New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfixable

Reaction score
I know it sound stupid but do you think it would be possible to post a video of you guys actually derma rolling (squeege or 2ytr) so at least we can see how you guys (who have result) actually do it, duration. Just an idea like that, no hate please :) I love you all
That would be totally awesome. I also would like to see disinfection before and after rolling on that video. That would be an awesome contribution and perfect for newcomers to watch to avoid mistakes :)

Justeone

Reaction score
Hey guys , today will be my 9th week in the rolling game , unfortunately I started with the 1.0mm roller for the first 6 weeks and was not rolling hard enough ... I did recruit the 1.5mm after the 6th session ... Just wanted to let you know my hair is better then ever... ive been losing hair since I was 18 years old and at 22 I was a norwood 3 with noticeable thinning in the crown . Now im 26 and I cant believe I still have this hair on my head... since the age of 24 or so Ive been on and off finasteride with no minoxidil .. about 10 months ago I started the minoxidil twice daily.. I did go through a shed after starting minoxidil....my other Mistake was applying minoxidil a few hours after a bloody roll....but now I know the wounding process and will wait at least 24hours before applying minoxidil....Yes I see tons of vellus hair....they are thin and blonde but lots are almost 1/2 inch long . I do enjoy rolling now....its part of my routine . sometimes waiting 7days to roll is tough so everyonce and a while ill roll 5 days post last roll ....but I try my hardest not to ...anyways ! cheers guys . ill update again . until then ill keep checking the forum daily... would be amazing if we could keep the stupid arguments out of the thread but I guess that's how progress is made. There is a method in the madness as they say.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
When this thread started, I was here. I learnt a lot from knowledgeable debates which were held here. There was no cursing, no abusing. I think a constructive debate helps you understand a lot of stuff better. It did to me. I ordered DR, a numbing cream and a 70% rubbing alcohol. And i order rogaine foam. I was all set to start the journey despite some skepticism. But then, once when i asked a critical question, i was attacked personally and i thought - why is every1 so defensive about it to such an extreme extent? and that made me take a step back. I mean i still understand some stuff behind this methodology but the whole fanaticism has turned me off this. I have absolutely nothing against DRing approach, for me this is one of the experimental treatment and i am currently on one. Regarding results, again - for me success is when the whole bald spot is covered as in the original study. Because self assessment is sometimes misleading for partial results. i have observed it. Again, i have nothing against DRing as a treatment. All glory to it if it works! Again, it is my opinion, i am not casting negativity on DRing!

Criticism of dermarolling is absolutely vital. Being only 'pro-dermarolling' and tossing out criticism is like being a blind religious zealot. If you believe in your theory, you'll welcome criticism with open arms to dispute the criticism and STRENGTHEN your claims. If anyone is so sure of their beliefs, they'll have NO problem with any criticisms. The vicious attacks by a few members here against dermarolling need to have their comments removed, its become detrimental to the threads credibility and humiliating to the forum. These complaints have been voiced many times in this thread, elsewhere on the forum and even OTHER forums.

Squeegee, I'm calling you out:

It's clearly you that everyone has a problem with. Clean up your fvckng act. Quit attacking naysayers and practice what you preach about being proactive. There is no need or place for your ridiculous behaviour. Stick to your contributions to the dermarolling theory and respond to criticisms & questions with some dignity.

CharlesXavier

Reaction score
I agree all newbies have to come with an open mind and everyone else has to answer there questions politely a million times if necessary. Ignorance isn't a reason to be scolded for. Its natural for people to be skeptical of things at first so be patient. With that said "negativity" isnt welcomed either! We all want hair lets be nice to each other,patient,understanding and be realistic... Or il melt you all with ma mind ;)

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
I know it sound stupid but do you think it would be possible to post a video of you guys actually derma rolling (squeege or 2ytr) so at least we can see how you guys (who have result) actually do it, duration. Just an idea like that, no hate please :) I love you all

Just do 4 passes for each area, slowly and make sure needles go all the way in. This method allowed my hairline to have small hairs fill in and they are growing because before I needed to see them in the sunlight, now they are visible in normal lighting

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
Criticism of dermarolling is absolutely vital. Being only 'pro-dermarolling' and tossing out criticism is like being a blind religious zealot. If you believe in your theory, you'll welcome criticism with open arms to dispute the criticism and STRENGTHEN your claims. If anyone is so sure of their beliefs, they'll have NO problem with any criticisms. The vicious attacks by a few members here against dermarolling need to have their comments removed, its become detrimental to the threads credibility and humiliating to the forum. These complaints have been voiced many times in this thread, elsewhere on the forum and even OTHER forums.

