New here- need advice please

Giveitall

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm 38 yrs old and have noticed my hair thinning for maybe close to a yr. At first I just told myself it wasn't a big deal and I just ignored it. Didn't start looking at the back at my head til maybe a mth ago. I didn't want to believe I could possibly going bald. At times my hair would come out just by running my hair though my hair dry or in the shower. Seems like it's mostly at the crown. My family doesn't have any baldness in the family and this is why I'm so worried. I went to the Dr and she told me to change my eating habits and excercise more and don't worry about it. Well its gotten to a point where I'm thinking about it every min. I did start a new jb this yr and it is very very stressful. I know stress can play a part in hair loss so I wanted to get some opinions. Not sure if this is truly male pattern baldness or diffused thinning. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-19-19-25-34.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-19-19-25-34.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 236
  • Screenshot_2016-01-19-19-24-59.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-19-19-24-59.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 239
  • Screenshot_2016-01-19-19-24-25.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-19-19-24-25.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 227
  • Screenshot_2016-01-19-19-25-04.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-19-19-25-04.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 234

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely male pattern baldness. Crown is thinning. Front might have some minor recession but pretty dense. Your main options are minoxidil or finasteride.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd see a derm. Ask them for information on minoxidil and finasteride. There's alot of biased warped opinions online, so speak to a doctor about. I am currently using both.

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride + minoxidil
Also, you can use some toppix to conceal the crown pretty well I bet

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly your in really good shape hair wise for 38. I believe treatments usually work better in older men because usually if they are still able to treat it older it isnt as aggressive. Alot of times its a losing battle from someone in their 20s. Your hairline still looks good and has density. Also minoxidil and propecia work best on the crown. So I wouldnt worry. Plus it has only thinned a little so you could get some regrowth or atleast maintain. Which maintaining is a win.

If you do decide to go on treatment, there will probably be a shed, so it might look worse before it gets better. A shed indicates treatment is kicking in though. Also you throw some toppix on like someone else said you wouldnt be able to notice it.