New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
very good for 30 days////
These are my results after only 4 sessions. The hair in my crown really feels thicker than it was, and it does look a bit more filled in. Altough in all honesty I am letting my hair grow longer. I'll update after my 12th session.

- - - Updated - - -

Did anybody here check out this news story?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/wendy-hamriding-woman-blinded-after-2994251

As you can see in the pictures of this woman, she has a spot of dense hair in the middle of her forehead. Could this be the result of wounding caused by the operations to restore her eye-sight or by the dog chewing on her face?

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
These are my results after only 4 sessions. The hair in my crown really feels thicker than it was, and it does look a bit more filled in. Altough in all honesty I am letting my hair grow longer. I'll update after my 12th session.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/wendy-hamriding-woman-blinded-after-2994251

As you can see in the pictures of this woman, she has a spot of dense hair in the middle of her forehead. Could this be the result of wounding caused by the operations to restore her eye-sight or by the dog chewing on her face?

It does seem a little more filled in, I don't think you can attribute that growth to DR in 4 weeks though, you got some growth and hopefully rolling will multiply it

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score

Morinohtar

Reaction score
The wounding effect really has the property of promoting hair growth. For example, a friend of mine broke her hand a couple of months ago and now, after the healing process is complete, she has a "werewolf" hand lol

Keep rolling ppl, its like squee says "its a long process" (hair life cycle, at least). Some might get results earlier others might get later on, it all depends on the type of male pattern baldness, how fuc*** your head is, and how well your system responds to the procedure. Be patient!!!

And damn, i still need to get the numb cream! Omfg the pain... it seems to get worse with every roll... which makes a bit of sense, since the wounding effect is promoting more capilars to the head and thus making it more alive, so to speak.

Kalio

Reaction score
As for the poor woman in the link, I'd say there's a strong possibility that the operations stimulated what was left of her eyebrows to grow unnaturally dense and long. On a related note, I've been appraising the likelihood of my dachshund-yorkie mix eating my face if I fell off the roof or something. I see a twinkle in his eye I haven't noticed before...

Lets hope that if that happens, he'll choose to gnaw at your temples or another balding area of your scalp ;)

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
3mm in release slowly and massage it ;) ;) i will make a thread later at night. platelet plasma is gold for tendon chronic inflamation so maybe if we get rid of micro chronic inflamation with wounding friction tecjnique like hard application of roller we might be able to make norwood tendon immortal to inflamation and that means keep our wound regrown hair ;) and all that s hit at or home
HAHA 2young I saw a video of PRP treatments that someone posted and was thinking it could be done at home, never looked to see If I could buy a centrifuge, just checked ebay and there are some on there also. Be worth looking into in its own thread.

SCALPMASTER

Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

I can definitely see an improvement, for the amount of time you have been rolling this is impressive.

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
Lets hope that if that happens, he'll choose to gnaw at your temples or another balding area of your scalp ;)

Haha, no kidding!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Well you're hair is looking better grown out judging from the pics, but I think 4 weeks is too early to be looking for cosmetic results.

As for the poor woman in the link, I'd say there's a strong possibility that the operations stimulated what was left of her eyebrows to grow unnaturally dense and long. On a related note, I've been appraising the likelihood of my dachshund-yorkie mix eating my face if I fell off the roof or something. I see a twinkle in his eye I haven't noticed before...

- - - Updated - - -

I personally wait until all signs of inflammation are gone, any redness, or soreness. Per the owndoc.com recommendation for dermarolling, I feel the same applies to us here. For me this is usually two, sometimes up to 4 days post roll.

- - - Updated - - -

Do it yourself PRP?

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes
Haha, no kidding!

- - - Updated - - -

Well you're hair is looking better grown out judging from the pics, but I think 4 weeks is too early to be looking for cosmetic results.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally wait until all signs of inflammation are gone, any redness, or soreness. Per the owndoc.com recommendation for dermarolling, I feel the same applies to us here. For me this is usually two, sometimes up to 4 days post roll.

- - - Updated - - -

Do it yourself PRP?

