New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

norman

Reaction score
Hello, i have a question for all the rollers here.

Do you guys put any Alcohol oder something else to desinfect the wounds after rolling?
Or do you just let the blood do its job?

I'm curious since i dont want to mess anything up and start the right way, since trying dermarolling is my new years resolution :D

thanks in advance :)

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, i have a question for all the rollers here.

Do you guys put any Alcohol oder something else to desinfect the wounds after rolling?
Or do you just let the blood do its job?

I'm curious since i dont want to mess anything up and start the right way, since trying dermarolling is my new years resolution :D

thanks in advance :)

Betadine to desinfect, wash it out before rolling tho

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Everyone should just ignore fredthegirl, he is nw5 as bad as it gets and is taking it out on the world lets get back to discussion we know it works because most of us tried everything and even some being slick bald never regrew vellus hairs that fills in entire hairline like I did, just waiting for thickness, they are black hairs not white so I don't see why they won't thicken. I think the base has to be strong before the thickness spreads.

back to the discussion.....

I'm thinking waiting longer than week, still not fully healed

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
couple of hours post wound. main arteries and veins on galea keep pumping and pulsing. they flow big amounts of blood i guess. so thats a nice sign for everyone to be sure that the amount of wound was sufficient

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Japanese scientist successfully teleported a light particle from point A to point B yesterday.
last year russian scientist hypnotized someone into believing they were weightless and measured their weight and he weighed zero. You may not believe the unseen forces give birth to seen forces and are one in the same even though your birth proves it. I can see your probably an atheist who crys instead of tries. Positive attitude is a force just like anything physical and it effects your cells.

norman

Reaction score
well washing and disinfecting before the roll is pretty clear.
but what about after the roll? should you just let the blood do its job, or for example pour some betadine afterward on the wounds, so nothing gets infected?
I'm asking because it's been said that using minoxidil after the roll can disturb the effects of healing.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
couple of hours post wound. main arteries and veins on galea keep pumping and pulsing. they flow big amounts of blood i guess. so thats a nice sign for everyone to be sure that the amount of wound was sufficient

Are you happy with doing weekly still, I'm thinking about waiting maybe 9 days 3 times a month, I still have spot or two that bleeds on day 6.

Unfixable

Reaction score
Betadine to desinfect, wash it out before rolling tho
Sorry to interrupt.
Actually he asked after rolling and I'm having the same question. Once you finished rolling, are you washing of blood with water? Are you doing anything after rolling?
I understand the full process of dermarolling but I still dont know exactly the correct approach to disinfecting scalp and the roller. Some people write a bit of information about it but there isn's a really thorough explanation which covers stuff like letting the roller soak in alcohol, which percentage, duration and so on.

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
well washing and disinfecting before the roll is pretty clear.
but what about after the roll? should you just let the blood do its job, or for example pour some betadine afterward on the wounds, so nothing gets infected?
I'm asking because it's been said that using minoxidil after the roll can disturb the effects of healing.

I dont put anything on my scalp right after rolling, I just wash off the blood

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
are you sure you have a spot that still bleeds? thats way too slow healing. the healing on each one differs. anyway some times i postponed due to heavy short term side effects from wounding and some times i postponed cause of family reasons.two many in the house for holidays i lost the equipment . but the worst i postponed was 3 days and the other times 2 days. i dont believe that two days postpone offset the treatment.

but as i said earlier we need a frequensy/force/better result chart. so we can make a protocol.
Are you happy with doing weekly still, I'm thinking about waiting maybe 9 days 3 times a month, I still have spot or two that bleeds on day 6.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
are you sure you have a spot that still bleeds? thats way too slow healing. the healing on each one differs. anyway some times i postponed due to heavy short term side effects from wounding and some times i postponed cause of family reasons.two many in the house for holidays i lost the equipment . but the worst i postponed was 3 days and the other times 2 days. i dont believe that two days postpone offset the treatment.

but as i said earlier we need a frequensy/force/better result chart. so we can make a protocol.

Yeah just one spot noticed it when combing it was a small scab

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I usually wash my hair when the blood has dried up. Then I use a soft shampoo. No Nizoral. My last derma rolling session was Sunday Night. 3.0 mm all in. Had a hot shower so the skin get more permeable, Applied a thick coat of Numfast, dropped my derma-roller 20 minutes in the Iso Alcohol . Worked like a charm. Barely felt anything. Did a good coverage.. My whole pumpkin pretty much and up to the middle of my forehead. It took me 7 days of recovery last time.. I will highly recommend at least 10 to 15 days of recovery for hard derma rolling application.. I used the 3.0 mm with good deep coverage. I bleed pretty much like 2Young. It seems excessive for some newbies but the blood is the magic in rolling. Anyways, a quick wipe and you barely notice anything. You want to stimulates angiogenesis and enlarges your blood vessels network to provide stem cells to the dormant follicles.

[video=youtube;LwAiyDUgALk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwAiyDUgALk[/video]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angiogenesis

Active hair growth (anagen) is associated with angiogenesis.

