Need to know how to repair penile damage...

JonA

Reaction score
I am looking for the user called "Dice_Has_Hair" as he had some information on how to reverse penile damage..

Or if anybody else could help out it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED and i will pray for you and ur hair lol.

Basically, he had some info on how to repair penile shrinkage with the use of Gotu kola extract and something else.. and i need some more info,, how much to use,, exactly wat to get.. I have app with erectile dissfunction clinic but dont know if this is the right place to go to.hmm

ANYBODY PLEEAASE help

JonA

Reaction score
Yes,, as a side effect from finasteride,, i had low libido,, never felt to toss off anymore,, but i can still have sex.so i can get erection if i have to,, but i dont really perform as well as i did. but anyway... after quiting finasteride for about 3.5 monts,, i still got low libido,, but also notice my penis getting skinnier :( and maybe a lil shorter :( i know the user named above had some information about fibrosis or somthin n how to fix it.. and hope he is still around. or maybe if anyone else knows anything about it.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JonA said:
Yes,, as a side effect from finasteride,, i had low libido,, never felt to toss off anymore,, but i can still have sex.so i can get erection if i have to,, but i dont really perform as well as i did. but anyway... after quiting finasteride for about 3.5 monts,, i still got low libido,, but also notice my penis getting skinnier :( and maybe a lil shorter :( i know the user named above had some information about fibrosis or somthin n how to fix it.. and hope he is still around. or maybe if anyone else knows anything about it.

Wow, theyre all out of the woodwork today.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've read a few threads complaining about enduring side effects like these.

My thinking is this: even if my dick ends up a bit shorter, or a bit softer, or I'm not as horny, so what?

The alternative is to go bald, and then it won't matter how big or hard it is or how often it wants to get used, I won't be able to get a girl to go near it 'cos I'll look like I've been in for radiotherapy.

Take the rough with the smooth chaps, there's no perfect answer to anything.

Pondle

Reaction score
JonA said:

I've never seen any evidence that DHT inhibitors can affect penis size. I think that you are suffering from "genital retraction syndrome" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penis_panic)

powersam

Reaction score
some of these posts are so off kilter that i wonder if maybe the naturals DO pay people to make anti finasteride posts on forums.

penile shrinkage? one would assume that if it was to ever appear if would have in the large and extensive fda trials run. not a side effect many would just ignore and not mention.

to the original poster, fibrosis might make your penis curve an odd way but shrinkage? plus at a guess, dht inhibitors would probably lessen fibrosis, rather than cause it.

JonA

Reaction score
Ok, people may not believe me, but i dont really care,, all i know is that ive definalty noticed my penis skinnier at the top... but also the veins are more prominent which i hate :( is there who has info that can help me or has an email address for the user i mentioned? man i hate not feeling horny anymore,, and i thought the sides would go away after 4 monts of stopping finasteride. I have kept up the minoxidil tho and am holding well tho. I think its not really only for regrowth but somehow keeps your hair.!

Pleaaasee someone help me :(

Thanks alot.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JonA said:
Ok, people may not believe me, but i dont really care,, all i know is that ive definalty noticed my penis skinnier at the top... but also the veins are more prominent which i hate :( is there who has info that can help me or has an email address for the user i mentioned? man i hate not feeling horny anymore,, and i thought the sides would go away after 4 monts of stopping finasteride. I have kept up the minoxidil tho and am holding well tho. I think its not really only for regrowth but somehow keeps your hair.!

Pleaaasee someone help me :(

Thanks alot.

your not gonna get any help here, b/c anyone here that knows what theyre talking about knows your full of it.

JonA

Reaction score
EXCUSE ME??? WTF.. Why the hell would i write all this stuff!! IM TRYING TO GET HELP and all u can say is that im full of IT??? OH boy i wish u get sides one day..

I have been going to see my gp for about 2months now, and am desperatley looking for answers. It makes me so depressed. Maybe i am one of the few,, i dno.Dont care either,, but im sure im not the only one..All i want is maybe someone who can share some helpful info.. and not just disregard it. Im not here to make lies... Whats the bloody point! I wish i never touched finasteride,, and i was only on it for 4.5 months.. and cant believe how its affected me :(

So dont go sayin im full of it.. you idiot!

Pondle

Reaction score
Seriously JonA, finasteride could not cause the 'problem' you mention. OK it could cause you temporary difficulties with libido etc, but NOT "penile shrinkage". I mean, good grief... if you REALLY believe that you are suffering from this I think you may have a psychosomatic disorder.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JonA said:
EXCUSE ME??? WTF.. Why the hell would i write all this stuff!! IM TRYING TO GET HELP and all u can say is that im full of IT??? OH boy i wish u get sides one day..

I have been going to see my gp for about 2months now, and am desperatley looking for answers. It makes me so depressed. Maybe i am one of the few,, i dno.Dont care either,, but im sure im not the only one..All i want is maybe someone who can share some helpful info.. and not just disregard it. Im not here to make lies... Whats the bloody point! I wish i never touched finasteride,, and i was only on it for 4.5 months.. and cant believe how its affected me :(

So dont go sayin im full of it.. you idiot!

