New Hair Growth Mechanism Discovered

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I didnt get a chance to completely read all of this, but have they seen if these Tregs are missing on balding men?

If they do turn out to be absent then this could be a big discovery

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could be a very important link in the discovery chain. Again, I see potential for developing more effective stem cell therapy, PRP and liposome or peptide delivery mechanisms. The big guns working on this now should be picking up the phone...

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thank goodness for publicly funded basic research because the free market model with big pharma as the centre piece has been a colossal failure.

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
Where can I buy microscopic beads covered with Jag1?

That's what I want to know.

Yup. But a biopsy on a balding human scalp should at least identify if this is absent or present. At least they know what to look for in this instance

I bet you this is the cause of some peoples hair loss. It might not be the cause of our male pattern baldness, but its likely some people are affected by this IMO.

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's supremely frustrating that the casual mechanism of hair loss - immune response - has been obvious to the forums for more than a decade, and yet researchers have only just begun investigating it. Anyone with hair loss can tell you the most serious symptom - aside from the loss of hair - is itchy redness and hyper production of sebum, and that anti-fungals, steroids, and even LLLT - treatments that have strong anti-inflammatory properties - are effective against this symptom. This anecdote has been reported since men began losing hair, and yet no research into an autoimmune component was considered until the early 2000's.

I didn't even know LLLT had that effect. If LLLT devices weren't so damn expensive (/overpriced) I'd have one already. My scalp definitely itches like hell.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is an interesting article - we have long suspected the immune link, and this just helps confirm it.

Yeah, in Areata; the article even specifically ends on that note.

This is great news for people suffering from other kinds of alopecia; almost irrelevant for male pattern baldness sufferers.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that there was a reason that nobody wanted to find a solution for this hair loss story... a conspiracy? I cannot believe how many potential treatments are on the horizon and as far as I know, hair loss sufferers have never been in such a promising situation. Replicel, Tsuji, Follica, Brotzu, Samumed and for me the most important one: ACLARIS Therapeutics. If the latter is working, this could be the real cure. As nasa_rs mentions over and over on HLC2020: Applying a topical solution of decernotinib and getting 100 & of our hairs back! Now that will be huge and maybe we will hear good news in a few months (first results that topical highly selective jak inhibitor decernotinib is working for Androgenetic Alopecia and that they will go on with their trials!

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that there was a reason that nobody wanted to find a solution for this hair loss story... a conspiracy? I cannot believe how many potential treatments are on the horizon and as far as I know, hair loss sufferers have never been in such a promising situation. Replicel, Tsuji, Follica, Brotzu, Samumed and for me the most important one: ACLARIS Therapeutics. If the latter is working, this could be the real cure. As nasa_rs mentions over and over on HLC2020: Applying a topical solution of decernotinib and getting 100 & of our hairs back! Now that will be huge and maybe we will hear good news in a few months (first results that topical highly selective jak inhibitor decernotinib is working for Androgenetic Alopecia and that they will go on with their trials!

Personally, I think we can say a lot of factors play into good treatments or an outright cure being so long in the making:

• Hairloss research is (still) largely seen as a wasted endeavor in times prior to now. In the past, it wasn't you against literally everyone else where appearances made such a huge deal, especially on first impressions. Now, we have people killing themselves over Instagram.

• Related to point one is that most of the research was never picked up by big companies because coupled with perceived lack of market demand and how long it takes to see results with hair, the requisite investors were uninterested.

• The FDA

• Cope and delusion among the general population of males

jphalo

Reaction score

Jaks won't be usefull for us
tofacitinib-areata-androgenetic.jpg

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score

Damn. Where did he get decernotinib and how much does he use?

I will try it and post photos for everyone.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Your are not updated! They found out that only highly selective covalently bound Jak inhibitors could work (decernotinib).

They know that it works. The question is not if it works, its more how well does it work for Androgenetic Alopecia?

It seems that we get more and more evidence that Androgenetic Alopecia and Areata are more linked to each other than we think.
I believe that aclaris will finally solve this problem.

Right now they are in preclinical trials. When do you guys expect news concerning Decernotinib (if it works or not?)

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol this has been discussed before this guy was taking a JAK orally and not topically. Christiano said that topical would be the only way cause a higher amount of JAK would need to hit the hair follicle in Androgenetic Alopecia