New study fails to demonstrate that baldness is a genetic problem

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Come on people...you're exaggerated, why would you want 200 hairs /cm^2?? Too much greed!
There's no need of such a thing! Even most girls don;t have that density i think.
You need to stop this density obsession.

The hell are you talking about? I said 100-200... I didn't say 200 ONLY. Furthermore, you're way off base. 200 hairs per cm/2 is NORMAL. Do your homework. Average number of hairs per graft is 2-3, or 2.5. Do some math:

200 / 2.5 = 80 GRAFTS
100 / 2.5 = 40 GRAFTS

These are normal, NORMAL human densities and I gave a range depending on how much you WANT. My decision or anyone elses is not going to be dictated by how much YOU think I or anyone else should have. And suppose stem cell therapy DOES allow people to have any number of follicles they desire... you honestly think the procedure should be restricted because you have an OPINION? LOL.

You want 50-60 hairs per cm/2? Your'e looking at just over 20 grafts per cm/2. Thats CRAP. Go ahead and desire wispy hair.

For me, i'll be more than happy if i had, say, 50-60 hairs/cm^2, but UNIFORMLY distributed all over my head,and good hairline, i'd just keep the hair short and it would look completely fine.

Good for you.

And , if you;re, say, mostly NW3V, this is quite achievable by maintenance with finasteride and some hair transplants, if you're not bad donor, and then, comes the body hair transplante, etc etc...

I'm not on Finasteride and refuse to take it due to sides. I'd rather not risk screwing up the function of my penis just for hair. Yes, I know it works, you dont need to tell me more.

Why having this SF expectations with 200 hairs/cm^2 and always be deceived because you cannot attain that?
It doesn't help at all!

I don't care about your opinions.

So go get a hair transplant with a top surgeon, and problem is solved...

No, its not. Hair loss is progressive. You should know that.

Aaa, the hair transplant can't give you 200 hair per centimeter unless you transplant 20.000 grafts?

Again, do your research. Not everyones balding area is the same. Mine is approx. 200cm/2. Therefor, to get around 40 grafts per cm/2 for the entire area I'd need 8,000 grafts.

Well, then, bad for you, you're gonna live your life with a poor and not uniform density dreaming every second of 200 hairs/centimeter? What good for? And what's with this hate on other people you rant here everyday? You live too much for others opinion on you and too little for yourself, i think...

Useless commentary.

I'm sure if you got that 200 hairs/cm^2 you would discover other imperfection at you for which others may laugh and again and again...

Excuse me? How fvcking dare you assume how I go about my own imperfections. Since you clearly crave validation, I'll level with you:

I'm 5'10", not exactly tall. That doesn't bother me.
I'm rather skinny. That doesn't bother me.
I've been told I have big ears. That doesn't bother me.
I've got slight bags under my eyes. That doesn't bother me.
I wear glasses. That doesn't bother me.
I can't grow much facial hair as my cheeks are patchy. That doesn't bother me.

None of these things have been an issue. So what the fvck are you going on about I'll find other imperfections? I know my imperfections. Even if I wanted to correct them: WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TELL ME OTHERWISE?

So go, solve your problem with a hair transplant, and live your life!! As i remeber your hair is not that bad at all...

This isn't bad?

2013-02-15-top.jpg

Why wouldn't you do a hair transplant? At top clinics they really do very good job.
Only because it cannot give you the hair you had at 16?
Why being so greedy? you don't need that!
Let's get down to earth and stop wanting perfection!
Nobody's perfect!
Ok, nature didn't give some of us plenty of hair, but surely we have something in plus towards those with monkey-like heads of hair.
What's the point in craving to perfect hair and live a miserable life, bashing the existing solutions which can make your hair better, but not perfect?? No good, no good, my friend...

Drivel commentary and ridiculous questions.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok man, it seems you're strong in your desires and beliefs.
Oh, and you're making up things i didn't assume.
1) I didn't say stem cell terapy should be restricted, i don't get how you deduced that.
2) finasteride doesn't do **** on your dick, it works completely fine
3) I said 50-60 hairs is fine for HAIR KEPT SHORT, mostly 1 cm long on top and shorter, maybe 5-7 mm on sides. Of course if you would keep it long, it would look wispy, but if you keep it short, and the density is UNIFORM, it looks fine. This is something you don't get i think, because probably you never cut your hair short.
4) Yes, your hair situation is not excellent, but not that bad either. I don't know, but i think a hair transplant could surely make it a lot better. You don't need that 40 graft on ALL AREA, it is not completely bald. I think with 4000 grafts you would be very fine, don't know about your donor.
5) You need to stop that hate on other people with good hair, like they are responsible for your hair problems.
6) You need to stop wanting perfect hair, and having exaggerate expectations. It wiull only drive you crazy, because you can't attain them.

Ok, only my opinion, if you don't care, i don't mind. If you reject all available solutions which could make your hair situation a lot better NOW, but not perfect, and prefer to wait for a miraculous stem-cell therapy to give you perfect hair, which god knows will ever come at all, then it's your choice.
I will be more than happy for a cure to come, but until then i'd prefer the available solutions existent today.
But at least stop that negativity and hate towards others, it's not going to do you any good, i think.
Best luck!

abcdefg

Reaction score
Im just going to touch on the Norwood 0 comments. IMO the main issue with baldness from a cosmetic prospective is that makes you look older. Generally as you get older you want to look younger. Teenagers look young because they are actually young and they all have Norwood 0 hair in most cases before male pattern baldness kicks. Many men such as myself started at that point so its only natural to want that back because to me I did not look like a monkey back than although opinions may vary. Another thing is when you see a 35 year old guy that is Norwood 0 that guy doesnt look like hes going bald anytime soon while a Norwood 2 could go south any day. So I would prefer the Norwood 0 never going bald look as opposed to the I could lose a little hair and be balding Norwood 3.
In the end hair is about looking younger and Norwood 0 is the grand goal there. Its also confidence though which is a different issue. With current treatments Norwood 0 is a pipe dream which makes it that much more important to be the lucky ones with no male pattern baldness that has no cure or good treatments. Norwood 0 has plenty of time to wait for better treaments too