New Piece Is Surprisingly Curly, Thick, And Frizzy

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I got my new piece, and as the title says. I got it from Northwest lace. Requested medium wave, which was fine with my piece from Toplace. It's very curly. It's also thick and frizzy and in truth, doesn't look particularly good right now. I've washed it four times. Is there something I need to be doing to get the piece to look acceptable? I was supposed to see my hairdresser tomorrow, but I don't want to take the piece in it's current condition.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering, why don't you ask Eric? Or post on the Norwood forum? They might have the answer if someone has had a similar experience

Noah

Reaction score
If it is clearly off-spec you should send it back. I have to say though, "medium wave" is a pretty vague description unless it is by reference to a chart of some sort. If it isn't, you would be better to send a lock of your biohair (or even from an old piece) to demonstrate what you want.

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, both.

I did email Eric, he was great as usual. Had some suggestions, which I will try. I know hair pieces sometimes need conditioning and things to let them settle down, so I'll see how that goes.

I wouldn't necessarily ''off spec'', Noah. It's just the other one I had from Toplace was the perfect amount of curl, and Northwest is supposed to be the exact same, 2.5cm, confirmed by Eric. So it's confusing as to why they're so different. But then the Toplace piece didn't need a separate conditioner either, no frizz after washing, so maybe they're just differently made. I'm sure this piece will settle down, I don't think it helped that I was all geared up to do the dreaded cut in and the piece didn't look ready.