New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Results can be seen with a microscope camera at 12 weeks or special image device . Dont expect terminal hairs where yoive been slick for years in a few months .it Takes time

Although I have had a few dozen and others have had more so it is possible. Whatever reasons we have in common has not been 100% nailed down yet but if we continue to work together as a community there is no reason why we can't get there.

SCALPMASTER

Reaction score
Although I have had a few dozen and others have had more so it is possible. Whatever reasons we have in common has not been 100% nailed down yet but if we continue to work together as a community there is no reason why we can't get there.

I agree, I think it takes a long time to see terminal hairs on the temples
And slick bald areas. I have new terminal hairs on the crown but the new vellus hairs on my tempes are growing a lot slower. However I think some of them will go terminal it just takes time, some people for instance 2Y2R have faster results but at the end of the day everyone is different and given time I think we can all achieve the same goal.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
The cold truth is that people that don't have their hairloss relatively controlled with minoxidil and finasteride should not expect much and their contributions are of little use. If you're **** scared about finasteride and tried derma rolling, it might be that you have progressed a Norwood level and no... you did not shed, it was permanent loss without it coming back. Just tuck that in the back of your mind when reporting no results.

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
So, I contacted skinactives regarding their keratin growth factor product, and inquired as to whether minoxidil solution or lipogaine would be a suitable vehicle. The dr that responded said that kgf, being a protein is likely to become inactivated (denatured) in contact with alcohol or propylene alcohol, she added that they have a premixed kgf hair growth serum.

I pointed out that propylene glycol was an ingredient in this serum, and she replied yes, but it's at a low concentration so won't interfere with the kgf.

All of which bums me out, I don't want another fricking topical, I just wanted to throw some growth factor in my minoxidil.
Oh well, think I'll do it anyway. It's not that expensive.

TheHandsomeLurker

Established Member
Reaction score
Since this seems to be the place: has anyone seen any evidence to suggest that dermarolling/microneedling has a substantial effect on treating male pattern baldness? If not, given the length of time elapsed and the results we've seen, it seems safe to conclude that dermarolling is not an effective treatment.

pablozaur

Reaction score
Finally some promising treatment, i have been reading the forum for a last couple of weeks to get better understanding of DR techniques.
Already after my 2nd roll - first one didn't draw much blood but my head was all red and "pulsating" in the following 2 days.
Second roll I decided to go harder and made lots of bloody holes all over my crown and temples :twisted:

I normally don't bother and just keep going with things that I feel that will bring me benefit without being harmful for my health (which is exactly what I feel about this treatment).. but saying that I took some pictures today and will be taking pictures every month from now on - I will shave my head to 6-7mm every month before taking these pictures too..

I have been checking this and different forums on and off for a last few years and never liked any of the recommended by many ppl treatments such as finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil or other chemicals with horrible side effects.
Never liked the idea of sacrificing so much for the sake of getting few hairs here and there, better be bold but happy and healthy.

I'm a strong believer in Dermarolling, I loved all of the (especially) Youcandoit and squeege posts in this thread and I have similar view for life - we become what we think about
This year I set my mind to have full head of hair again (been losing hair for about 10 years) by the end of 2014 and I believe this is the way (especially after seeing about 20 hairs already sprouting on my bald as fook temples, only after 2 mild rolls)

So again, thanks guys for all your hard effort, I will report back here in few months with pictures and updates from my end.

My gameplan is as follows:
- 1.5mm roller for first 6 rolls (than increase to at least 2.0mm or deeper)
- I bought minoxidil but I think I will only use it once 24-48h after rolling and maybe one more time in the middle of the week, this **** is too strong and don't want to get sides from frequent using.. I will probably toss it in the bin at some point
- At least 1g of Vitamin C to boost the collagen production
- bring back some of my Yoga exercises, especially that one for the obvious reasons (http://www.michael4reiki.com/reverse_posture.htm) - I used to do that every day it really gets your blood flowing all the way down from your legs to your head, you can increase the angle as you get more experienced
- I'm a bodybuider so I use other supplements such as fish oil, multi-vit, whey protein, creatine which I will continue to use

Again thanks for this wonderfull threads and lets make some HAIR GAINZ this year!!!:punk:

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
as for now ,the study is s*** in my opionion. pictures etc arent realistic and their were details quishy too.

My rolling are still diffuse and i dont think it will recover that much.Some of my hair(that were never curled) are now in curling mode and black and thick,but they kida look weird and damaged.

Stefanovic

Reaction score
dont let your opinion - experience influence others to stop. If it works for them, it could actually means a lot for them. Are you willing to be the one ruining their lives because they have a problem with their hair?

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
@opti as has been discussed time and time again the majority of oeople in this thread have dismissed that study weeks if not months ago... Everyone is going off the concept of which hair grows through wounding, it may take longer than the study you were hoping to copy, and the results will definitely vary with everyone!

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
as for now ,the study is s*** in my opionion. pictures etc arent realistic and their were details quishy too.

My rolling are still diffuse and i dont think it will recover that much.Some of my hair(that were never curled) are now in curling mode and black and thick,but they kida look weird and damaged.

I have noticed this too with some of my new terminals. I am assuming the top part that curls is where the hair is thinner from when it began to grow in and wasn't a strong terminal yet. Cut that part off if it bothers you. How long have you been rolling?

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
I was one of the first ones to have started a week after the study was published, which means I still have 8 months left before the end of the term. How so many people are thinking they have conclusive results disproving the study is beyond me.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Would you say you have had any results?
Thanks

Yes. Hairline is strengthening on the sides and widening with a few terminal hairs and in certain lights you can see a ton of vellus hairs all around the temples and behind the hairline.

I imagine that only being 30% into the overall time-frame of the study means that full results should not be expected yet, but I am no rocket scientist.

Haircules

Reaction score
also the results my take longer to appear even if you stop wounding.

how can you keep posting, that results "take longer", on the same page keep posting photos of you with new hair only a few weeks after you started treatment and STILL denie that this results are due to minoxidil (because you were almost a minoxidil-virgin)

or differently said - why has everyone to wait for results, and you get them in a heartbeat? doesn't make sense -> your results come from minoxidil

SCALPMASTER

Reaction score
how can you keep posting, that results "take longer", on the same page keep posting photos of you with new hair only a few weeks after you started treatment and STILL denie that this results are due to minoxidil (because you were almost a minoxidil-virgin)

or differently said - why has everyone to wait for results, and you get them in a heartbeat? doesn't make sense -> your results come from minoxidil

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I personally was on minoxidil for over a year and saw nothing until I added the dermaroller. I have done 9 rolls and my crown has had significant improvement.

Pbot64

Reaction score
From what I read the study's evaluation was at twelve weeks. Where does it state that the pictures/results were obtained at the one year mark?

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I read the study's evaluation was at twelve weeks. Where does it state that the pictures/results were obtained at the one year mark?

Rolling was stopped at 12 weeks. Results were evaluated after 1 year.

SCALPMASTER

Reaction score
Just a quick question guys, who is going to stop rolling after 12 weeks like in the study, because I am still undecided wether to stop or carry on longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.