New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
What about organic sulfur or epsom salt (magnesium, sulfur and oxygen, with the formula MgSO4)?

I use organic sulfur and food grade diatomaceous earth. Best source of sulfur and Silica on the market.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i am afraid to rinse with water as opposed to others.i wipe hard with sterilized tabs which i dump in alcohol. i make contact with water at least a day later.it is a must to clean it. the blood is so much that if it stays and clots you wont be able to move at all. lol
After you guys are finised dermarolling and bleeding like crazy... what do you do with your bloody scalp and hair? Rinse only? Wash with shampoo and rinse? Let the blood dry out? Something else?

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
I use organic sulfur and food grade diatomaceous earth. Best source of sulfur and Silica on the market.

Thanks ill definitely have to look into the diatomaceous earth.

Isn't hair made out of sulfur? Maybe getting it right down into the root of the follicle would add some sort of boost to the process?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, after causing deep trauma to our scalps for months and seeing that this provides the positive effects that it has, is it time to revisit other possible therapies that were previously written off due to "possible irritation of scalp."

I massaged my scalp on and off while watching tv for about an hour tonight. I had dermarolled with a .05MM last night and opened up some smaller, lighter wounds. I applied Hydrogen Peroxide which delivered oxygen to the base of the follicles and then washed my scalp from everything applied in the morning with pure alcohol. With the slightly opened wounds this left a very refreshing clean feeling. I rinsed with hot water, then cold water to get the hot/cold ion mix, then followed with hot water to open the follicles back up for topical application immediately after.

I plan on using alcohol at least a few times a week in the evening to rinse off morning topical buildup. It does sting slightly, and maybe a year ago that would be frowned upon, but after deep wounding 1.5MM deep with 500+ needles for an hour once a week, maybe it is time to revisit things like this and leaving Apple Cider Vinegar on overnight...

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
So Betadine is for using BEFORE rolls, leave on scalp then wash out (with shampoo?) before touching down with the stabby roller?

yes betadine before rolling, I wash it out with just water before rolling, read this, it may have more info about it

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
According to this guy, Acute inflammation is directly linked to muscles growth. Pretty damn interesting! Derma roller is friggin brillant!

[video=vimeo;20446573]http://vimeo.com/20446573[/video]

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just came from the Dr she knows that wounds on healing produce hair that stays. she knows she can use the wounding to reverse thinning or balding but she said that its not an apropriate way to wound that much and that much blood to be done by the end customer.

anyway she said to dip the roller in betandine for 24h before use and that alone is enough for every infection.

NOTE.

-some days post wound i notice blood from nose when i wipe it.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
just came from the Dr she knows that wounds on healing produce hair that stays. she knows she can use the wounding to reverse thinning or balding but she said that its not an apropriate way to wound that much and that much blood to be done by the end customer.

anyway she said to dip the roller in betandine for 24h before use and that alone is enough for every infection.

NOTE.

Thats good news besides the bloody nose, and I think the frequency we roll may be to often, I also don't think rolling so vicious is needed, just puncture your scalp slowly four times each area and you will not damage any of the new growth. Eventually you will see hairs filling in, my entire hairline has filled in with hairs longer then the 1.5 mm dermaroller. Did not use minoxidil, only twice I dipped dermaroller in minoxidil and crude oil, so it's not needed for me at least. Letting your scalp heal and grow a bit more should help. Your hair grow. I'm starting to think 2-3 times a month will be better

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score

NOTE.

man dont take it personal but i think you should not tell people how to roll when you get blood from your nose after DRing :) that sounds like a totally bad side effect

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
maybe through chemostasis debri is moved away through nose. who knows?

either that or the other i dont see it as a side effect only natural healing. it could also be sth else ofcourse.

- - - Updated - - -

hi Youcandoit. can you up some pics? i am thinking of upgrading to 2.0mm 192needle roller.
Thats good news besides the bloody nose, and I think the frequency we roll may be to often, I also don't think rolling so vicious is needed, just puncture your scalp slowly four times each area and you will not damage any of the new growth. Eventually you will see hairs filling in, my entire hairline has filled in with hairs longer then the 1.5 mm dermaroller. Did not use minoxidil, only twice I dipped dermaroller in minoxidil and crude oil, so it's not needed for me at least. Letting your scalp heal and grow a bit more should help. Your hair grow. I'm starting to think 2-3 times a month will be better

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score

either that or the other i dont see it as a side effect only natural healing. it could also be sth else ofcourse.

