New Article On Replicel And Lee Buckler - Forbes

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Forbes website is jenky crap, so don't bother clicking on the source link, I'll post the entire below:

Hollywood has made movies about it. Industries have made billions from it. And if the volume of scripture is any indication, the Almighty God must have placed great value on his creation of the head of human hair. After all, He gave Samson—the strongest man of whom the Bible tells—his immense strength through his hair and declared a woman’s hair "a glory unto" her in the 11thchapter of 1 Chorinthians.

Is it any wonder men and women obsess over their hair? And though we may get wiser as we age (a good thing), most of us don’t get hairier—at least not in the places we want to (not a good thing).

But there is a Canadian company who has been working diligently to change that. And if they’re right—and so far the research indicates they are—baldness may become a thing of the past for those who choose not to tolerate hair loss anymore. And they're not only attacking baldness, Aging skin and tendon degeneration are on the cutting block as well. It's great news for the tens of millions of older Americans who suffer from these malladies. But the most fascinating part lies in the source of the cure. It’s you. The company focuses on the development of cell therapies using a patient's own cells.

RepliCel is a regenerative medicine company focused on developing autologous cell therapies (or therapies that involve one individual as both donor and recipient) that address conditions linked to a deficit of healthy cells required for normal healing and function. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the company has developed first-of-their-kind cell therapies that will, they hope, treat conditions that now affect 1 in 3 Americans: pattern baldness, aging and sun-damaged skin, and chronic tendon degeneration.

Lee Buckler, CEO and director of RepliCel said cell-based therapies are now being called the “third pillar” of medicine. “First came small-molecule drugs produced by Big Pharma. Next came the genetic engineering revolution and targeted drugs developed by biotech firms. Finally, we have cell-based technologies,” he said.

RepliCel’s technology has proven to grow new hair without transplants, creams or pills because it’s using a patient’s own stem cells to regenerate hair. Buckler said the basis for the company’s science comes from research conducted in the early 2000s in Europe by noted hair biology and dermatology experts Dr. Kevin McElwee, PhD, and Dr. Rolf Hoffmann, MD, who originally discovered the critical cell responsible for hair follicle growth. It is now being tested in human Phase II trials that began in July 2016 in Japan. Two other products of the company are for conditions where there are too few healthy fibroblasts, such as chronic tendinosis and damaged skin.

“Regenerative medicine is a game-changing area of medicine with the potential to fully heal damaged tissues and organs, offering solutions and hope for people who have conditions that today are beyond repair,” Buckler said. “RepliCel is one of the most promising biotech companies to watch in the field of developing medical innovations that are life-changing.”

Buckler said it started in 2003 with the academic research of Hoffmann and McElwee at the University of Marburg in Marburg, Germany. At the time they were trying to understand what was happening in the hair follicles of people suffering from androgenetic alopecia—a common form of hair loss in both men and women—or the underlying cause of hair loss.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/robins...ng-skin-and-tendon-degeneration/#5237d27f93f2

---------------------------

Not much is new in here though.

H

Reaction score
Itll be a thing of the past for future generations who need to prevent it but what about people who have already lost a significant amount of hair?

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Itll be a thing of the past for future generations who need to prevent it but what about people who have already lost a significant amount of hair?
They will have to keep praying to lord Tsuji and hope he pulls through

Reactions: H

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe that some small regrowth of new hair will be obtained with the treatment of Shiseido / Replicel. But i'm not sure about that.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Damn, only if shiseido managed to release this in 2018.. . It's my limit probably

br1

Reaction score
At least one person got 20% increase in density with a single injection.. I hope they can achieve this for everyone treated by multiple injections.. That would be awesome..

H

Reaction score
Have your body frozen when you die so you can be thawed out when the cure is available?
I assume I'll be alive when a successful intervention releases plus I honestly dont believe they'll bring them back.

timbo123

Reaction score
The article goes on for 4 pages: Last page "Buckler said the RepliCel’s technology should be available to the general public by sometime next year in Japan, though it may take several more years to see it on the market in the U.S. as clinical trials will still have to be completed here and the data submitted to the FDA, though the 21st Century Cures Act (Cures Act) may help it along."

inmyhead

Reaction score
The article goes on for 4 pages: Last page "Buckler said the RepliCel’s technology should be available to the general public by sometime next year in Japan, though it may take several more years to see it on the market in the U.S. as clinical trials will still have to be completed here and the data submitted to the FDA, though the 21st Century Cures Act (Cures Act) may help it along."
I hope this is true