New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darwin101

Reaction score
I believe you, I'm just very curious to see your results since you've been so vocal about your success.

I appreciate your posts on here a lot. Didn't mean to suggest otherwise.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I believe you, I'm just very curious to see your results since you've been so vocal about your success.

I appreciate your posts on here a lot. Didn't mean to suggest otherwise.

LOL.. no worries Darwin! I know that you're not the only one looking for to see my results.. I just want to get that shed out of the way for a more radical difference. But trust me, derma roller when done right (Good coverage, bloody) is the answer to Androgen Alopecia. Nothing comes close. You physically remodeling your scalp allowing the progenitors stem cells waking up the dormant follicles. Even with hairs transplant , it takes months to see positive results (6-8 months). People are just being impatient/disbeliever and want to see the absolute proof to the treatment right away!

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've not had and cosmetic changes yet but based on what I'm seeing with the microscope and how the rest of my hair feels I think this time next year I will have a much fuller head of hair and a much much better hairline. My hair feels so thick on the sides and mid area after just a short time and it's growing at the speed I saw in my teens. I think DR has the possibility of being a cure but we need to keep a wait and see outlook for a while. I will have a good idea by mid 2014 and a solid answer this time next year. Patience and consistency!

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
Man I just did my first treatment with my 1.5mm derma stamp and i freaking love it. No hairs pulled out at all. Still nice coverage and blood, but wish I would have bought the 2.0mm. Im feeling positive. No major regrowth yet, but I am using minoxidil relentlessly for the first time so I am going through a big shed. I am expecting nice results. Roll on my friends.

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is a link from 2006: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...n-and-breaking-up-fibrosis?highlight=needling

I tried it 3 or 4 years ago but used a .5mm and not much intensity. I think the key is the needle length and intensity.

I just read that entire thread, and I agree it's all about needle length and intensity. Most of them were using .5 or .75 everyday without any bleeding. That Joseph guy was using a 1.5mm weekly and had great results.

And two dermarollers for $250, holy crap!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
People are just being impatient/disbeliever and want to see the absolute proof to the treatment right away!

...and it f-u-c-k-i-n-g hurts to DR...I think I am going to get a 1.5mm with less needles because having 550 needles, or whatever, is just too hard to get stabbed with...less needles would be easier to break the skin with less effort...but it effin' hurts!!

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Man I just did my first treatment with my 1.5mm derma stamp and i freaking love it. No hairs pulled out at all. Still nice coverage and blood, but wish I would have bought the 2.0mm. Im feeling positive. No major regrowth yet, but I am using minoxidil relentlessly for the first time so I am going through a big shed. I am expecting nice results. Roll on my friends.

I am thinking of going to a derma stamp also, I notice a lot of loss even buzzed to a 1mm, I do like the ease of a roller though, just did my 4th roll tonight so I am far from an expert

pics of my roll, I am in on this, I am on my 4th roll, 4 weeks minoxidil, just shed, rolling heavier each time

Attachments

• bleed1.jpg
    bleed1.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 455
  • bleed.jpg
    bleed.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 958

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I just read that entire thread, and I agree it's all about needle length and intensity. Most of them were using .5 or .75 everyday without any bleeding. That Joseph guy was using a 1.5mm weekly and got great results.

And two dermarollers for $250, holy crap!

Yep! 1.5mm weekly! I ordered some 3.0mm 192 needles from China last week.. will see how it goes lol and yeah that old thread is a gift!

