New Regime: Stemox|minoxidil|ru|oral Castor|other Oils

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dermarolled until last week, when my derm showed pictures of one of his patients who dermarolled and put 15% minoxidil after.
Skin burned, bald spots where there was supposed to be hair.
Now this is an extreme case, but I was suggested that to increase absorption one just rubs a little more. Attrition and heat should do the trick.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
yo @David_MPN i see your around on all sections here. you must have a pretty good knowledge of all the treatments people are using

whats the best non hormone regime i can use?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
yo @David_MPN i see your around on all sections here. you must have a pretty good knowledge of all the treatments people are using

whats the best non hormone regime i can use?

Minoxidil, stemoxydyine, castor oil, nizoral.

If you want to speculate, black market fevipiprant.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil, stemoxydyine, castor oil, nizoral.

If you want to speculate, black market fevipiprant.

cheers man

im looking into that topical cet stuff. seems to work similar to seti and fevi right? the whole pgd2 angle.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
cheers man

im looking into that topical cet stuff. seems to work similar to seti and fevi right? the whole pgd2 angle.

I think cetirizine inhibits both pgd2 and pge2. I take cet orally every day for reasons other than hair, not sure what effects it has had on my hair

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think cetirizine inhibits both pgd2 and pge2. I take cet orally every day for reasons other than hair, not sure what effects it has had on my hair

lol with all the other sh*t your taking im not surprised you cant tell if its helping your hair

you must have no hair loss at all now?

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol with all the other sh*t your taking im not surprised you cant tell if its helping your hair

you must have no hair loss at all now?

Nah it's just slowing down my hair loss extremely

For what it's worth, i've been taking cet/zyrtec daily since I was 15 or 16, and still had rapid hair loss starting at 18. I should probably update the regimen, not on alpicort at the moment.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah it's just slowing down my hair loss extremely

For what it's worth, i've been taking cet/zyrtec daily since I was 15 or 16, and still had rapid hair loss starting at 18. I should probably update the regimen, not on alpicort at the moment.

you getting any sides with your regimen?

how come your taking oral cet? what are your thoughts about it as a topical hair loss treatment? is it worth using?

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you getting any sides with your regimen?

how come your taking oral cet? what are your thoughts about it as a topical hair loss treatment? is it worth using?

If I don't take it, all my skin (including scalp) gets unbearably itchy. I took the normal dose for for about 5 years, but then I found that the children's cetirizine or splitting the tab worked just as well for me.

Not sure on it's effectiveness as a topical hairloss treatment personally as I've never tried it. I've been interested in trying it but I want to give minoxidil and RU some more time before I add other topicals. If you try it, dissolve it in distilled water rather than ethanol, I don't think it's soluble in alcohol.

Last edited:

TanbarkBellss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any progress pics with this?

(sorry i glanced through quickly but don't have time to read all the comments, pls forgive)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

(sorry i glanced through quickly but don't have time to read all the comments, pls forgive)

Slight regrowth at hairline. It's still receded but at least it's no longer an m shape.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Current regime:
1 ml of 5% topical liquid minoxidil daily, after the shower.
Includes approximately ~15 mg of RU 58841 dissolved in.
1.5 ml of 0.25% alfatradiol from Pantostin
Nizoral 1% 3x/week
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Oil conditioner the other days, with some peppermint oil thrown in.

These pictures are post-haircut from this morning, a 1 on the sides and the back, and a 4 on top, approximately. I'm holding stead as a moderately thinned norwood 2. Noticeable recession at the hairline and temple points, though better than when I started. The thinning is more noticeable in the third pic, from the side, than the first pic, from the front. The crown appears perfect other than a micro bald spot that nearly nobody would notice. All are slightly better than before treatments. Baby hairs are noticeable at the corners of the hairline, I assume that they will unfortunately remain baby hairs indefinitely.

I am not satisfied with my hair and general looks, and would like whatever improvement I can get in any respect possible.

14898504955611569474399.jpg
1489850553015-207684036.jpg
1489850599081-2115446079.jpg

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Current regime:
Nizoral 1% 3x/week
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Oil conditioner the other days, with some peppermint oil thrown in.

