New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well my main focus isn't the hairline. As a diffuse thinner-er, the main treatment area is the vertex and the entire top. I was thinking a 540 would be able to deliver the minoxidil to a more concentrated area, by making more wounds for absorption.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Well my main focus isn't the hairline. As a diffuse thinner-er, the main treatment area is the vertex and the entire top. I was thinking a 540 would be able to deliver the minoxidil to a more concentrated area, by making more wounds for absorption.

It is tougher for the derma roller to puncture the skin with a 540. It also leaves stupid tractor tires marks LOL. The 192 is such a better tool. just saying.

Liquidbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
No worries, I was inclined to go for the 192 because of how well I like the 1.5mm 192 so far. Just want to do everything I can to have my beautiful locks back :punk:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Great results 2y2r, congrats man and keep em coming!

Happy new year everybody, here's to a very hairy 2014!!:fun:

God I'm hungover.

Same Here! Happy New Year!

:x

- - - Updated - - -

if you are thinning congrats, you started thinning late enough, this thing will cure you. you can sleep careless. but you have to wound like a mofo. and take some serious infection protocol measures like we did.

;)

- - - Updated - - -

some history pics and some noted new hair short and thick in crown.

View attachment 23213View attachment 23214View attachment 23215View attachment 23216View attachment 23217

"If you don't bleed, you won't get the results and that is the part that most people aren't willing to do!" pointed out Dr Desmond Fernandes, who has written numerous papers for medical publications on various plastic surgery procedures, methods of improved penetration and skin needling for collagen stimulation. Naturally, when the blood vessel is pricked, it causes bleeding and this releases the platelet cells inside the blood that carry a mechanism to clot up blood vessels. At the same time, it carries out a lot of growth factors.

Dr. Des Fernandez co-inventor of micro-needling.

http://files.kotisivukone.com/karl-ludwig.kotisivukone.com/tiedostot/clinicsdermatology2008_pci.pdf

http://owndoc.com/pdf/DermarollingScience.pdf

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on the randomness I've been reading here by someone stating that he's dropping the minoxidil since it "doesn't seem to contribute much on the regrowth.... just dermarolling/wounding for now".
Anyone backing this claim up ? (I'm too lazy to check who posted this , couple of posts back, newyear hangover I guess)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on the randomness I've been reading here by someone stating that he's dropping the minoxidil since it "doesn't seem to contribute much on the regrowth.... just dermarolling/wounding for now".
Anyone backing this claim up ? (I'm too lazy to check who posted this , couple of posts back, newyear hangover I guess)

Get your priorities right. Laziness is not well taken over here. Enthusiastic pro-active people deserves answers, not lazy **** and yes, hang-over is part of my regimen today as well.

- - - Updated - - -

4 Stages of Healing

The phases of wound healing are:

• Hemostasis
  • Inflammation
  • Proliferation or Granulation
  • Remodeling or Maturation

Hemostasis:
Once the source of damage to a house has been removed and before work can start, utility workers must come in and cap damaged gas or water lines. So too in wound healing damaged blood vessels must be sealed. In wound healing the platelet is the cell which acts as the utility worker sealing off the damaged blood vessels. The blood vessels themselves constrict in response to injury but this spasm ultimately relaxes. The platelets secrete vasoconstrictive substances to aid in this process but their prime role is to form a stable clot sealing the damaged vessel. Under the influence of ADP (adenosine diphosphate) leaking from damaged tissues the platelets aggregate and adhere to the exposed collagen. They also secrete factors which interact with and stimulate the intrinsic clotting cascade through the production of thrombin, which in turn initiates the formation of fibrin from fibrinogen. The fibrin mesh strengthens the platelet aggregate into a stable hemostatic plug. Finally platelets also secrete cytokines such as platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), which is recognized as one of the first factors secreted in initiating subsequent steps. Hemostasis occurs within minutes of the initial injury unless there are underlying clotting disorders.