- - - Updated - - -

Roll on? or stamp it? Any links to your buying?:salut:

- - - Updated - - -

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol yeah man. I bleed about the same. And its not as much a hassle as rolling because my hairs do not get tangles. I actually kind of enjoy it. Only thing though is you got to go longer and press harder than rolling. Well it may be because this is 1.5mm and my roller is 2.0mm. I could not find a 2.0mm stamp like this, but I want one. If you find one let me know.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
[h=1]Active hair growth (anagen) is associated with angiogenesis.[/h]Mecklenburg L, Tobin DJ, Müller-Röver S, Handjiski B, Wendt G, Peters EM, Pohl S, Moll I, Paus R.
[h=3]Source[/h]Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Eppendorf, University of Hamburg, Germany.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]After the completion of skin development, angiogenesis, i.e., the growth of new capillaries from pre-existing blood vessels, is held to occur in the skin only under pathologic conditions. It has long been noted, however, that hair follicle cycling is associated with prominent changes in skin perfusion, that the epithelial hair bulbs of anagen follicles display angiogenic properties, and that the follicular dermal papilla can produce angiogenic factors. Despite these suggestive observations, no formal proof is as yet available for the concept that angiogenesis is a physiologic event that occurs all over the mature mammalian integument whenever hair follicles switch from resting (telogen) to active growth (anagen). This study uses quantitative histomorphometry and double-immunohistologic detection techniques for the demarcation of proliferating endothelial cells, to show that synchronized hair follicle cycling in adolescent C57BL/6 mice is associated with substantial angiogenesis, and that inhibiting angiogenesis in vivo by the intraperitoneal application of a fumagillin derivative retards experimentally induced anagen development in these mice. Thus, angiogenesis is a physiologic event in normal postnatal murine skin, apparently is dictated by the hair follicle, and appears to be required for normal anagen development. Anagen-associated angiogenesis offers an attractive model for identifying the physiologic controls of cutaneous angiogenesis, and an interesting system for screening the effects of potential antiangiogenic drugs in vivo.

MECHANISM OF ACTION IN MICRO-NEEDLING for Collagen-Induction-Therapy (CIT)
This is a very complex process, but the principle is quite easy to understand. In microneedling we simply utilise the body self-healing mechanisms. It reacts to the intrusion of microneedles like it would react to any other skin penetrating object. But the difference is the size of the object - a nontraumatic microneedle. The intrusion of tiny surgical needles (provided they are professionally designed) is sensed as an injury stimulus. But the needles are so fine and thin that tissue damage is unlikely. The skin integrity actually stays intact. However, this “injury-stimulus”, transported by electrical signals, triggers gene-expression. Skin cells, in a radius of 1 to 2 mm around the pricking channel, release growth signals to undifferentiated cells. These signals in return stimulate the proliferation of new cells, e.g. fibroblasts to transform into collagen- and elastin fibres. The task of fibroblasts is, to migrate to the point of intrusion for wound closure. And here comes the trick: The pricking channels, caused by the microneedles, close very quickly and no tissue lesion can be detected, and none has to be repaired. The transformation for wound repair cells (e.g. fibroblasts and others) is an automatic process – like a one-way road. Their final mission is to synthesize collagen fibres. They integrate into the existing collagen matrix in the upper dermis. This new fibre formation – in terms of many hundred percent - thickens the skin and fills former hypotrophic scars. As single needle prick is not worth mentioning. But if thousands of microscopic small needle-pricks are set, the induced collagen formation becomes confluent and forms a new collagen layer. This body reaction is called neo-collagenesis. In addition, the inner cells that coat our vessels (endothelial cells), and in particular these of our capillaries, are also stimulated to proliferate. They react to this stimulation by sprouting out new capillaries that in return results in more and better blood supply of the skin. This reaction is called neo-angiogenesis.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
what kind of oil? Massage tingling oil? lol
hahah.jojoba lavender Rosemary Thymian grape seed like many afro american women using To regrow hair .maybe i ll get such big dark hair too LoL

Does skin shedding decreases with more rolling sessions ?going hard with my 1,5 and nearly no shed :(

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Combination of microneedling and glycolic acid peels for the treatment of acne scars in dark skin.

Sharad J.
Source

Skinfiniti the Aesthetic Skin and Laser Clinic, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Abstract

INTRODUCTION:

  Acne scars can cause emotional and psychosocial disturbance to the patient. Various modalities have been used for the treatment of acne scars like punch excision, subcision, peels, microdermabrasion, unfractionated and fractioned lasers. The latest in the treatment armamentarium is microneedling. Acne scars commonly coexist with postinflammatory hyperpigmentation. A combination of microneedling and glycolic acid (GA) peels was found to give excellent results in the treatment of such scars. The aim was to study the efficacy of a combination of microneedling with glycolic peel for the treatment of acne scars in pigmented skin.