These pictures are post-haircut from this morning, a 1 on the sides and the back, and a 4 on top, approximately. I'm holding stead as a moderately thinned norwood 2. Noticeable recession at the hairline and temple points, though better than when I started. The thinning is more noticeable in the third pic, from the side, than the first pic, from the front. The crown appears perfect other than a micro bald spot that nearly nobody would notice. All are slightly better than before treatments. Baby hairs are noticeable at the corners of the hairline, I assume that they will unfortunately remain baby hairs indefinitely.

I am not satisfied with my hair and general looks, and would like whatever improvement I can get in any respect possible.

View attachment 50605 View attachment 50606 View attachment 50607

Man I feel you and I are so similar as far as when we started our respective treatments + saw results

So you feel like regrowth on your current regimen has pretty much maxed out? I still seem to be gradually improving. Some days I feel so much peace over how far I've come from pre treatment, but I still have flashing moments when my bdd kicks in and I get paranoid nothings improved or I may be getting worse again. I also have an issue telling the difference between vellus hairs and early terminal hairs with my light blonde color. This whole experience has been a complete mind f***

I'm noticing a lot of my improvement has taken place from the temple angles inward, and they continue to close closer and closer to my hairline. Hadn't really been noticing this because I'd been focusing so hard on my hairline, which still looks like sh*t to me at the lowest part in front, with gaps filled with vellus hairs that I desperately want to go terminal. The overall frontal hair quality in general though looks 20x better than when I started treatment, as I guess density has gradually improved.

I do feel regrowth has accelerated a bit since adding tretinoin and peppermint oil. Increasing minoxidil's potential seems to be key. Would you consider adding tretinoin or something to improve absorption?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Current regime:
Nizoral 1% 3x/week

View attachment 50605 View attachment 50606 View attachment 50607

dave from that last picture you should def look into getting a chin implant. and maybe a slight nose reduction. its kinda hard to tell because you seem to be pulling your head in a bit, but it looks like you have a recessed chin.

recessed chin and big nose is horrible look (no offense). but easily fixable. you should check some examples online. it make such a HUGE f*****g difference to their looks. especially when they are kind of average/good looking anyway. getting their chin and nose done makes the world of difference

pretty sure a nose reduction isnt that invasive a procedure. they dont break the bone (like i did), they just file it down.

u look good from the front

id like to see a buzzcut look too. i think it would look smart. especially after turning yourself into a badass at the gym

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dave from that last picture you should def look into getting a chin implant. and maybe a slight nose reduction. its kinda hard to tell because you seem to be pulling your head in a bit, but it looks like you have a recessed chin.

I think getting rid of the fat under the chin will do 90% of the trick. All you need to do is work out.
Also your hair is ten times better than mine.
Im curious how you look with beard.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think getting rid of the fat under the chin will do 90% of the trick. All you need to do is work out.

its hard to tell from the photo. but i think working out and a chin implant will be a f*****g huge impact on his looks. recessed chins are one of the worst features a guy could have. you look like a chicken.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man I feel you and I are so similar as far as when we started our respective treatments + saw results

So you feel like regrowth on your current regimen has pretty much maxed out? I still seem to be gradually improving. Some days I feel so much peace over how far I've come from pre treatment, but I still have flashing moments when my bdd kicks in and I get paranoid nothings improved or I may be getting worse again. I also have an issue telling the difference between vellus hairs and early terminal hairs with my light blonde color. This whole experience has been a complete mind f***

I'm noticing a lot of my improvement has taken place from the temple angles inward, and they continue to close closer and closer to my hairline. Hadn't really been noticing this because I'd been focusing so hard on my hairline, which still looks like sh*t to me at the lowest part in front, with gaps filled with vellus hairs that I desperately want to go terminal. The overall frontal hair quality in general though looks 20x better than when I started treatment, as I guess density has gradually improved.

I do feel regrowth has accelerated a bit since adding tretinoin and peppermint oil. Increasing minoxidil's potential seems to be key. Would you consider adding tretinoin or something to improve absorption?

I'm pretty sure my regrowth on the current regimen has been maxed out. I think though that I can probably get more regrowth, and superior long-term maintenance, by enhancing the other chemicals.

