New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Traumatizing the skin with the derma-roller causes a rush of blood rich in platelets and progenitors stem cells. This is why the derma-roller is brillant and works. Minoxidil works by itself but is very limited. Once the subcutaneous fat is gone and fibrosis is settled and your chances of regrowing is minimum or none. With heavy derma rolling with long needles, you are maximizing your gain and success. The problem is deeper in the dermis.

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-subcutaneous-fat.htm#
Subcutaneous fat is the fatty or adipose tissue lying directly under the skin layers. Subcutaneous translates to "under the skin." It contains not only fatty tissues but also blood vessels, which supply the skin with oxygen, and nerves.

View attachment 21523

This is why the BBQ guy had success.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...-closer-to-cure!-amp-then-some?highlight=yale
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...cia-retains-hair-fo?highlight=progenitor+cell

- - - Updated - - -

Epic! Even after 6 weeks, the wound was still showing. That was deep! This is why Follica works!

When in doubt, always refer back to the BBQ guy, FTW

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I just scratched my scalp quite a bit and was shaking off a lot of skin.
x7OfDND.jpg

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I just scratched my scalp quite a bit and was shaking off a lot of skin.
x7OfDND.jpg

Smoke it!

- - - Updated - - -

I just took 2 pictures of my scalp. Wanna show how it looks on the third day. Very flaky, almost like corn flakes lol.. It feels and looks like a sunburn. The dots marks are also smaller with the 2.5mm. I hate flaking dead skin! But I did go crazy with the roller on Friday. Kill it! The redness on the pics was created by the camera.. The end of it keep touching my scalp and creates redness.

hair4_zps6a549ebc.jpg

hair5_zps5decf9c8.jpg

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been a lurker of this thread for some time now (I've read it from start to finish). I ordered a 1.5 mm dermaroller a few weeks ago and finished my second session on Friday. I'm about a Norwood 3V, although my hairloss isn't described perfectly by that. My temple recession has been very minor (pretty much no change over the past 7 years), but I've had some pretty aggressive loss on my crown.

I've been pretty diligent about taking pictures since I started fighting my hairloss so I should be able to post some before/after photos once I've dermarolled enough times. I'm crossing my fingers - the study plus the results posted here has me cautiously optimistic.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Smoke it!

- - - Updated - - -

I just took 2 pictures of my scalp. Wanna show how it looks on the third day. Very flaky, almost like corn flakes lol.. It feels and looks like a sunburn. The dots marks are also smaller with the 2.5mm. I hate flaking dead skin! But I did go crazy with the roller on Friday. Kill it! The redness on the pics was created by the camera.. The end of it keep touching my scalp and creates redness.

View attachment 21524

View attachment 21525

Those are some mega flakes, and also yellow, like a fungus maybe. It might be do to the vaginal cream you like to apply. So is that the pink tone everyone is talking about? I don't think I have seen it in mine, since I am a diffuse, the hairs block it. squeegee, do you get out in the sun often?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all, I've been a lurker of this thread for some time now (I've read it from start to finish). I ordered a 1.5 mm dermaroller a few weeks ago and finished my second session on Friday. I'm about a Norwood 3V, although my hairloss isn't described perfectly by that. My temple recession has been very minor (pretty much no change over the past 7 years), but I've had some pretty aggressive loss on my crown.

I've been pretty diligent about taking pictures since I started fighting my hairloss so I should be able to post some before/after photos once I've dermarolled enough times. I'm crossing my fingers - the study plus the results posted here has me cautiously optimistic.

Welcome aboard, as long as you don't act like a nut, you will be fine here.

You should post the initial pics right now, so we get a feel of what you're going against. The crown might be easier to fill in than temples.

What is better, to be a regular Norwood with receding hairline or a diffuse thinner?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Desperate.. I go crazy with the Roller, then my skin turn reddish for the next 3 days, then flaking like a mofo. Shedding old skin like a lizard. No sun related. Look at the end of the video. She's red as ****. No fungus LOL. The camera makes it look worst. A new skin is growing underneath which cause the injured area to peel off! I traumatize the skin. Slow poking won't help resurfacing the dermis. Listen to him at 2:30 +

[video=youtube;yFNe2_9YJXs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFNe2_9YJXs[/video]

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
Desperate.. I go crazy with the Roller, then my skin turn reddish for the next 3 days, then flaking like a mofo. Shedding old skin like a lizard. No sun related. Look at the end of the video. She's red as ****. No fungus LOL. The camera makes it look worst. A new skin is growing underneath which cause the injured area to peel off! I traumatize the skin. Slow poking won't help resurfacing the dermis. Listen to him at 2:30 +

[video=youtube;yFNe2_9YJXs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFNe2_9YJXs[/video]

ever thought of scaling(no pun intended) down to a 1.5 mm squeegee?

