Neograft?

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
they use this stuff also in turkye...
drilling the hairfollikels out...
i'm stil sceptical if its as good as a manual extraction...
to me its how faster extracted , the more chanse to damage more follikels...
we have a member on our dutch hairforum that has this procedure done in istanbul....
3500 grafts done with a machine like this in 12 hours...
he payed 1800 euro for it... dont know how mutch it is in dollars : +- 2400 a 2500 dollar ?

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This should be even cheaper then a strip since they can extract the follicle right off, and dont have to go throw the tedious work for separating follicles one by one.... :)

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
2500 grafts for 1800 euros!! Here it would be more like 25,000 dollars, not 2500. Definitely finding a reputable doctor overseas when the time comes, cheap procedure + good vacation.

Anyway why was this found to be useless / why is this machine so hush hush here in the US if its in use all over Europe AND FDA approved?? Maybe cause doctors in the U.S are greedy and are afraid their gonna have to lower their prices from 25,000 to 2,500 like the doctor in Turkey if this "devil machine' becomes widespread?

Makes kind of sense..
would Porsche, Lamborghini, and Ferrari adopt a new technology that would eventually result in them selling their cars for 20,000 dollars?

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
it was 1800 euro for a hair transplant of 3500 grafts , FUE , extracted with a machine like you see in the link
he has posted pictures on our hairforum , and they do look rather good to be so cheap...
they do also bodyhair... and he is gonna do another hair transplant , with large number of bodyhairs as well...

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ComeOnPropy, why do you think this machine is useless?

I agree that this might lead to poor quality hair follicles. Since it is faster to get the follicles one by one by extracting them from the scalp as opposed to cutting them out from a strip of scalp, there might be a potential to "miss" some of the stuff surrounding the follicle. And what about people with curly hairs, how do they extract the entire follicle when it might be curling under the skin, or maybe the follicle doesn't curl under the skin, but it's hard to know which direction it is in underneath because the hair coming out is curled?

Either way, I think this is a fantastic invention.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
as a geeky ex electronics student i was thinking about how robotics could improve a hair transplant (computers are good at boring repetitive tasks)
i wouldn't want a transplant with one of those though because the human hand relies soo much upon touch-sensitive feedback which would be lost in a machine
so really i wouldn't go anywhere near one of those until there is ACTUAL PROOF that the machine is significantly less likely of causing complications

economically with the vast talk of HM this would be a really risky investment for anyone when it would most possibly become an expensive doorstop in 5 years, but then it doesn't seem final and it's becoming less and less of good investment every day histogen becomes sooner

ComeOnPropy

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry mods for the constant use of other links but this is why i believe the neograft maybe rubbish, read a few pages in and you will see some very good points raised against the neograft by some veteran hair transplant surgeons.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I read the points that Dr. Feller pointed out, and I think they are all good points. The answer is that we have to wait and see, statistically, whether this thing works with a LOT of patients. I'm sure there were some nay-sayers when the FUE procedure first came out.

I'd like to think that the hair follicle as a whole, and all of its parts - including that fatty, transparent, gel-like stuff around the papilla -are all strong enough to withstand the torsional force of the cutting tool, and the suction of the tube used to extract the follicle from the scalp, without breaking and/or dying.

Is this tool for sale to other hair transplant doctors? I wish other doctors like Dr. Feller would give this tool a shot to see for themselves whether it works. Use a small part of the scalp on their patients if there is doubt at first, and do the rest manually, like today's standard FUE technique. Only time will tell if the concerns of this tool are indeed valid, or if the other doctors who perform FUE hair transplants are just adverse to change.

Great post, though. Thanks a lot for sharing this. I hope this thing or later versions of it facilitate the FUE hair transplant for all of us, doctors and patients.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
I've asked Dr Rasman about this, and this is what he said.

The story is actually a press release, which explains why it enthusiastically approves of the tool. One thing I’m disappointed with right off the bat is that it claims “no visible scars” occur if this tool is used, and that is simply untrue. Any puncture made to the scalp will result in a scar to some degree. I know what they were going for, but saying “barely visible scars” or “no linear scar” would’ve been more truthful.

I watched the video and it appears that the doctor is using a drill to remove the grafts from the donor area. It still seems tedious and I could not inspect the follicular units for transection rate analysis (damage done to grafts), which I would need to do to make a judgment on this FUE instrument/technique.

Personally, I am waiting for the restoration robotics technology to come out. That looks very promising, but its still on trials.