Need To Know Who Screwed Up, Toplace, Or My Stylist

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I took my piece in today to be cut in. Got it done by a hairdresser that is kind of renowned, seem to know completely what he was doing and had my confidence. Got it home and either stylist has attached the piece the wrong way around to cut it as the crown is at the front, or Toplace put the crown in the wrong place.

My stylist says he most definitely didn't cut it the wrong way around, as the bit that has my name and the order date written on has to be at the back, otherwise it could be seen. Is that true? If it is, Toplace is at fault and has put the crown at the front, even though I was 100% clear with my template.

Can it be fixed in any way? A lot of hair is left, as the stylist recommended to start with not to take too much off, and come back next week to do some more, at no cost of course. Great start to my experience with a hair piece :(

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apologies for the poor quality, but I think you get the gist. The larger area will be at the back? If that's the case Toplace have put the crown at the front for some inexplicable reason, and will be refunding me, or getting a lot of bad publicity. A lot. Raging.

Attachments

• WIN_20180502_18_17_29_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180502_18_17_29_Pro.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 384

Noah

Reaction score
Sorry you've had to put up with this JC. Your stylist is right - the name tag goes at the back, so it sounds like TL screwed up and should replace it.

You can change the way the hair lies if you soak the piece in warm water for 15 minutes, and then GENTLY tug the hairs in the direction you want them to go. The individual hairs are knotted to the threads of the mesh, and the warm water gives them enough lubrication to be able to pivot around on their thread into a different position. But don't pull too hard or you will pull the hair out. You could maybe use that technique to get rid of the unwanted "crown". Whether you will be able to create a new crown where you ordered it I am not sure - it would be a lot of work.

Before you do anything contact John and document the problem, and get him working on the replacement. Then hopefully the method described above will tide you over till you get a replacement. Presumably you have already shaved under the piece?

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, Noah.

Thanks a lot. It does seem an error on TL's part. I'll try your suggestion, my stylist suggested similar. I could live without a crown for my first piece.

I've already emailed John, still waiting for a reply. I was already shaved, so it's not as if I'm dependent on the piece.