Mecklenburg L, Tobin DJ, Müller-Röver S, Handjiski B, Wendt G, Peters EM, Pohl S, Moll I, Paus R.
Author information

Abstract

After the completion of skin development, angiogenesis, i.e., the growth of new capillaries from pre-existing blood vessels, is held to occur in the skin only under pathologic conditions. It has long been noted, however, that hair follicle cycling is associated with prominent changes in skin perfusion, that the epithelial hair bulbs of anagen follicles display angiogenic properties, and that the follicular dermal papilla can produce angiogenic factors. Despite these suggestive observations, no formal proof is as yet available for the concept that angiogenesis is a physiologic event that occurs all over the mature mammalian integument whenever hair follicles switch from resting (telogen) to active growth (anagen). This study uses quantitative histomorphometry and double-immunohistologic detection techniques for the demarcation of proliferating endothelial cells, to show that synchronized hair follicle cycling in adolescent C57BL/6 mice is associated with substantial angiogenesis, and that inhibiting angiogenesis in vivo by the intraperitoneal application of a fumagillin derivative retards experimentally induced anagen development in these mice. Thus, angiogenesis is a physiologic event in normal postnatal murine skin, apparently is dictated by the hair follicle, and appears to be required for normal anagen development. Anagen-associated angiogenesis offers an attractive model for identifying the physiologic controls of cutaneous angiogenesis, and an interesting system for screening the effects of potential antiangiogenic drugs in vivo.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10771470

J Clin Invest. 2011 Feb;121(2):613-22. doi: 10.1172/JCI44478. Epub 2011 Jan 4.
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells.

Garza LA, Yang CC, Zhao T, Blatt HB, Lee M, He H, Stanton DC, Carrasco L, Spiegel JH, Tobias JW, Cotsarelis G.
Author information

Abstract

Androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia), also known as common baldness, is characterized by a marked decrease in hair follicle size, which could be related to the loss of hair follicle stem or progenitor cells. To test this hypothesis, we analyzed bald and non-bald scalp from Androgenetic Alopecia individuals for the presence of hair follicle stem and progenitor cells. Cells expressing cytokeratin15 (KRT15), CD200, CD34, and integrin, α6 (ITGA6) were quantitated via flow cytometry. High levels of KRT15 expression correlated with stem cell properties of small cell size and quiescence. These KRT15(hi) stem cells were maintained in bald scalp samples. However, CD200(hi)ITGA6(hi) and CD34(hi) cell populations--which both possessed a progenitor phenotype, in that they localized closely to the stem cell-rich bulge area but were larger and more proliferative than the KRT15(hi) stem cells--were markedly diminished. In functional assays, analogous CD200(hi)Itga6(hi) cells from murine hair follicles were multipotent and generated new hair follicles in skin reconstitution assays. These findings support the notion that a defect in conversion of hair follicle stem cells to progenitor cells plays a role in the pathogenesis of Androgenetic Alopecia.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21206086

- - - Updated - - -

Photo of bald temples. Over 21 weeks. I have small dots started showing up everywhere, there is a change in the epidermis structure going on which is really motivating, random hair showing up. Same for my hairline as well. Getting filled and really thick. Reversal of baldness is really slow guys.

My skin of my bald temples used to be "slick bald" and dead looking. Now I have dots showing everywhere with random hair..wtf! Ridiculous.. friggin temples! It is really tough to capture all of them with the dino lite..you need the right angle and the resolution is ****. Dots are not from the derma roller,the pics was taken 10 days after rolling.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee many many thanks from me. i like the positive vibe and investigation you do.

[video=youtube;lAhHNCfA7NI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAhHNCfA7NI[/video]

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys , I know we all using Dermarolling, But because you active here more I just curious to ask does anyone has experience here about Topical finasteride? I just think to use it toward my Rolling , I found a website which DR.KLEIN sell some products which has minoxidil , finasteride 0.1 , Tretinoin and also progesterone. It calls Promox .has any one any experience with this ?

Or if you have experience to make topical finasteride by you're self and see the difference than using minoxidil alone please tell me.If it works I think it would be a good combination with Rolling , I also used Lipogaine for about 3 months and result is good so far even on my hairline , but soon to judge , I think I need the strong DHT blocker too.( I also made my before and after picture )

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Guys , I know we all using Dermarolling, But because you active here more I just curious to ask does anyone has experience here about Topical finasteride? I just think to use it toward my Rolling , I found a website which DR.KLEIN sell some products which has minoxidil , finasteride 0.1 , Tretinoin and also progesterone. It calls Promox .has any one any experience with this ?

Or if you have experience to make topical finasteride by you're self and see the difference than using minoxidil alone please tell me.If it works I think it would be a good combination with Rolling , I also used Lipogaine for about 3 months and result is good so far even on my hairline , but soon to judge , I think I need the strong DHT blocker too.( I also made my before and after picture )

Topical finasteride doesn't work, It gets into your bloodstream and get quickly synthesized. It doesn't work locally where you apply the cream.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
squeegee many many thanks from me. i like the positive vibe and investigation you do.

[video=youtube;lAhHNCfA7NI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAhHNCfA7NI[/video]

Bros, remember the pic of your hairline with small black dots???.. I have the same thing going on on the side of my hairline.. It is new grow. I will take some pics of it next week-end. It is everywhere..Really friggin motivating.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i had some dots but very big like black hair shaved. lol/ but only a few. now i enjoy my post wound embryonic enviroment norwood. it is so cool to feel safe from ongoing balding and feel a fighter that will reverse it.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
This is my goal!! But we had acquired more knowledge than him.. We have some advantage!

joseph49853

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...eedling/page15

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...eedling/page24

- - - Updated - - -

i had some dots but very big like black hair shaved. lol/ but only a few. now i enjoy my post wound embryonic enviroment norwood. it is so cool to feel safe from ongoing balding and feel a fighter that will reverse it.

Totally man!! **** this hairloss bull****!! :firing: Alexandra Stan is hot as hell! god!:jackit:

Status
Not open for further replies.