New To The World Of Hair Systems. Any Help For A Newbie?

gd1998

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Everyone!
I'm new to looking into trying hair systems and was hoping to get some general tips on how to get started. Any recommendations for brands for hair systems specifically or any to avoid would be awesome. A friend had mentioned a company by the name of Cesare Ragazzi, any opinions or information on their systems?

My predicament:
I'm currently 20 and heading out of the country in a few weeks for a 3 week vacation and was hoping to get a system before then for photos. My current issue is that I still have thin hair on my crown and temples to where I wouldn't want to shave it off just yet for a system so would be looking for a way to wear the system while keeping my natural hair. Is that possible to do while wanting to wear the system consistently for days at a time?

Thanks for any help!

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never heard of that company, sorry.
You can have a piece without having to shave your head but from what I've heard you'll have to attach it to your bio hair and that can damage it in the long term.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi GD
I will PM you about Cesare Ragazzi.

As Yagami has said, you can wear a system over your remaining biohair, but obviously you will not be getting the best result in terms of look or feel. Good hair systems work because the base material disappears when laid against your scalp, and then the hairs on the base appear to be growing out of your scalp. If there are hairs underneath the base then the base will not disappear, and the illusion will not work properly. If you are going for a heavy density system it will work better, because the scalp is less visible anyway in that case. It would also be easier if it were just a crown piece, sitting behind your natural frontal hair. I don't know how feasible that is for you.

The attachment is another issue. The choice is clips, which are very detectable to feel, or glue/tape, which would be rather messy and inefficient over the top of growing hair.

Normally I would only suggest this idea to someone for a few days, if they were uncertain about whether to go for a system and wanted to try it out without making a commitment. 3 weeks is a long time to do it, and I am a bit concerned it may spoil your holiday. One factor is whether you will be with people who you don't want to know about the system, because for the reasons I have mentioned the system won't be looking at its best, and may on occasions be a bit detectable. Will that bother you?

Noah

gd1998

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never heard of that company, sorry.
You can have a piece without having to shave your head but from what I've heard you'll have to attach it to your bio hair and that can damage it in the long term.
Thank you for the feedback, I figured it would hurt my biological hair so that why I was hoping that there was an alternate solution. May have to pony up and just shave it.

gd1998

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi GD
I will PM you about Cesare Ragazzi.

As Yagami has said, you can wear a system over your remaining biohair, but obviously you will not be getting the best result in terms of look or feel. Good hair systems work because the base material disappears when laid against your scalp, and then the hairs on the base appear to be growing out of your scalp. If there are hairs underneath the base then the base will not disappear, and the illusion will not work properly. If you are going for a heavy density system it will work better, because the scalp is less visible anyway in that case. It would also be easier if it were just a crown piece, sitting behind your natural frontal hair. I don't know how feasible that is for you.

The attachment is another issue. The choice is clips, which are very detectable to feel, or glue/tape, which would be rather messy and inefficient over the top of growing hair.

Normally I would only suggest this idea to someone for a few days, if they were uncertain about whether to go for a system and wanted to try it out without making a commitment. 3 weeks is a long time to do it, and I am a bit concerned it may spoil your holiday. One factor is whether you will be with people who you don't want to know about the system, because for the reasons I have mentioned the system won't be looking at its best, and may on occasions be a bit detectable. Will that bother you?

Noah
Thanks for the reply Noah, I will keep an eye out for your message regarding Cesare Ragazzi. If I do plan to go the route of shaving my hair are there any systems that you could recommend that would suit my time frame? I leave out on July the 2nd so its not the best time window for custom pieces obviously. My price limit isn't hard set since I can easily manage cost long term. Thanks again!

Noah

Reaction score
I don't think your biohair would be damaged by 3 weeks of wearing clips. It's not something you want to do for the long term.

In the time you have, you can't get a custom system made (they take 6-8 weeks), so it has to be a stock piece. They are usually available within a few days if you have a hair colour and texture which is within the standard range. They come very big, and you cut them down to fit. Any decent supplier should be able to get you a stock piece within your timeline.

ChrisPratty

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Everyone!
I'm new to looking into trying hair systems and was hoping to get some general tips on how to get started. Any recommendations for brands for hair systems specifically or any to avoid would be awesome. A friend had mentioned a company by the name of Cesare Ragazzi, any opinions or information on their systems?

My predicament:
I'm currently 20 and heading out of the country in a few weeks for a 3 week vacation and was hoping to get a system before then for photos. My current issue is that I still have thin hair on my crown and temples to where I wouldn't want to shave it off just yet for a system so would be looking for a way to wear the system while keeping my natural hair. Is that possible to do while wanting to wear the system consistently for days at a time?

Thanks for any help!

When I started searching hair system, I ended up completely confused because there is a huge variety of wigs, hair systems, and things that fall in-between the market which made it quite difficult for me to find the right one. Then I came across few blog posts that made the difference quite clear and also educated me about where to buy, what to buy, and what to avoid. DM and I will share the links privately.

To answer your question - Yes, you can wear the hair system while keeping your natural hair. A lot of people who wear hair system do this. That said, it is recommended to shave the crown area for which you are getting the hair system. This gives more lifespan to the hair system and also makes application & removal easy.

I bought my first hair system from Amazon since it came at a super cheap price. Of course it didn't last long : /

I would recommend not going for anything that seeks super cheap. There are affordable hair systems out there. You just have to look carefully. I have switched hair system suppliers over the years. I have bought from hair4all, hairshoppe and many others. I'm been buying from lordhair for a year now and they are pretty good.

Since you require a hair system very soon, I recommend making a decision soon since designing a custom hair system takes times (a couple weeks usually)

Have a great trip buddy!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can do a search on here for opinions on Cesare Ragazzi, bottom line, probably NOT worth the exorbitant costs.