New Regimine Any Potential Problems Title

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I failed on Propecia, Darolutamide, and RU. Only things working good right now are Zix (just the Zinc Sulfate though) Nizoral and wounding. Thinking about adding Hydrocortisone 1% every day for a few weeks then reducing it to 2x a week and everyday I don't use Hydrocortisone I'm gonna use Miconazole Nitrate 2%, after a little bit I'm gonna add Oral Seti, and maybe even Oral Minoxidil in the future, do you guys see any potential problems with this regimine?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I failed on Propecia, Darolutamide, and RU. Only things working good right now are Zix (just the Zinc Sulfate though) Nizoral and wounding. Thinking about adding Hydrocortisone 1% every day for a few weeks then reducing it to 2x a week and everyday I don't use Hydrocortisone I'm gonna use Miconazole Nitrate 2%, after a little bit I'm gonna add Oral Seti, and maybe even Oral Minoxidil in the future, do you guys see any potential problems with this regimine?

how long you been on zix?

just hilarious if after all the sh*t youve tried, a bunch of zinc tablets are keeping your hair loss at bay

i gotta try this sh*t man

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
how long you been on zix?

just hilarious if after all the sh*t youve tried, a bunch of zinc tablets are keeping your hair loss at bay

i gotta try this sh*t man
Been on it for two days now but it makes my hair look amazing, was on it for a few months but stopped to do my Darolutamide expirement that ended up failing badly, it has an amazing thickening effect, makes you go up a Norwood instantly, hopefully it also keeps my hairloss at bay.

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did you stop to take Propecia and RU? Have you had side effects from both of them?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep same sides RU a bit more sides with a bit milder effect though.

I didnt react well with nizoral btw - sorry to imply you should hit the breaks, but i seems to shed more using it than not using it at all. Anyhow if you dont seem to be shedding much, i'd say stay the course.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didnt react well with nizoral btw - sorry to imply you should hit the breaks, but i seems to shed more using it than not using it at all. Anyhow if you dont seem to be shedding much, i'd say stay the course.
There's so much sebum build up on my scalp after a day or two and the nizoral really helps with that. Do you think there will be any problems with using Zix with Miconazole Nitrate, and Hydrocortisone? I'm guessing just to make sure I wash the Zinc off my scalp before applying them?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's so much sebum build up on my scalp after a day or two and the nizoral really helps with that. Do you think there will be any problems with using Zix with Miconazole Nitrate, and Hydrocortisone? I'm guessing just to make sure I wash the Zinc off my scalp before applying them?

yeah, i was just complaining to my gf about how greasy my hair is. My advice is see how the zinc and nizoral work before adding anything else. It sounds like you wont be adding Miconazole or cortisone right away anyhow, but give it a month before you do.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, i was just complaining to my gf about how greasy my hair is. My advice is see how the zinc and nizoral work before adding anything else. It sounds like you wont be adding Miconazole or cortisone right away anyhow, but give it a month before you do.
The Zinc already makes my scalp feel better and my hair 10x thicker, it's just I'm like 100% mentally I feel that this won't maintain, I do see a few less hairs than usual but that's not enough to halt my loss, just trying to completely stop it before my hair really does look like sh*t (which it kind of did before I added Zinc)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Zinc already makes my scalp feel better and my hair 10x thicker, it's just I'm like 100% mentally I feel that this won't maintain, I do see a few less hairs than usual but that's not enough to halt my loss, just trying to completely stop it before my hair really does look like sh*t (which it kind of did before I added Zinc)

Well I do lose more hairs than before male pattern baldness kicked in, say 10 vs 1-2 in the shower. But I can say after 13+ years, it's done a pretty amazing job.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I do lose more hairs than before male pattern baldness kicked in, say 10 vs 1-2 in the shower. But I can say after 13+ years, it's done a pretty amazing job.
Yep, thanks to you, I have some hope that one day I'll have a full head of hair again, sad to say at 19 lol.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, thanks to you, I have some hope that one day I'll have a full head of hair again, sad to say at 19 lol.

Well sure it's not as bad as you think. I remember when i started. I look back now and think I was worried for nothing. Not to mention my hair was way better back then.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What is zinc? Is it an oral pill or topical application? How do you get it? Why not try topical minoxidil?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is zinc? Is it an oral pill or topical application? How do you get it? Why not try topical minoxidil?

Read my thread in alternative treatments. Called how zinc/b6 saved my hair. The last 5 pages are probably the most relevant.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Read my thread in alternative treatments. Called how zinc/b6 saved my hair. The last 5 pages are probably the most relevant.

Could you please give me a short summary? There's endless text in there lol

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you think maybe using zinc oxide sunscreen would be better than using other sunscreens? i mean for our hair.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you please give me a short summary? There's endless text in there lol

I now use something called zix, which is zinc sulphate and b6 after quitting finasteride after 7 years of use. It halted my shedding from 200 hairs to basically 10 in the shower. I've managed to maintain about 90% over the past 13 years (I'm 40 now).

In the past 5-6 weeks I've gone to a zinc sulphate topical.i use 3-4 capsules of 220 mgs mixed in about 45 mls distilled water with the rest ethyl alcohol (a specific type of rubbing alcohol). It seems to be more effective. Anyhow, the zinc costs me $5-6 for 100 capsules and the water and alcohol is another $4. Basically this will provide me with a year supply, averaging about $1/month.

I use a plus pharma zinc brand which you find on amazon. And you need ethyl alcohol which is 70%. Distilled water is a must, but any pharmacy should carry it.

If you want another resource look up zix hair loss on google and you'll see what inspired me some 13 years ago to try it. Personally I don't mix my formula the same as him, amusing much fewer ingredients and in different concentrations. Cheers!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you think maybe using zinc oxide sunscreen would be better than using other sunscreens? i mean for our hair.

Maybe , but that's super thick and messy is my guess. The Zinc oxide I'm thinking of is diaper cream.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe , but that's super thick and messy is my guess. The Zinc oxide I'm thinking of is diaper cream.

I have to mix it myself, can't just buy it anywhere? I don't know how to mix chemicals for the life of me lol