New To Hair Pieces.help With Hiding Front Hairline!

Braden

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to mens hairpieces to remedy my hair loss and finally decided to take the plunge. I'm using a poly skin piece that is wonderful except one factor. I can't seem to hide my front hairline or make it look natural. Any suggestions? Any help? I sweep my hair back and I know that's half the issue but I really want to keep my style. Hopefully I can get a suggestion. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20180702_172222.jpg
    20180702_172222.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 656

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Braden. For a combed-back hairstyle like that you need a lace-based hair system, and you need a graduated hairline. Your current unit goes from zero density to full density instantaneously. A natural human hairline doesn't do that - there is a transitional area at the front where the density is lower. A graduated hairline mimics that effect, and avoids the "wall of hair" look. I think that is the main issue. I also think Swiss lace would be a better base for you. With poly/skin there is always a hard line at the edge of the system. Lace, because it is a mesh rather than a solid membrane, kind of fades out without a discernable hard line, which is better if your hairline is fully exposed to view.

Braden

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Braden. For a combed-back hairstyle like that you need a lace-based hair system, and you need a graduated hairline. Your current unit goes from zero density to full density instantaneously. A natural human hairline doesn't do that - there is a transitional area at the front where the density is lower. A graduated hairline mimics that effect, and avoids the "wall of hair" look. I think that is the main issue. I also think Swiss lace would be a better base for you. With poly/skin there is always a hard line at the edge of the system. Lace, because it is a mesh rather than a solid membrane, kind of fades out without a discernable hard line, which is better if your hairline is fully exposed to view.
Thank you! This is great advice!

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man! You could always try a forward style with a little flick back with gel, I think Noah does his hair this way .

For me I don't mind exposing the hairline but I want to keep it in the shade especially when working out or sweating- just because u never know and I don't want to worry about it .

A friend of mine was jealous of my volume, he needs to straighten his hair for it to look "good" (although it looked fine anyways lol) so it goes to show you these things are great when maintenance is done and you know what you're doing . I'm still learning lol!

Braden

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got an update and tried a couple techniques. What do you all think? This is a great forum. Very helpful people

Attachments

• 20180704_114417.jpg
    20180704_114417.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 533

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Braden

It looks like you cut short some of the hairs at the hairline, to create a bit of shade/cover for the hairline. That's a distinct improvement, although you could get it even better with a factory-graduated hairline. Also, I would suggest for your next piece you opt for a more V-shaped hairline contour. At the minute your hairline is very rounded. A 33 year old guy, even without hairloss, could be expected to have a bit of recession at the temples, giving a more V-shaped contour.

You are definitely getting there though.

Braden

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Braden

It looks like you cut short some of the hairs at the hairline, to create a bit of shade/cover for the hairline. That's a distinct improvement, although you could get it even better with a factory-graduated hairline. Also, I would suggest for your next piece you opt for a more V-shaped hairline contour. At the minute your hairline is very rounded. A 33 year old guy, even without hairloss, could be expected to have a bit of recession at the temples, giving a more V-shaped contour.

You are definitely getting there though.
Thank you very the solid advice!

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Noah's advise is always good. I also saw some pieces that had a "scalloped" edge to soften the hairline and make it less of a sharp line. I always wanted to try it but must be a pain to glue or tape