Inflammation Phase:

Clinically inflammation, the second stage of wound healing presents as erythema, swelling and warmth often associated with pain, the classic “rubor et tumor c*m calore et dolore”. This stage usually lasts up to 4 days post injury. In the wound healing analogy the first job to be done once the utilities are capped is to clean up the debris. This is a job for non-skilled laborers. These non-skilled laborers in a wound are the neutrophils or PMN’s (polymorphonucleocytes). The inflammatory response causes the blood vessels to become leaky releasing plasma and PMN’s into the surrounding tissue. The neutrophils phagocytize debris and microorganisms and provide the first line of defense against infection. They are aided by local mast cells. As fibrin is broken down as part of this clean-up the degradation products attract the next cell involved. The task of rebuilding a house is complex and requires someone to direct this activity or a contractor. The cell which acts as “contractor” in wound healing is the macrophage. Macrophages are able to phagocytize bacteria and provide a second line of defense. They also secrete a variety of chemotactic and growth factors such as fibroblast growth factor (FGF), epidermal growth factor (EGF), transforming growth factor beta (TGF-__ and interleukin-1 (IL-1) which appears to direct the next stage.

Proliferative Phase ( Proliferation, Granulation and Contraction):
The granulation stage starts approximately four days after wounding and usually lasts until day 21 in acute wounds depending on the size of the wound. It is characterized clinically by the presence of pebbled red tissue in the wound base and involves replacement of dermal tissues and sometimes subdermal tissues in deeper wounds as well as contraction of the wound. In the wound healing analogy once the site has been cleared of debris, under the direction of the contractor, the framers move in to build the framework of the new house. Sub-contractors can now install new plumbing and wiring on the framework and siders and roofers can finish the exterior of the house. The “framer” cells are the fibroblasts which secrete the collagen framework on which further dermal regeneration occurs. Specialized fibroblasts are responsible for wound contraction. The “plumber” cells are the pericytes which regenerate the outer layers of capillaries and the endothelial cells which produce the lining. This process is called angiogenesis. The “roofer” and “sider” cells are the keratinocytes which are responsible for epithelialization. In the final stage of epithelializtion, contracture occurs as the keratinocytes differentiate to form the protective outer layer or stratum corneum.

Remodeling or Maturation Phase:

Once the basic structure of the house is completed interior finishing may begin. So too in wound repair the healing process involves remodeling the dermal tissues to produce greater tensile strength. The principle cell involved in this process is the fibroblast. Remodeling can take up to 2 years after wounding and explains why apparently healed wounds can break down so dramatically and quickly if attention is not paid to the initial causative factors.

- - - Updated - - -

Factors Affecting Wound Healing

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2903966/

- - - Updated - - -

Minoxidil is fascinating and complicated to understand..

In that study it boost VEGF and wound healing.

Effects of Minoxidil Gel on Burn Wound Healing in Rat

Abstract
Background: Minoxidil has been reported to inhibit in vitro fibroblast proliferation and lysyl hydroxylase
activity, a key enzyme in collagen biosynthesis. These in-vitro effects proposed minoxidil to be a
potential antifibrotic agent. The present study aimed to investigate the effects of minoxidil gel on wound
healing procedure in a second-degree burn model in rats.
Materials and methods: Wistar rats were anesthetized and a second-degree burn was induced on the back
of Wistar rats using a heated 2 cm diameter metal plate. Experimental groups received 2% or 5% topical
minoxidil gel, dexpanthenol or sliver sulfadiazine. Histological parameters including collagen content,
angiogenesis, number of preserved follicles and necrosis along with tensile strength of burn wound area
were assessed on days 3, 7, 14 and 21 post-injury.
Results: Microscopic evaluation of specimens collected from sample animals were consistent and showed
a second-degree burn. Main histological findings regarding minoxidil topical usage showed that collagen
content and tensile strength of burned area did not differ between groups. However, minoxidil increased
the number and diameter of blood vessels significantly compared with other groups.

Discussion: Although minoxidil improved the process of wound-healing, our results did not support the
proposed idea of its usage as an antifibrotic agent. However, to reject its possible effects as an antifibrotic
agent, more objective animal models should be developed and studied.

Our results demonstrated that minoxidil actively induced angiogenesis in burned area of the skin from
first days of topical application. Minoxidil is either considered as a factor that acts directly on VEGF
synthesis, or indirectly, by stimulating the synthesis of other cytokines or growth factors which
themselves act directly on VEGF synthesis. It is reported that abundant VEGF production may ultimately
lead to the formation of new blood vessels to maintain adequate microvascularization (7).

Page 5 is really interesting...

