New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Princess I am still debating if we should wait longer for recovery time.. 7 days is not a long time if you are aggressive with the derma-roller. Thinking 2 weeks with heavy rolling. Thinking about adding Copper peptides to the cocktail to help rebuilding the subcutaneous fat.

After my derma rolling session I always apply copper peptides along with emu oil and even though it stings a little, my scalp feels awesome! Makes my scalp look a lot more pinkish though...

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
My scalp looks more or less the same before wounding after a few days.

The after pictures in the Indian study do show a change in the aspect of the scalp with tiny small brown stains. I think we shouldn't underestimate the amount of wounding. It's not butchery but it IS damage.

RisingFist

Reaction score
From what I know, it is the exact opposite. When we lose hair, the skin becomes thinner and loses the fat under the skin, this is why it hurts more on slick areas during rolling.
I don't think that article is accurate but I guess it couldn't hurt massaging for a couple a minutes a day.

Haha closet, well let us know if ice helps, lol 3mm
Are you sure? There is a difference between the scalp being tighter, especially if follicles are blocked by grease and other things, then the skin being thinner. I wish more people would discuss the study to see if it's worth incorporating. It sounds very interesting to me.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.php

Hey guys check out this study, I find it interesting. It talks about bald people having thicker scalps and grease trapped in which prevents nutrients to get to follicles. The method they used in the study to remedy the problem is massage with your fingers 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes at night. At 150 days, the dome like shape of the scalp compressed half way making the skin thinner and at another 150 days, the scalp became even thinner making it close to regular scalps and causing regrowth to 100% of patients. It also helped remove grease from the follicles (I wonder if dermarolling is doing the same thing). It's quite intriguing. Please take a look and discuss cause if it's viable, it's completely free and we can all incorporate it.
I will open a separate thread for this. This is huge, which I will explain in the opening post of the thread.

@odalbak: The pinkness of the dermarolled areas has nothing to do with skin transluminescence. The top layer of the new skin itself is pink-reddish. In my mother tongue we call this skin color "cancer red"; both for the color itself, and for the fact that it is often the color of new skin after a major sunburn. And guess what? People with huge sunburns have reported hair growth (even where they didnt want any, such as their backs).

- - - Updated - - -

From what I know, it is the exact opposite. When we lose hair, the skin becomes thinner and loses the fat under the skin, this is why it hurts more on slick areas during rolling.
Nope. It has been shown a number of times that the dermis (and even subcutis) becomes fibrotic and thicker. The fat layer is destroyed by penetration with fibrotic tissue.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I gota get my hands on FGF, just hope I don't get aids from experimenting with it.

I don't think its aids you have to worry about, it's more like skin cancer. Anyways, if you do take the plunge, you would do the community a big favor, if you have the money for it. Maybe you can buy it and then we all can do some research, so that you can apply it as safely as possible. You may be the guy who cures male pattern baldness!!!

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
That's true, I don't feel pain or burning after four days, but when I press hard on my scalp, I feel pain. So this tells me I am not waiting enough. Next session I will do 2.5mm for about 30mins and then wait two weeks recovery.

I have the same thing.

Redness gone after 2-3 days, but when I press on certain areas on the scalp, I feel definite soreness.
First I thought it might be the Lipogaine (I had previously only ever applied Lipogaine to temples and hairline). But now I'm thinking its just soreness after wounding.

I, too, plan to switch to rolling every second Friday. I have my 3.0mm ready... 8O
I also will get the Dr. Numb cream. I just can't take the pain. I'm a pussy.
At least the numbing cream should ensure that I go at it big time, get some serious wounding done. :firing:

shogun1337

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post as I just registered, but I've been surfing this website for over 9 months now.

All I want to say here is, why isn't there a single result pic from someone who started this microneedling in July? It's been over 8 weeks, could we get one person that's been doing it since then to come forward?

Irishjim

Reaction score
Did my second session last night. I put a cold pack on my head for a few minutes then went hard at it with my 1.5mm. It still hurt like a mofo but was less painfull than the last time without the cold so I could go harder, deeper and longer :)

Like others, I'm getting blood spots and lots of redness but nothing like some of you. No flaking skin last week... Let's see how this week goes.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post as I just registered, but I've been surfing this website for over 9 months now.

All I want to say here is, why isn't there a single result pic from someone who started this microneedling in July? It's been over 8 weeks, could we get one person that's been doing it since then to come forward?

Scroll back, People actually posted some results.

- - - Updated - - -

I really just count that as logic. Are people that hopped up on kool-aid around here?

[video=youtube;iB4H8SHm-3o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB4H8SHm-3o[/video]

shogun1337

Reaction score
Scroll back, People actually posted some results.

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;iB4H8SHm-3o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB4H8SHm-3o[/video]

I've scrolled back, unless it's nested deep in one page in like the 50's-80's page which I'm not surfing each individual post. Could you tell me what they happened to say?

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Here is my second month update, I know the pics are very ****ty but still. I don't know why the light is so bad. Also, note that my hair has obviously grown since then, so now it should be around 5-6mm. I might have to get a haircut soon and will take more relevant pictures. I also want to point out that in the last two weeks I have noticed some shedding, I don't know what it means because I had it pretty much under control with finasteride and minoxidil. Hopefully it's a good sign.

Here is the old ones, the ones with hair really short are the initial ones, the rest are a month in.
http://s910.photobucket.com/user/BTTDesperateone/slideshow/

Here are the new ones, it may be wishful thinking but I think I gained some hair on the crown, again hard to tell.

