New To Losing Hair, Where Is The Best Place To Go To Get A Synthetic Hair Piece? Thank You

tai

My Regimen
Reaction score
New to losing hair, where is the best place to go to get a synthetic hair piece? Thank you

Noah

Reaction score
Do you mean that you want synthetic (man-made) hair? Most hair systems are made with real human hair, and real human hair has some advantages.

tai

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean that you want synthetic (man-made) hair? Most hair systems are made with real human hair, and real human hair has some advantages.

Yes, synthetic-man made. I did some research on real hair vs synthetic and I think I want to go for a synthetic. I was hoping for recommendations for trusted places to get one from, thank you

Noah

Reaction score
I don't have a lot of information about this, but I will tell you what I know. The best artificial hair is manufactured in Japan by a company called Aderans. The brands are Toupelon and Kanekelon. It's not cheap. Aderans sell their own hair systems retail, but I think a lot of other manufacturers can buy the hair and make the systems to order, so you should just pick a few places and enquire. The advantage of artificial hair is that it never fades or becomes dried out. The disadvantage is that you can't bleach it or dye it, so there is no way of concealing the knots, so you would have to go for an injected base or a style where you have thick density and you don't expose any hairline. I read that Ed Katz, a very expensive Hollywood wigmaker who made William Shatner and Burt Reynold's pieces, uses synthetic hair, but with a thin layer of real hair at the hairline so that the knots can be bleached. So I guess that is possible too.

Good luck with your researches.

Noah

tai

My Regimen
Reaction score
Noah,

Thank you very much for your though reply. I really appreciate it. I am new at this. I just want something easy to maintain, not a lot of upkeep. I dont care much for styling it fancy or using dyes. I just have black maybe with a hint of brown asian hair, just want my sides very short and a little hair on the top, almost military like, and keep it simple, kinda like this

Attachments

• 8a949ca57a41b0fec132afffb6cff36c.jpg
    8a949ca57a41b0fec132afffb6cff36c.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 289

Noah

Reaction score
That's a nice look, and very doable with a system, but the hairline is quite exposed, so you will have to avoid the knot issue somehow.

mdmnota

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be amazing if you can get this haircut wihtout making it to obvious that you wear a system

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That haircut is possible. The front hairline isnt full blown exposed but for a first cut I would suggest something longer until you get use to it. Then in the next cut (could be the same system) cut it as you like.