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...U8Rf4u9MbwEVHS6lcCYl0ZA&bvm=bv.58187178,d.cGU

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Does the acute inflammation in the brain caused by a hangover result in new blood vessel connections and increased functional brain capacity?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Does the acute inflammation in the brain caused by a hangover result in new blood vessel connections and increased functional brain capacity?

lol:punk:

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
massive balls masive dick ripped body and physique very very very hig intelligense profesorre brain big wheels on luxury car prk eyes smx screen nevre programming for stock outcommings wise investments getting a master in psychology and ofcourse i forget i use some xylocream thick paste for 50 mins before wounding.

take care

Looks like xylocream is only available in greece. But lidocream, which I think has the same active ingredient is available at amazon. Anyone know if this would effect the treatment at all? Lidocream 4 is 40 bucks for 2 ounces, so not cheap -- is this a good buy for numbing?

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Ouch! Was doing the first roll of the year earlier, and a needle came loose from the roller and stuck in my scalp(!). Easily pulled it out and didn't leave a mark, thankfully. Guess after the tenth roll, the roller's kaput. At least they aren't expensive to replace. ;)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Ouch! Was doing the first roll of the year earlier, and a needle came loose from the roller and stuck in my scalp(!). Easily pulled it out and didn't leave a mark, thankfully. Guess after the tenth roll, the roller's kaput. At least they aren't expensive to replace. ;)

This is why I always buy a few at the same time. If I drop, or break one of them.. I can still keep on rolling!:2gunsfiring_v1:male pattern baldness

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
<font size="4">[video=youtube;aanv-bVDjy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aanv-bVDjy0[/video]

Happy new year all. now lets master the cure.

to all./.

please do decline push ups many many and flyes. you know why- low hairline reflects nice on big chest.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score

Were you using one of the higher quality brands like dr roller/owndoc or another brand?

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
<font size="4">[video=youtube;aanv-bVDjy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aanv-bVDjy0[/video]
please do decline push ups many many and flyes. you know why- low hairline reflects nice on big chest.

That's not an optimal workout. Flyers is awesome though, but add benchpress and dumbbell incline press too.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes but my friend i do like 300 decline push ups plus flyes plys real barbrother style workout.... when i fill these in a way of comfort i will visit the bench :) but my chest is like awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

yes but my friend i do like 300 decline push ups plus flyes plys real barbrother style workout.... when i fill these in a way of comfort i will visit the bench :) but my chest is like awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

dsd

Reaction score
Kirby,
I had loosening of needles when I rinsed the roller with hot tap water. Therefore I positioned the roller so that it rotated under the water stream. I stopped when first needle started leaving the cylinder and pushed it back to former state. Brand name: Owndoc

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
guys throw away roller if it gets hit or dropped and after some uses. broken loose needle in the skin is dangerous.

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
meme.jpg

just kidding :D or maybe.....

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
indeed ex is a good motivation for succeeding in life.

at this point a serious thing has arised.

please dear members take a note do your math before jumping onto heavy wounding like me to get a fast cure.

in the past weeks a respectable member reported hearing problems. ringing etc i believe it is his ear hairs that get much more blood flow from heavy wounding consistancy on galea. you know behind our ears they cross huge arteries that give the main blood supply on norwood area. so by stimulating angiogenesys remodelling and increased blood flow to scalp this occured to him. at the point he reported it everybody said it is irelevant but sth inside me was not getting it.his pics from wound days was identitical to mine-resident evil zombie style. so i believe he got ok afterwards cause blood supply cant get like that forever it reduces by time logically at least the main arteries at healing stage vasolidation during inflamation get big then normal.

anyway lets talk about me.
some years back i did prk eye surgery and my vision is eagle like but before doing it i did my math for eyes.i read so much and investigated i could do it on my own and Doctor got offended by my level of detail in rechecking the pupils calibrating the lazer etc. when i am tired or somehow my head doesnt get that much blood my pressure falls and my vision reduces , i see artifacts but nothing to notice i just notice even the 0.1% even though i am not a geek guy. so what was i saying. ah yes after doing heavy wound on head my vision is improved on tired days low light conditions pupil telemetry seems boosted lol.
hearing seems increased i can hear my internal body it is weird so weird that i feel like i have sth different. the most anoying part is that my lymph node behind right ear never reduced 100% and it presses the structure and i feel my right ear somehow pressed but when i press it inside it reliefs. all these seem to go away at 10th day post heavy wound.

so i was just wondering what else benefits we migh get or sides? for me it works i know i see it i feel it i dont shed i look like bush as opposed looking like an airport.

and no more blood debri from nose. my eyes can focus on low low light lol

[video=youtube;ryxd76dYMlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryxd76dYMlA[/video]

ex seems jealous, that gives me more power of life. -> more work->more reading->more money->more muscle->more hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.