Things I'm considering: Increasing RU dosage to ~30 mg, adding in stemoxydine, adding in zix, adding in S5 Plus cream, adding in topical castor oil, dissolving coconut oil and nigella sativa oil in my shampoo and/or conditioner.

Separately, I'm going to look into lowering my minoxidil from 5% to 2%. I think that 2% is all that's needed for maintenance, and at this point I've been on minoxidil for nearly 9 months.

But perhaps the minoxidil is not even working for me, and all of my regrowth is from RU, in which case yes I should add some tretinoin. Where do you get your tretinoin? Do you just dissolve it into the liquid minoxidil?

The experience has been a mindfuck for you, but you're getting a satisfactory result.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

recessed chin and big nose is horrible look (no offense). but easily fixable. you should check some examples online. it make such a HUGE f*****g difference to their looks. especially when they are kind of average/good looking anyway. getting their chin and nose done makes the world of difference

pretty sure a nose reduction isnt that invasive a procedure. they dont break the bone (like i did), they just file it down.

u look good from the front

id like to see a buzzcut look too. i think it would look smart. especially after turning yourself into a badass at the gym

its hard to tell from the photo. but i think working out and a chin implant will be a f*****g huge impact on his looks. recessed chins are one of the worst features a guy could have. you look like a chicken.

Thanks.

I might start being more consistent about sporting stubble, but I don't plan on growing a beard.

I'm starting invisalign in a month, and am seeing a dermatologist for skin issues in two months. I'm hoping the dermatologist can suggest something for all of the red spots.

So for the time being I'm holding off of expensive+invasive procedures like nose jobs, hair transplants, and chin implants.

Weight loss has been a long journey, but now I'm almost done so I don't expect significant further advantage. My body mass index is already below 25. I might lose 10 more pounds if I can. I'll get a slight improvement in aesthetics, and in health, but no miracles.

Last edited:

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks.

I might start being more consistent about sporting stubble, but I don't plan on growing a beard.

I'm starting invisalign in a month, and am seeing a dermatologist for skin issues in two months. I'm hoping the dermatologist can suggest something for all of the red spots.

So for the time being I'm holding off of expensive+invasive procedures like nose jobs, hair transplants, and chin implants.

Weight loss has been a long journey, but now I'm almost done so I don't expect significant further advantage. My body mass index is already below 25. I might lose 10 more pounds if I can. I'll get a slight improvement in aesthetics, and in health, but no miracles.

The weight loss thing bothers me. I was out with some people for St-Patrick's day. They had eaten generous breakfasts and lunches. They don't work out. They had a lot of beer. And they live happy lives. I hate the unfairness of it.

lol i am one of those guys fortunately. though i am sick of shitty food and too much beer. i actually want to eat healthily from now and and get in great shape. i wana know what that feels like. the 'alpha badass' feeling.

nice teeth and skin are big imo so thats cool

f*** the hair transplant and nose, you dont really need it. my nose is similar to yours but a more bulbous tip. like tom cruise. i love it now. im grateful my doctor didnt give me that 'nose job look'. where they reduce it a lot and you can just tell its surgery. no thank you. i didnt appreciate it at the time but i do now. i think people need to be extra careful with surgery in general. you can carried away with it and end up looking terrible. less is more i think

but if you really do have a recessed chin, i honestly think that would make a big improvement on your looks. it does with everyone. but one thing at a time. im pretty sure its a relatively simple procedure. anyway research is king obviously, as with everything else

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol i am one of those guys fortunately. though i am sick of shitty food and too much beer. i actually want to eat healthily from now and and get in great shape. i wana know what that feels like. the 'alpha badass' feeling.

nice teeth and skin are big imo so thats cool

f*** the hair transplant and nose, you dont really need it. my nose is similar to yours but a more bulbous tip. like tom cruise. i love it now. im grateful my doctor didnt give me that 'nose job look'. where they reduce it a lot and you can just tell its surgery. no thank you. i didnt appreciate it at the time but i do now. i think people need to be extra careful with surgery in general. you can carried away with it and end up looking terrible. less is more i think

but if you really do have a recessed chin, i honestly think that would make a big improvement on your looks. it does with everyone. but one thing at a time. im pretty sure its a relatively simple procedure. anyway research is king obviously, as with everything else

What research is there on recessed chins?