New To Hair System World, Where To Get Hairpiece?

Mike Trike

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to forum and sorry if theres any repetition of previous posts!
Started seeing hairloss at 17, now Im at 20 and ready to move from hair fibers life into a french lace with poly sides and back. My hairline is suffering the most but the plan is to only shave the part where the tape and glue will be attached to my skin and ofc trim underneath wig.
My questions would be:
1) Where is the most trusted source to get a quality stock hairsystems?
2) Do I need anything other than glues, cleaning, and styling products?
3) What glue(hairline) and tapes(back area) do you recommend for the safest bonds with minimal noticeably?

Attached is my old hairline, which Id like to get something similar to when ordering my first replacement. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance

IMG-20150518-WA0017.jpg IMG-20150603-WA0001.jpg

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Mike

1. I have found Coolpiece, Toplace and NorthWest Lace all very good quality and value.
2. Other things that you might consider: mirrors (ideally a big well-lit wall mirror and a big hand-held mirror), a polystyrene wig head and pins, for when you tape the system, and for keeping it in shape if you air-dry it, some spring clips and/or a hair band, to keep real hair out of your eyes while you apply the system, knot sealer (applied to the knots keeps them stable and extends the life of the system), scalp protector (a liquid applied to your scalp which dries to form a colourless barrier which prevents sweat interfering with your bond and/or glue irritating your scalp).
3. You will need to experiment to find the best combo for you. I use Davlyn black glue on the hairline and Walkers No-Shine tape at the back, so you could try those for starters. Also try 3-mil tape for your hairline as an alternative to glue.

Have you already bought your system? How did you decide on those particular specs?

Noah