New here.. Need help with new poly stock system

Daffie57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am kind of new here, been shaving my head for many years now as I am now 46 years old. I ordered a mail order poly skin stock hair system and had the factory cut it in so it is ready to go. However I am having trouble getting the red tape on the poly system to stick on. When I spoke to the hair system distributor they said it may have silicone on it and to rub it with alcohol which I did using cotton.

still the red tape will not stick. It is a .04 meter poly. Any suggestion would be helpful and very appreciated for this newbie :))

Noah

Reaction score
I actually think washing-up liquid (dish soap to Americans) is best for that first wash, to get rid of the silicone. It's too harsh for repeated use, but it's the most effective for that first time.

Daffie57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dish washer soap? What do I do just put it on the base of the poly unit? Do not want to get dish washer soap in my hair. How exactly do I do it Noah?

Noah

Reaction score
Not dishwasher soap, dish soap (washing-up liquid, if you are a Brit).
IMG_4675.jpg

Just drip a bit on the underside of the base, rub it all over and lather it up with a damp cloth, then rise if off under the tap.

Daffie57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Noah. Will give the washing up liquid or American Dish soap a try. Good advice.