It's clearly you that everyone has a problem with. Clean up your fvckng act. Quit attacking naysayers and practice what you preach about being proactive. There is no need or place for your ridiculous behaviour. Stick to your contributions to the dermarolling theory and respond to criticisms & questions with some dignity.

very wise words hellouser!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Cold enough in Toronto right now? See, 99% of people on here don't contribute at all, they don't even grasp the concept of "experimental treatments". Internet in general bring the worst out of people, just go on youtube for 2 minutes and read the viral hates comments everywhere. People comes here with the same attitude and start attacking the people that actually believe in the treatment and add real content to the forum. I now realize why so many good people quit the forum.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree all newbies have to come with an open mind and everyone else has to answer there questions politely a million times if necessary. Ignorance isn't a reason to be scolded for. Its natural for people to be skeptical of things at first so be patient. With that said "negativity" isnt welcomed either! We all want hair lets be nice to each other,patient,understanding and be realistic... Or il melt you all with ma mind ;)

lol good one, the only thing that bugs me which I'm working on is people who have not started or just started rolling telling us who have regrow hair it's from something stupid like a placebo effect or even worse it won't work although it's plenty of proof it does.

- - - Updated - - -

Cold enough in Toronto right now? See, 99% of people on here don't contribute at all, they don't even grasp the concept of "experimental treatments". Internet in general bring the worst out of people, just go on youtube for 2 minutes and read the viral hates comments everywhere. People comes here with the same attitude and start attacking the people that actually believe in the treatment and add real content to the forum. I now realize why so many good people quit the forum.

Squeegee has defended this forum thread which can help many people, we cannot not argue and let the negative wanna be know it alls get the upper hand. Squeege said he will work on his attitude, as well as myself, we are just passionate about this, if we weren't we wouldn't have posted all the research etc. it's when people come in trying to discredit you that starts arguments. None of that should be going on, there is nothing to discredit if it grows ****ing new hairs

i do agree with hellouser, we should stop arguing, but if we don't defend this experiment, some people can miss out on the best thing here, maybe we can do it nicely.

Axel

Reaction score
Admittedly, academics are a pessimistic and skeptical bunch. However, there are good reasons for that. If the results are solid, then a stronger peer reviewed article should be forthcoming (unless it already has, in which case please link me). I wouldn't be missing but rather postponing a "cure."

I very much hope it works out for you (and others). The risks of your "community trial" seem pretty low, so all the best. I simply want to inform the community that this publication has hallmarks of a bad study.

Then you have been living in a cave for some years. Have you heard about Cots and his wound-healing studies? Or his patents... He pretty much describes what people is trying to replicate here: Disrupting the top layers of the skin and apply minoxidil (AS STATED IN HIS PATENTS)

We should also be aware of the placebo effect. Some people want things to work so badly that they can get carried away, lose sight of objectivity, and literally convince themselves that it is working.
Yeah, placebo effect makes your hair regrow faster than never has been seen being on the big three... :laugh:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Axel, I love the Avatar! This is awesome LOL:punk:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cold enough in Toronto right now?

This is relevant how? And was this a necessary comment?

This is exactly the kind of instigating attitude you're still exhibiting, but you just don't get it. Like I said before, stick to the topic at hand.

See, 99% of people on here don't contribute at all, they don't even grasp the concept of "experimental treatments". Internet in general bring the worst out of people, just go on youtube for 2 minutes and read the viral hates comments everywhere. People comes here with the same attitude and start attacking the people that actually believe in the treatment and add real content to the forum. I now realize why so many good people quit the forum.

The internet has brought the worst out of you as well. You've consistently proven to the entire community that you're a dick to anyone that is of different opinion. The people that have left the forum or this thread is mainly because of the hostility that's been brought out by YOU and Youcandoit. The problem is that you're both in denial. If I had it my way, I'd limit your account to only a few posts a day or have them be approved first and weed out all the irrelevant and embarrassing insults towards other members. Nobody has (at least to my knowledge) attacked you in any way. Every time I see any online drama it is because YOU take the offensive and slam members with petty insults and chase them the hell out of the thread. Princessrambo went as far as to delete his own comments from this thread which we're many and full of valuable information... this is YOUR doing. Acquire some humility and admit your faults.

