New System Does It Look Real And Not Like A System?

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Had it fitted yesterday.
Thin skin with lace front.
European human hair.
The colour match STILL doesn't look 100% exact but close.

Strangely enough regular ghost bond was applied to my entire bald areas.
And then a solvent based glue around the perimeter edges.

Bad sides: it's sometimes itching around the perimeter and gave me a headache for a while yesterday.
Maybe an allergic reaction to the solvent based glue, although isn't directly on my skin. Ghost bond underneath.
Colour match isn't 100%

Eseera29

My Regimen
Reaction score
From that angle and that far, yeah there's no way it looks weird and unnatural but... these pictures can be misleading. Close up and good lighting will be a better way to judge.

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I often find that people over scrutinize on here. I think there are so many people that post photo's, and people list the problems, but the truth is, if it was just a non-wearer posting a photo of their hair, nobody would say a thing. Honestly when I go out now, I think every guy is possibly wearing, as there are so many different kinds of styles out there and so many look completely odd. I think unless it's something completely blatant, like being able to see the lace at a hairline, most of the pictures posted here are fine. As for the OP, impossible to tell with such a distant photo, mate.

Edit: Not to hijack this thread, but to finish my point. This guy below was got me thinking about what I said above. He's a young, top level footballer and 100% is not wearing a piece. But could you imagine the reponse if he posted on here asking what people thought of his hair? Density this, hairline too straight? doesn't look blended too well, some comment about temples, lol. People get my point, right?
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ.jpg

Last edited:

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I often find that people over scrutinize on here. I think there are so many people that post photo's, and people list the problems, but the truth is, if it was just a non-wearer posting a photo of their hair, nobody would say a thing. Honestly when I go out now, I think every guy is possibly wearing, as there are so many different kinds of styles out there and so many look completely odd. I think unless it's something completely blatant, like being able to see the lace at a hairline, most of the pictures posted here are fine. As for the OP, impossible to tell with such a distant photo, mate.

Edit: Not to hijack this thread, but to finish my point. This guy below was got me thinking about what I said above. He's a young, top level footballer and 100% is not wearing a piece. But could you imagine the reponse if he posted on here asking what people thought of his hair? Density this, hairline too straight? doesn't look blended too well, some comment about temples, lol. People get my point, right?
View attachment 88716

Yeah I think the OP looks okay mostly because he is a young guy and young men often have thick hair. I think were you couldn't get away with it anymore is if you were 50 and were still wearing a thick piece.

Noah

Reaction score
That looks good from those photos YGA. Can't see any telltale signs that it's not your real hair. Well done!

Don't neglect the itch though. It may mean that glue doesn't suit your skin. Either change the glue or use a scalp protector underneath.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Had it fitted yesterday.
Thin skin with lace front.
European human hair.
The colour match STILL doesn't look 100% exact but close.

Strangely enough regular ghost bond was applied to my entire bald areas.
And then a solvent based glue around the perimeter edges.

Bad sides: it's sometimes itching around the perimeter and gave me a headache for a while yesterday.
Maybe an allergic reaction to the solvent based glue, although isn't directly on my skin. Ghost bond underneath.
Colour match isn't 100%

Looks cool, at least from that distance.

Eseera29

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was feeling similar the first days, cause I thought washing meant - no water at all. Now ever day that I wake up, I spray it with a lot of water, so it gets very damp, then comb through and add conditioner. I use a gel leave-in made for hair systems, which is fairly oily. After I finish with the leave-in, I blow dry it slightly. In terms of touch, it's never like my real hair, it's much more rough. But, in terms of looks, it looks like 95% the same.

I also think the more dense the system is, the harder it is to pull a long hair style? Might be wrong. Just some thoughts.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was feeling similar the first days, cause I thought washing meant - no water at all. Now ever day that I wake up, I spray it with a lot of water, so it gets very damp, then comb through and add conditioner. I use a gel leave-in made for hair systems, which is fairly oily. After I finish with the leave-in, I blow dry it slightly. In terms of touch, it's never like my real hair, it's much more rough. But, in terms of looks, it looks like 95% the same.

I also think the more dense the system is, the harder it is to pull a long hair style? Might be wrong. Just some thoughts.

Not sure what the density is of this.
Medium-light I guess.
I think my own hair is like extra light density.

Supposed to be poly base with lace front.
But the whole top feels like a dry tight mesh as has a textile feel to it.
Could be mono or lace, doesn't feel like poly skin and doesn't feel natural either if touched with hair parted at top.

I paid £2000 for 3 custom bespoke systems which a mould was taken of my head through a well known salon, hopefully I wasn't ripped off.
And took approx 12 weeks from feb the 6th when ordered.
But have zero experience to do it myself.

Even more strange how the entire bald areas were covered with regular ghost bond + the perimeter was covered with solvent based glue.
Not sure what the solvent based glue was but was in a metal looking tin and extremely strong smelling.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What is the leave in gel called? And is it greasy or not?

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
terrible pics, can't really tell how good the system looks from those

Eseera29

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using "RemySoft blueMax Protective Silicone Serum" It is a bit greasy. But I add just a little bit, spread it through the hair and blow dry it. It makes the hair a bit more silky like my real one.I don't think oily serums will work well with longer hair though.

I guess if the saloon did it all for you they should know what leave-in's to use to make it look good.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

1. How is the itching? I noticed when I did the second attachment and used Walkers Thick Skin Scalp Protector it helped immensely.

2. Why did you go with skin and lace, and not just all lace?

3. Washing, I only wash the hair when it's off, I use the tiniest bit of shampoo in a sink of tepid water. Then I use a good conditioner and rinse well. That has been once a week. And trying to get two weeks out of the current bond.

4. I would find out from the salon exactly what the base is, and make sure they are using the correct adhesives. I have never heard mixing adhesives, and especially as you said, putting one adhesive on top of the Ghost bond, sounds odd.

5. Do you do your own re-attachments or does the salon?

6. When you had your initial consultation, did they match your own hair with actual hair samples? I did, and the match is 100% perfect.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

1. How is the itching? I noticed when I did the second attachment and used Walkers Thick Skin Scalp Protector it helped immensely.

2. Why did you go with skin and lace, and not just all lace?

3. Washing, I only wash the hair when it's off, I use the tiniest bit of shampoo in a sink of tepid water. Then I use a good conditioner and rinse well. That has been once a week. And trying to get two weeks out of the current bond.

4. I would find out from the salon exactly what the base is, and make sure they are using the correct adhesives. I have never heard mixing adhesives, and especially as you said, putting one adhesive on top of the Ghost bond, sounds odd.

5. Do you do your own re-attachments or does the salon?

6. When you had your initial consultation, did they match your own hair with actual hair samples? I did, and the match is 100% perfect.

Itches every day, sometimes terrible itching but only seems to be around the parameter.

Skin and lace front, as that's what the salon only does.

Yeah will find out when I next go back.
Was told the solvent adhesive on the perimeter was put on to stop it coming off when wet. Ghost Bond regular was over the entire scalp.
Had some lift at the front, despite that, luckily the fringe hides it.

There's plenty of other adhesives there they could use, as was patch tested for 6 others. And they have like 20 different adhesives there.

Salon does the re-attachments, I have no experience and would ruin the hair system if I did it.

Yeah they took samples of my side/back hair when I had the initial consultation.
Maybe the colour isn't 100% because the sides are buzzed so might look different,idk.