Crown 8 weeks:
http://imgur.com/a/CxPCH

Top 8 weeks:
http://imgur.com/a/rBro8

On a side note, I am have also been adding semen for the last week, yes I know, don't judge yet. Anyways, I was using it completely wrong, it wasn't absorbing, only until recently I have found how to apply it, you have to let it sit for about 20 mins until it becomes liquid form and then I just derma roll a bit with the .5mm and it absorbs much better. You obviously don't have to do this nor I am saying you should try it, so don't talk **** about it.

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is my second month update, I know the pics are very ****ty but still. I don't know why the light is so bad. Also, note that my hair has obviously grown since then, so now it should be around 5-6mm. I might have to get a haircut soon and will take more relevant pictures. I also want to point out that in the last two weeks I have noticed some shedding, I don't know what it means because I had it pretty much under control with finasteride and minoxidil. Hopefully it's a good sign.

Here is the old ones, the ones with hair really short are the initial ones, the rest are a month in.
http://s910.photobucket.com/user/BTTDesperateone/slideshow/

Here are the new ones, it may be wishful thinking but I think I gained some hair on the crown, again hard to tell.

Crown 8 weeks:
http://imgur.com/a/CxPCH

Top 8 weeks:
http://imgur.com/a/rBro8

On a side note, I am have also been adding semen for the last week, yes I know, don't judge yet. Anyways, I was using it completely wrong, it wasn't absorbing, only until recently I have found how to apply it, you have to let it sit for about 20 mins until it becomes liquid form and then I just derma roll a bit with the .5mm and it absorbs much better. You obviously don't have to do this nor I am saying you should try it, so don't talk **** about it.

looks like you're getting some good regrowth DesperateOne. I do however find it somewhat comical that you are doing the semen treatment with the screenname DesperateOne.

- - - Updated - - -

could you also post a better picture of your crown, it is kind of hard to see with your after pics

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
looks like you're getting some good regrowth DesperateOne. I do however find it somewhat comical that you are doing the semen treatment with the screenname DesperateOne.

- - - Updated - - -

could you also post a better picture of your crown, it is kind of hard to see with your after pics

I chose this name very accurately, as I will try almost anything at this point. Yes, I will take some more tonight, I had the sunlight going into the room and it clearly messed up my photos.
I will wait until night and take better ones. Analyzing them on my own now I can say that even though the pictures are very crappy, there is no way to dismiss regrowth. I had almost no hair when I started this as you can clearly see in the first pictures, and I have been on finasteride for about 2.5 years and on minoxidil since Jan this year, so it was all due to the derma rolling.

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
Opinions on using nizoral the morning after wounding? should this be after 24 hours a la minoxidil?

super

Reaction score
I already showed some pics too. It must be hard to do the treatment on your own. But i was supposed to be almost NW6 by now (i started 1.5 half year ago i think) and my hair did not just stop falling, everytime i do the procedure (i did only 1x per month till now) i see new hair growing, so my hair is getting better continually. I will try to do the procedure twice a month from now on because i am 100% sure that, by doing that, i will just make my hair grow and grow, slowly but without stopping. For me, it was almost like a miracle.

Also, now the results are WAY WAY better than in the beggining. Each procedure now brings WAY more new hair than it did when i began. I believe that must have something to do with the blood flow in my scalp (it had almost none) that is a lot better since i began the treatment.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Opinions on using nizoral the morning after wounding? should this be after 24 hours a la minoxidil?

No one knows the right answer to this, we can only give educated guesses. From what we know about wounding theory, you should not interfere with the inflammation stage, usually during the first three days, applying nizoral may render the procedure less effective. So I would say only use it during day five.

- - - Updated - - -

I already showed some pics too. It must be hard to do the treatment on your own. But i was supposed to be almost NW6 by now (i started 1.5 half year ago i think) and my hair did not just stop falling, everytime i do the procedure (i did only 1x per month till now) i see new hair growing, so my hair is getting better continually. I will try to do the procedure twice a month from now on because i am 100% sure that, by doing that, i will just make my hair grow and grow, slowly but without stopping. For me, it was almost like a miracle.

Also, now the results are WAY WAY better than in the beggining. Each procedure now brings WAY more new hair than it did when i began. I believe that must have something to do with the blood flow in my scalp (it had almost none) that is a lot better since i began the treatment.

I don't think blood flow has much to do with it. The real growth is mostlikely neogenesis.

super

Reaction score
I don't know. Neogenesis is probably what has to do with new follicles. But without blood in your scalp they would hardly survive, since almost no nutrients would get there to make healthy hair. More blood flow = more nutrients.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Traumatizing the skin with the derma-roller causes a rush of blood rich in platelets and progenitors stem cells. This is why the derma-roller is brillant and works. Minoxidil works by itself but is very limited. Once the subcutaneous fat is gone and fibrosis is settled and your chances of regrowing is minimum or none. With heavy derma rolling with long needles, you are maximizing your gain and success. The problem is deeper in the dermis.

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-subcutaneous-fat.htm#
Subcutaneous fat is the fatty or adipose tissue lying directly under the skin layers. Subcutaneous translates to "under the skin." It contains not only fatty tissues but also blood vessels, which supply the skin with oxygen, and nerves.

skin_zps30ca844f.jpg

This is why the BBQ guy had success.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...-closer-to-cure!-amp-then-some?highlight=yale
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...cia-retains-hair-fo?highlight=progenitor+cell

- - - Updated - - -

Even the barbecue wasn't completely cristal ball at the temples, so the 4 month full regrowth seems reasonable, i wonder if he would regrow this quickly if he had a shiny scalp that was miniaturized for years.

image.png

image.png

Notice how they temple are still not grown yet?

image.png

Bam!! temples are now showing as well.

Epic! Even after 6 weeks, the wound was still showing. That was deep! This is why Follica works!

Status
Not open for further replies.