New system too thick and wrong colour?

Yknoff

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

I had my first hair system fit the other day and I'm concerned with the overall thickness, colour, and hairline look. I have been shaving prior to this so my natural hair is very short right now, however it is not very thick even when it is grown out. I mentioned this when it was getting installed but they said that of I grew out my natural hair it would blend better and that the colour will fade over time.

To me the system looks way too thick to be natural and the colour looks too dark. Also, I'm not sure if the hairline looks weird around the temples.

I am going back next week for a follow up appointment, so wondering if these are legitimate concerns to bring up, or it is just due to going from no hair to having hair and I'm not used to it.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20211125_202303 copy.jpg
    20211125_202303 copy.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 20211125_202323 copy.jpg
    20211125_202323 copy.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 20211125_202641 copy.jpg
    20211125_202641 copy.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 20211125_202746 copy.jpg
    20211125_202746 copy.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 185

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Yknoff

I think what they are telling you is spot on. The system itself looks excellent. The colour and density look very good to me. You may get the feeling that the density is too heavy, but that is a familiar mental block that everyone gets when going from thinning hair back to normal density. You will get used to it in a week or two. Believe me - objectively it looks good, and it looks appropriate to your age as far as I can tell from your skin tone etc.

But it is true that your sides are very short, and it will look better when they grow out a bit. Actually I personally don't think it looks bad now - if I saw you I would assume it was a deliberate style choice to go for a very accentuated undercut. But if you would prefer less scalp showing at the sides you could think of using some concealer, just as a temporary measure to bulk your sides up while they grow out.

Over all though, a first class result. Relax and enjoy it!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with Noah about the color. I am a little skeptical about the sides. I would go ahead and let them grow out, but if they are super thin... you might want to keep them as short as possible, as they look to me to be very thin and diffuse.

Good luck I think, overall it looks fantastic, the cut, color and density/

I reckon your own hair was so thin, you are just not used to a normal density.

Yknoff

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks all for your input, I guess I am not used to the density of real hair! I will try to grow out the sides some more and see how it looks after.