it can be anything, but since you expirienced it during the period of DRing.... all im saying is that next time you post "ROLL BLOODY ROLL HARD!!!" you might want to note also:

side effects such as blood in your nose and increased size of lymph nodes may accur :D

imagine that someone follows your routine and gets such sides :) I would be pretty scared to be honest. Oh actually I rolled once pretty hard and one lymph node did expand the next day, lasted for a day. So it was from DRing for sure. Next time I applied alot more betadine and it didnt happen. So I guess it was the body saying that some small infection occured.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
those sides are response to wound from our natural process. you are right. well i have been so badly heartbroken by ex wifey that nth hurts me to be honest. the success newly grown hair is my "marabu". i believe we made so many points in our converasations here. wounding should be the gold standar treatment from now on. it was time to say the truth. all these chemicals was so bad.
it can be anything, but since you expirienced it during the period of DRing.... all im saying is that next time you post "ROLL BLOODY ROLL HARD!!!" you might want to note also:

side effects such as blood in your nose and increased size of lymph nodes may accur :D

imagine that someone follows your routine and gets such sides :) I would be pretty scared to be honest. Oh actually I rolled once pretty hard and one lymph node did expand the next day, lasted for a day. So it was from DRing for sure. Next time I applied alot more betadine and it didnt happen. So I guess it was the body saying that some small infection occured.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
We should get our hands on the post spray for hair transplant.

2young.. don't need to roll that hard LOL bleeding nose.. are you serious?

Bleeding is the key and the main purpose according to Dr Des Fernandez (co-founder of derma rolling therapy) But I think that you are going to hard.

He uses a 3.mm, He got bruises form it. Crazy.
http://owndoc.com/pdf/DermarollingScience.pdf

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0738081X07001903

- - - Updated - - -

First Derma roller patent:

http://www.owndoc.com/pdf/dermaroller-patent.pdf

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
After you guys are finised dermarolling and bleeding like crazy... what do you do with your bloody scalp and hair? Rinse only? Wash with shampoo and rinse? Let the blood dry out? Something else?

After rolling, I put on a clean bandana, which I also sleep with.
Next morning, I get up and rinse my hair with cold water to get the blood off, then put on a new, fresh bandana.
In the evening of the same day, I wash my hair/scalp with a mild shampoo.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

hi Youcandoit. can you up some pics? i am thinking of upgrading to 2.0mm 192needle roller.

Whats a good camera for pics, all I have now is ipad and resolution not good, I will try and do what I can just to help others out.

Have you started growing a lot of hairs yet, is it filling in hairline?

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes friend i see its time to wound softer.

happy new year friend
We should get our hands on the post spray for hair transplant.

2young.. don't need to roll that hard LOL bleeding nose.. are you serious?

Bleeding is the key and the main purpose according to Dr Des Fernandez (co-founder of derma rolling therapy) But I think that you are going to hard.

He uses a 3.mm, He got bruises form it. Crazy.
http://owndoc.com/pdf/DermarollingScience.pdf

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0738081X07001903

- - - Updated - - -

First Derma roller patent:

http://www.owndoc.com/pdf/dermaroller-patent.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

a regular copmact camera would do.my hairline yes seems wider and wider. but time will tell.
Whats a good camera for pics, all I have now is ipad and resolution not good, I will try and do what I can just to help others out.

Have you started growing a lot of hairs yet, is it filling in hairline?

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score

Microscopic USB

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Ignore the term 'resolution' and especially pay zero attention to megapixels by camera manufacturers and salesman. Its become a gimmick. More important than the size of photos produced is the sensor's ability to capture as much light with as little noise as possible AND the lens used with the right focal length and aperture setting with SOFT lighting.

When I say soft lighting, I mean this:

hard_vs_soft.jpg

Hard light on the left, soft light on the right.

This is a common rookie mistake by hair loss sufferers trying to document their progress by taking lousy photographs with FLASH turned on.

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good numbing cream? It seems like recently the pain has gotten much worse. I don't feel like I'm pressing harder but I have been noticing blood, which I didn't have during the first couple months of rolling

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good numbing cream? It seems like recently the pain has gotten much worse. I don't feel like I'm pressing harder but I have been noticing blood, which I didn't have during the first couple months of rolling

I think that's a good thing, more blood in areas that didn't bleed before...might mean you're getting the circulation going

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I think that's a good thing, more blood in areas that didn't bleed before...might mean you're getting the circulation going

Sparx4444 wtf ... you should be on White Ave or Jasper Ave.. Celebrating life..LOL.. **** hairloss!

Status
Not open for further replies.