new on board

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
It was a moment in passing which I'm sure she forgot about minutes later but for me the impression lasts longer since I have to process that negativity. I don't have to be special to have people respond to my appearance in an insulting way. People have eyes and they use them to look at other people and sometimes they react to what they see. If it were some handsome guy instead then she might react by turning her head and smiling at him, maybe flutter her eyelashes.... does that make the handsome guy any more "special" because she took a moment to visually respond to him? No, I don't think so. If EVERYONE stopped and starred at me then that would be something else... something surreal, but I'm not claiming that. But the reactions I do get are enough to trouble and irritate me. Fair enough?

I'm sorry but why are you even here? Do you have alopecia? If you do you know there is a whole section for women here for you to post in. Ever since you have arrived on this board you have engaged it's members with a very morally superior than thou attitude that comes off as being very matronizing.

lol matronizing? Is that a word?

I was just trying to point out that you've assumed her action was about you when really, it was completely ambiguous. I have no idea how you can be so sure that it was a negative response to your and specficailly, to your baldness. I've never in my life heard of someone shading their eyes in response to an unnattractive or balding person.

slipy

Reaction score
i've seen twenty five post in men's hair loss section and i find it odd how she knows so much about male pattern balding. maybe she's a dude who lied about his gender. if not i apologise. :whistle:

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
well as a bald man who displayed slybaldness for 2 years i can say that.

1. if someone didnt trerat me right or perceived me lower socially I immidiealty assumed it was becuase i was bald
2. i felt nervious around new people becuase i was bald and looked crap and was 24 and was 5 5, obviosuly i never wore glasses even though i needed them, if i did that i would be shooting myself in the foot, at least the baldness & height isnt my own fault, but willingly adding glasses was something i ONLY did when driving (becuase i needed to legally)
3. socially some people would actually IGNORE me, like i was a ghost, a shadow of a human being, like i dont have the same rights as other people (normal people with no problems).

i defently felt MASSIVE social discrimation fo being bald, and im guessing thepeopel denying it here do not have aggreseive hairloss or aren't even baldguy at all or possibly look good bald and are tall or something.

seb

Reaction score
As an outsider looking in,and now a member,my observations are there are two main types of people on here.There are people such as myself and U.man who are 30s+(and fully bald) that are unhappy being bald due too the way we are treated by society,and how WE feel about ourselves.Then there are the late teens/20s who are receeding and are worried about the negative impact from society,and MAINLY concerned about the effects of attracting women.
This i feel is the reason U.man gets so much flack.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
seb said:
As an outsider looking in,and now a member,my observations are there are two main types of people on here.There are people such as myself and U.man who are 30s+(and fully bald) that are unhappy being bald due too the way we are treated by society,and how WE feel about ourselves.Then there are the late teens/20s who are receeding and are worried about the negative impact from society,and MAINLY concerned about the effects of attracting women.
This i feel is the reason U.man gets so much flack.

I'm 18 and my concerns about hair loss are solely based on being treated differently. I have mates who like to point out other peoples' flaws in a bid to make themselves look better/ just because they really don't think. One friend in particular prides his stupidly thick head of hair more than anything and always points out other peoples' imperfections particularly to girls and just talks about himself constantly. He seems to have a lot of bald men in his family so there's a good chance he'll lose a significant amount of his own hair some time in the future and I really think it'll bring him down a notch and be a little more considerate. Or more likely he'll start blaming his family again and just moan a little more. Anyway, yeah just saying that as a teenager, I don't care about how baldness would affect my chance with girls, I'm more interested in being able to get a good career (I'd love to be a musician but that's unlikely) and just generally enjoying myself.

seb

Reaction score
You sound like me when i was receeding at your age.Thats all we can do,is focus our efforts on achieving our goals,and somehow except the fact that society as a whole,views bald people as trash,and we will never have hair.