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a difference adding numbing cream makes. Although it still kind of hurts, the pain is now manageable. I was actually considering stopping my dermarolling journey before adding numbing cream, due to the pain. I have been noticing very good results as of recently which is weird, since I started rolling in august. Maybe its due to the blood, which I noticed recently, as well as my switch to a 1.5mm roller in september. I am also using Nizoral, drinking green tea daily, and taking fish oil. Just felt like sharing.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a difference adding numbing cream makes. Although it still kind of hurts, the pain is now manageable. I was actually considering stopping my dermarolling journey before adding numbing cream, due to the pain. I have been noticing very good results as of recently which is weird, since I started rolling in august. Maybe its due to the blood, which I noticed recently, as well as my switch to a 1.5mm roller in september. I am also using Nizoral, drinking green tea daily, and taking fish oil. Just felt like sharing.

woosy, haha. I started out not using cream for my 1st 7 rolls drinking a few adult beverages almost crying like a little b!tch. Finally came to my senses and got some sunburn cream,. While not taking all the pain away it makes it a lot more tolerable for sure

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Hello everyone I want to ask a few questions.

Would you say that your skin where your bald spot is, is getting much thinner? That is to say, your skin is more flushed to the actual skull and the fat has dissapeared?

I think derma rolling might be destroying that fat, anyone here can confirm this?

- - - Updated - - -

The forum is now squeaky clean, nice

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
Think it's my 9th roll on Sundays but be 7th which has drawn blood. So far scalp is around the same except 1 cm vellus hairs here and there, 1000s of 1mm clear and pigmented vellus hair at the hairline, fine vellus hair at the temples which seem darker then was, sideburns growing lower then have been in years, nape 100s of vellous hairs which was short and clear are. Now growing to 2 cm and got darker, few stumpy terminal hairs showing behind the ears. I've been lapse with stuff lately only taking biotin, vitamin c and zinc, roll 1.5mm all over till blood, never bleed on neck or back of head, hot shower 2hours later to make sure the blood not noticeable in the morning, 0.5mm every night like a comb all over.

So are you reporting this success only due to dermarolling? No minoxidil usage etc. to cloud the results? Did you have those 1mm clear vellus hairs before you started the dermarolling? My NW7 grandfather has those on his slick crown for example. New 1 cm vellus hairs "here and there" purely from dermarolling is still very encouraging...

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you use Nizoral every day, also on rolling days?

No, every two or three days and not immediately after rolling sessions. I also leave it on for like 10 minutes before washing.

- - - Updated - - -

How's your progress?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you elaborate a bit more on these results?

- - - Updated - - -

Overall thickening, hair just looks better and my scalp is much less visible now.

- - - Updated - - -

How do u use the numb cream?

I just apply a layer over the top of my scalp and leave it in for 10 minutes before rolling. I heard applying a 2nd layer works but that would involve too much numbing cream since it gets in my hair.

- - - Updated - - -

woosy, haha. I started out not using cream for my 1st 7 rolls drinking a few adult beverages almost crying like a little b!tch. Finally came to my senses and got some sunburn cream,. While not taking all the pain away it makes it a lot more tolerable for sure

Lol, I'm glad I didn't have to resort to getting hammered alone just to get through a rolling session...... although I definitely considered it.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
ANESTHETICS
If needling is too painful for you, you can numb your skin. You have these options:
● Numb the area with ice-packs prior to needling. It greatly reduces pain. Keep ice packs clean by
washing them with hot water and soap.
● Use a topical anesthetic. Apply quite some cream, cover with
plastic foil and leave it for 45 to 120 minutes. Wipe it off just before rolling. It will numb your skin
for about 30 minutes. Use according to instructions

Do not use topical anesthetics on large skin areas and never use a dermaroller on
skin that still has numbing cream on it. Wipe the numbing cream off before dermarolling.

Chipman222

Reaction score
Is anyone planning on stopping dermarolling after their 12 weeks is up? Thats what people did in the study, correct?

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
● Use a topical anesthetic. Apply quite some cream, cover with plastic foil and leave it for 45 to 120 minutes. Wipe it off just before rolling
Wash your head before rolling, if any anesthetic cream enters systemic circulation through needling = paralysis and heart arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.