METHOD:

  Thirty patients in the age group of 20-40 years with atrophic box type or rolling scars with postinflammatory hyperpigmentation were chosen for the study. Two groups were made. The first group comprised of 30 patients in whom only microneedling was performed once in 6 weeks for five sessions. In the second group of 30 patients, a combination of microneedling and 35% GA peels was carried out. Patients from both groups were evaluated on the basis of Echelle d'Evaluation clinique des Cicatrices d'acné classification.
RESULTS:

  Based on the objective scoring and its statistical analysis, there was significant improvement in superficial and moderately deep scars (grade 1-3). There was also improvement in skin texture, reduction in postacne pigmentation in the second group.
CONCLUSION:

  Microneedling is a simple, inexpensive office procedure with no downtime. It is safe in Indian skin (skin types III-IV). The combined sequential treatment with GA peel caused a significant improvement in the acne scars without increasing morbidity.
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.

- - - Updated - - -

hahah.jojoba lavender Rosemary Thymian grape seed like many afro american women using To regrow hair .maybe i ll get such big dark hair too LoL

Does skin shedding decreases with more rolling sessions ?going hard with my 1,5 and nearly no shed :(

Not going hard enough! LOL.. We all differents.. really tough to say.. You are plunging yourself into the essentials oils crap! you crazy! Lavender smells like my grand ma lingerie!

- - - Updated - - -

Perifollicular fibrosis: pathogenetic role in androgenetic alopecia.

Yoo HG, Kim JS, Lee SR, Pyo HK, Moon HI, Lee JH, Kwon OS, Chung JH, Kim KH, Eun HC, Cho KH.
Source

Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Laboratory of Cutaneous Aging and Hair Research, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, and Institute of Dermatological Science, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.

Abstract

Androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) is a dihydrotestosterone (DHT)-mediated process, characterized by continuous miniaturization of androgen reactive hair follicles and accompanied by perifollicular fibrosis of follicular units in histological examination. Testosterone (T: 10(-9)-10(-7) M) treatment increased the expression of type I procollagen at mRNA and protein level. Pretreatment of finasteride (10(-8) M) inhibited the T-induced type I procollagen expression at mRNA (40.2%) and protein levels (24.9%). T treatment increased the expression of transforming growth factor-beta 1 (TGF-beta1) at protein levels by 81.9% in the human scalp dermal fibroblasts (DFs). Pretreatment of finasteride decreased the expression of TGF-beta1 protein induced by an average of T (30.4%). The type I procollagen expression after pretreatment of neutralizing TGF-beta1 antibody (10 microg/ml) was inhibited by an average of 54.3%. Our findings suggest that T-induced TGF-beta1 and type I procollagen expression may contribute to the development of perifollicular fibrosis in the Androgenetic Alopecia, and the inhibitory effects on T-induced procollagen and TGF-beta1 expression may explain another possible mechanism how finasteride works in Androgenetic Alopecia.

dzeris

Reaction score

Agree, stamp is much better!
same here wanted to go 2MM but couldnt find it.. :(

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
a msg to all. dont switch the roller with sth that wounds straight like a stamp.its the angle of entering and exiting the epidermis of the needles that wound and the job is getting done

RK85

My Regimen
Reaction score
what are some good topicals to use while derma rolling for regrowth? I know minoxidil is. What about a few others?

Instead of the minoxidil you can use the vitamin B12 + castrol oil, but you can achieve even better results by mixing vitamin B12 with minoxidil:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...hts-comments?p=1143134&viewfull=1#post1143134

What do you think about replacing minoxidil by nanoxidil? Do you think that mixing vitamin B12 and nanoxidil can give results as good as vitamin B12 + minoxidil?

Status
Not open for further replies.