed just how extremely shallow women really are.

I'm in my 30s now and dating hasn't gotten any easier. I think women start caring less about hair loss when they can no longer have kids because now they don't have to worry about spawning subhuman children.

I think eventually, almost every guy is going to start hair loss regimen at 18 just because the stigma for hair loss is about as bad as the stigma of having bad teeth.

I take dutasteride and I don't have any noticeable side effects. I buzz my head to a ½mm and hope that some day I can get my hair to be passable as a buzz cut. I will settle for that. But these f*****g new treatments always fail to show efficacy.
Time for estrogen and bica

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

or

Girls prefer a confident guy with hard dick and amazing sex drive than hair. In fact, a lot of girls like bald man, and another girls don't even care about hair. What girls for sure don't like is guys thinking like you.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Time for estrogen and bica

Screwing up your sex hormone profile for years on end is not a reasonable solution to a cosmetic hair loss problem. It just isn't. It reflects a completely fucked up set of priorities.

And you are signing up for unforeseen future health effects. Don't kid yourself about being able to predict it all. You can't. (FFS, science is still figuring out all the ways that hormonal birth control affects women. That's a minor modifiction which duplicates a stage of their natural healthy life cycle and it has been widely prescribed for 60 years.)

Sorry to be so rude & personal about this. But you need to hear it from somebody at least once.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Girls prefer a confident guy with hard dick and amazing sex drive than hair. In fact, a lot of girls like bald man, and another girls don't even care about hair. What girls for sure don't like is guys thinking like you.
I don't have any side effects from dutasteride so that wouldn't be a problem. The reality is that women also want to be PHYSICALLY attracted to their partner as well and the vast majority of women will NEVER find 90% of bald men attractive.

The only way you can get women in spite of baldness is being really tall or having very good facial features. Like Jeremy Meeks. But most men are average height and looks when they have hair. Once you become a sub5 male, no woman wants you and balding drops you at least 3 points in attractiveness. So you need to be a chadlite in order to survive balding.

It's like a chad with hair goes bald ajd becomes chadlite tier and chadlite falls to normie and normie falls to subhuman.

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Screwing up your sex hormone profile for years on end is not a reasonable solution to a cosmetic hair loss problem. It just isn't. It reflects a completely fucked up set of priorities.

And you are signing up for unforeseen future health effects. Don't kid yourself about being able to predict it all. You can't. (FFS, science is still figuring out all the ways that hormonal birth control affects women. That's a minor modifiction which duplicates a stage of their natural healthy life cycle and it has been widely prescribed for 60 years.)

Sorry to be so rude & personal about this. But you need to hear it from somebody at least once.
I never once have had an enjoyable sexual experience. The one sexual relationship I had that started off okay ended up becoming so toxic by the time the sex got good that it completely counterbalanced the whole thing. I’m so traumatized against sex that I never want to orgasm again. When I accepted that I would be going bald, it wasn’t really a problem for me to ditch sex altogether for a chance at hair. After all, hair was my best attribute before god tried to strip it from me.

And the joke is, I can still get hard. I can still orgasm without semen. I have beautiful hair now thanks to estradiol and bica. I don’t have sex tho because it’s a nightmarish activity for satanic humans to engage in.

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't have any side effects from dutasteride so that wouldn't be a problem. The reality is that women also want to be PHYSICALLY attracted to their partner as well and the vast majority of women will NEVER find 90% of bald men attractive.

The only way you can get women in spite of baldness is being really tall or having very good facial features. Like Jeremy Meeks. But most men are average height and looks when they have hair. Once you become a sub5 male, no woman wants you and balding drops you at least 3 points in attractiveness. So you need to be a chadlite in order to survive balding.

It's like a chad with hair goes bald ajd becomes chadlite tier and chadlite falls to normie and normie falls to subhuman.
Either take estrogen and bica or stop complaining I don’t wanna hear it putzo

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never once have had an enjoyable sexual experience. The one sexual relationship I had that started off okay ended up becoming so toxic by the time the sex got good that it completely counterbalanced the whole thing. I’m so traumatized against sex that I never want to orgasm again. When I accepted that I would be going bald, it wasn’t really a problem for me to ditch sex altogether for a chance at hair. After all, hair was my best attribute before god tried to strip it from me.

And the joke is, I can still get hard. I can still orgasm without semen. I have beautiful hair now thanks to estradiol and bica. I don’t have sex tho because it’s a nightmarish activity for satanic humans to engage in.

Fine. Just don't pretend that your approach/attitude is a realistic healthy choice for the rest of us. Even you understand that your attitude is messed up.

Either take estrogen and bica or stop complaining I don’t wanna hear it putzo

You are showing up in the 'new research' section of a hair loss forum and telling people to quit talking about new hair loss research.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Are you serious? Or it is a joke?

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are showing up in the 'new research' section of a hair loss forum and telling people to quit talking about new hair loss research.
I think it's perfectly fair for me to criticize y'all for complaining that there aren't "new cures" to androgenetic alopecia coming when you won't even consider trying the drugs that are out there today and actually work.
Are you serious?
Yes

Intrigued77777777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

or

A few life observations from someone a few years older:

-Women in their 20s care about looks.

-Women in their 30s+ care more about security/stability (financial, career, independence etc). Yes some women (particularly the Instagram/Tiktok/gym type) still care about looks. If you care about these women, hit the gym. Also how you dress/come across matters as much as looks.

-You'll lose your hair in your 60s anyway, so better to find someone less shallow now.

-I'd guestimate 60%? of guys older than 35 have recession. I think women subconsciously accept it, so they are less likely to discriminate. A lot of women just want someone trustworthy who they can enjoy life with.

-Given the serious diseases in life, don't mess with your body. Western diet is bad enough. Our bodies are a melting pot of chemistry compounds.

-I follow general medical advances and based on recent breakthroughs with much harder problems they will solve baldness one day. However, I don't know when because i think hairloss takes a back seat in terms of priority compared with MS, cancer, Parkinsons etc.

Intrigued77777777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's perfectly fair for me to criticize y'all for complaining that there aren't "new cures" to androgenetic alopecia coming when you won't even consider trying the drugs that are out there today and actually work.

Yes

You come from a culture which is very liberal with taking drugs. You (country) have a habbit of popping pills like they are tictacs. I think i read that US doctors receive kickbacks from pharma per prescription they write? (Scary if true)

Anyway, because of this you probably won't have the same concerns as others here, due to cultural differences.

Intrigued77777777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Your problem isn't your hair, it's your confidence.

(Admittedly they are related)

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes
You don’t need hair, you need psychiatric treatment.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
.... what drugs? which ones actually work to regrow hair?