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
On the scalp, especially vertex and "temples", what's the distance between the surface and the skull itself?

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, as long as you don't act like a nut, you will be fine here.

You should post the initial pics right now, so we get a feel of what you're going against. The crown might be easier to fill in than temples.

What is better, to be a regular Norwood with receding hairline or a diffuse thinner?

Thanks! I'll do my best not to be a nut. Attached is a photo taken about 1 week before I started. I could be a Norwood 4, I'm just not sure. Given the relative lack of temple recession I'm not sure what I am.
Screen Shot 2013-09-23 at 10.24.26 AM.jpg

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Scaling down! never! The problem is deep in the dermis.Scratching only the surface won't get your the best results. The follicle feed themselves form the subcutaneous fat deep in the dermis. When in doubt! look up the BBQ guy!

- - - Updated - - -

On the scalp, especially vertex and "temples", what's the distance between the surface and the skull itself?

Everybody is different. All I can tell is while getting older less subcutaneous fat you have, the more saggy and wrinkly you become. This is why people get injection done to their faces with botox and synthetic fat. male pattern baldness is just accelerated aging cause by an over-activity, expression of DHT locally.

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
Scaling down! never! The problem is deep in the dermis.Scratching only the surface won't get your the best results. The follicle feed themselves form the subcutaneous fat deep in the dermis. When in doubt! look up the BBQ guy!

How about scaling up then? :D to 3.0 mm for example, might be even better who knows

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
How about scaling up then? :D to 3.0 mm for example, might be even better who knows

I am waiting for some in the mail.

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
I am waiting for some in the mail.

How many needles will your 3.0mm have?

I have a 3.0mm with 192 needles here. I have not dared using it with real pressure yet.
I'm a bit scared it might puncture some large artery on the scalp and I'll end up having to go to the ER, and explain to them why I have been trying to commit suicide with a dermaroller. (I'd never admit to the true reason :unsure:)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

I have a 3.0mm with 192 needles here. I have not dared using it with real pressure yet.
I'm a bit scared it might puncture some large artery on the scalp and I'll end up having to go to the ER, and explain to them why I have been trying to commit suicide with a dermaroller. (I'd never admit to the true reason :unsure:)

Arteries on the scalp? LOL Mine has more needle I think.. 540? I like it with more needle. Hurt way less.

orenbmo

Reaction score
something that i have noticed and didnt see any1 else talking about is after i roll i shed about 50-100 hairs (thats a weekly amount for me i know i shed more but cant see the rest) and then for the next few days i just cant find any more hairs shedding , like nothing in the sink/pillow/when i shampo i also have a long hair (10 cm) so its very easy to see the shedding . i guess the derma rolling get those hairs that are near shedding out and leaves me with no more hair to shed for a few days any1 have the same expirience?

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
something that i have noticed and didnt see any1 else talking about is after i roll i shed about 50-100 hairs (thats a weekly amount for me i know i shed more but cant see the rest) and then for the next few days i just cant find any more hairs shedding , like nothing in the sink/pillow/when i shampo i also have a long hair (10 cm) so its very easy to see the shedding . i guess the derma rolling get those hairs that are near shedding out and leaves me with no more hair to shed for a few days any1 have the same expirience?

I mentioned that I am also shedding and it happens to be very thin hairs. Hopefully it's a good sign, most of the hairs she'd look like ones that were bound to jump ship.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that there is just the blood from the skin, no big arteries, well that I know of. Unless you go dangerously close to your neck or eyes.
I just got my peppermint oil today, will try and test it on my arm and see how much I need to dilute it. Remember, when in doubt, always refer back to the BBQ guy. He got the worst of it and nothing really happened to him in the end, except a happy ending.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, I just applied 2 drops of that oil and it burns, I think I might have gone too much. It does have to be diluted in some water.

Bombarie

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,

I did my 5th session last friday and i have to say im shedding like 50 hairs when i come out of the shower and comb my hair. I Also used minoxidil mixed with ascj9 f

- - - Updated - - -

For the last 2 years, and never experienced this before! Hair on top looks thinner! Hope its a good sign:)

Cheers

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,

I did my 5th session last friday and i have to say im shedding like 50 hairs when i come out of the shower and comb my hair. I Also used minoxidil mixed with ascj9 f

- - - Updated - - -

For the last 2 years, and never experienced this before! Hair on top looks thinner! Hope its a good sign:)

Cheers

Shedding is normal. Derma-roller= reset button for hair cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.