- - - Updated - - -

Squeegee has defended this forum thread which can help many people, we cannot not argue and let the negative wanna be know it alls get the upper hand. Squeege said he will work on his attitude, as well as myself, we are just passionate about this, if we weren't we wouldn't have posted all the research etc. it's when people come in trying to discredit you that starts arguments. None of that should be going on, there is nothing to discredit if it grows ****ing new hairs

i do agree with hellouser, we should stop arguing, but if we don't defend this experiment, some people can miss out on the best thing here, maybe we can do it nicely.

Squeegee hasn't shown any improvement in behaviour. Despite claims of effort being put into 'toning it down' it hasn't happened. He's both contributed with research to dermarolling/wounding theory and sh*t all over the members as well.

Also, and more importantly, in regards to your claims about people trying to discredit you; thats total CRAP. None of you would have come this far if it weren't for people with the opposite mindset. THEY are the ones pushing for a stronger argument FOR dermarolling, not against. You think the only way for any theory to be proven is if it DOESN'T get questioned? Are you insane? You and Squeegee give the impression that you want things to become stagnant.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
as always haters gonna hate. i always tend to respect the richer and the individual with ripped body low thicker hariline than me. it is assholes that start with envy cause they cant accept they are worse.

i am just saying,it could be irrelevant to what you say.western civil made people think in the box and feel like commodities. all these personality disorders out there affect 99% of civilized population so thats why you see all that comments in youtube.thats why all they envy you when they see you in an exotic car being young. it is so ****ing pathetic. the hole world needs councelling. and keep in mind we are in a HAIRLOSS FORUM.it is not a shame to have thick hair.it is not a shame to have a lot of money and a lot of hitech cars etc. it is a shame to abandon your self from trying and improving in all aspects in life and more in these ones that arent materialism. i know we talk about hair all time. but its why we are here.hair aint the first thing in life regardless i make fun of.

new haters comming in heartbroken from di ckasteride and snake oils.sociopaths hiding in their rooms cause of hairloss,having low selfesteem or thinking that a relationship will not workout due to baldness(regardless they have no idea what apain in the *** can a relationship turn to) etc. try to rethink what your benefits are either way. we here try to figure out a working way for hair. we investigate and do open talk.we sell nothing.if you dont agree why the hell you register to say it?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
questioning anything is healthy, that way you wount become a blind follower of something.

You don't need to follow, do your homework and research yourself. Think for yourself.
It is call being pro-active in a experimental environment. Zombie mentality is out of the equation.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
questioning anything is healthy, that way you wount become a blind follower of something.

Agreed. The only way dermarolling will be completely verified is through questioning and criticism. It needs to be ironed out, not glossed over.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
This is relevant how? And was this a necessary comment?

This is exactly the kind of instigating attitude you're still exhibiting, but you just don't get it. Like I said before, stick to the topic at hand.

The internet has brought the worst out of you as well. You've consistently proven to the entire community that you're a dick to anyone that is of different opinion. The people that have left the forum or this thread is mainly because of the hostility that's been brought out by YOU and Youcandoit. The problem is that you're both in denial. If I had it my way, I'd limit your account to only a few posts a day or have them be approved first and weed out all the irrelevant and embarrassing insults towards other members. Nobody has (at least to my knowledge) attacked you in any way. Every time I see any online drama it is because YOU take the offensive and slam members with petty insults and chase them the hell out of the thread. Princessrambo went as far as to delete his own comments from this thread which we're many and full of valuable information... this is YOUR doing. Acquire some humility and admit your faults.

- - - Updated - - -

Squeegee hasn't shown any improvement in behaviour. Despite claims of effort being put into 'toning it down' it hasn't happened. He's both contributed with research to dermarolling/wounding theory and sh*t all over the members as well.

Also, and more importantly, in regards to your claims about people trying to discredit you; thats total CRAP. None of you would have come this far if it weren't for people with the opposite mindset. THEY are the ones pushing for a stronger argument FOR dermarolling, not against. You think the only way for any theory to be proven is if it DOESN'T get questioned? Are you insane? You and Squeegee give the impression that you want things to become stagnant.

Hellouser.. I have some valuable info for you:
Settings, Edit the ignore list add squeegee. Done deal.

Nagging me like my ex Girlfriend :argue:

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hellouser i see you post in bald t ruthlie dermaroller community where masses and masses of hopeless thinners and balders are being told lies by filthy moderators who keep deleting results posts and approved posts/

Status
Not open for further replies.