YOU ARE FULL OF IT

unless you started finasteride before you finished puberty....there is NO WAY THAT COULD HAPPEN...

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive heard this before , But i heard its very rare, The penile shrinking is actually not what it seems , Its not that your penis has shrank its because you cant get a full erection anymore it used to happen to me while i was using finasteride but as soon as i stopped using it it went away...It might be taking longer for you but i think you should get back to normal sooner or later.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
KiLLuMiNaTi said:
Ive heard this before , But i heard its very rare, The penile shrinking is actually not what it seems , Its not that your penis has shrank its because you cant get a full erection anymore it used to happen to me while i was using finasteride but as soon as i stopped using it it went away...It might be taking longer for you but i think you should get back to normal sooner or later.

that is possible...you might not be getting a full erection...but it DID NOT shrink.

JonA

Reaction score
Hmm, i cant really explain wats going on to well but ill try my best to explain... it basically feels like there isnt as much blood flowing down there anymore.. imagine u shake it left n right for about a minute,, it gets kinda fuller because more blood is flowing correct?? now to some extent,, thats how it used to feel naturally (without shaking it) and now feels like there isnt enuf blood flow down there so its in a retrakted state.. Now i can except that when its in the retracted state its smaller and unfortunatly because im not horny anymore, its always like that.. But thats not my only problem....

It has defo gone skinnier or changed. When erect or not.. it doesnt looks as smooth at all anymore... much more wrinkly and rough. plus the veins are much more noticable?? can anyone explain this by any chance?

Thanks. btw (length is the same when erect)

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
About your penis tissue changes -- wrinkly, veins, shrinkage, skinnier -- I experienced the same thing towards the end of my 11 months on the drug and still am 20 months off, but I haven't tried anything that could help with it yet (been waiting for things to recover on their own) - but I am going to try some stuff very soon (within a week or two -- natural supplements only).

Best of my knowledge this type of thing is a combination of factors -- low androgens, prostate shrinkage due to finasteride, possibly low Nitric Oxide.

For example, see this study: http://www.asiaandro.com/1008-682X/5/33.htm

Low DHT via Finasteride can lead to tissue fibrosis/Peyronie's in a small percentage of men, which can be further compounded if you have low T after coming off the drug. So you need to verify your hormones and see if your Total Testosterone, Free/Bioavailable Testosterone and DHT are low or normal.

If you have low Total/Free/Bio T and DHT, you need to work with a Doctor to get those up via treatments like Clomid, hCG, Nolvadex or TRT. Or try natural supplements first like Tribulus, Tongkat Ali and the other stuff listed in the Naturals section of propeciahelp.com.

Other things that can help with fibrosis/Peyronie's are v**** before bed (stimulate nocturnal erections -- see this study: http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=572 ), L-Arginine before bed (increased Nitric Oxide), Vitamin E (natural, not synthetic @ 200-400iu/day -- do research on Peyronie's Disease treatments on Google), Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Pineapple juice (Bromelain), Ginkgo Biloba and Korean Ginseng.

The other thing to keep in mind is since Finasteride acts by shrinking the Prostate, and since the Prostate is involved in seminal fluid production and plays a role in erections/nerve stimulation, that your Prostate may have something to do with this too... you may also want to investigate the possibility of Prostatitis. Read this to understand the importance of the Prostate for male sexual health -- when its removed, sexual dysfunction, shrinkage etc occurs due to nerves/blood flow being cut: http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=521

I'm in the same boat as you and I know it sucks but over time things do improve somewhat. At least now I can get hard and have sex whereas when I quit I couldn't even get it up.

Do your research via the Studies section on propeciahelp.com and you should have a better idea of how to proceed with things. Blood tests and a Penile Ultrasound would probably be the best next step.

To all the naysayers -- this man is suffering and is in the exact same spot I was 16 months ago. It is not in his head and if you get these types of physical side effects, you will know they are real.

Best of luck Jon, and don't listen to these juvenile forum noobs who try to discount every single side effect of Finasteride just because they haven't experienced any (yet). Let the hard facts and scientific studies be your guide because they are the truth, unlike these guys who have nothing to backup their claims.

Mew.

Pondle

Reaction score
Mew said:

Rodent study.

Best of luck Jon, and don't listen to these juvenile forum noobs who try to discount every single side effect of Finasteride just because they haven't experienced any (yet).

Noobs? You've got, like, 5 posts?

Let the hard facts and scientific studies be your guide because they are the truth [...] Let the hard facts and scientific studies be your guide

Agreed. But don't assume that rodent models apply directly to humans.

powersam

Reaction score
Mew said:
Low DHT via Finasteride can lead to tissue fibrosis/Peyronie's in a small percentage of men, which can be further compounded if you have low T after coming off the drug.

please post the studies which prove this assertion. has this been a reported side effect in any of the numerous and long running HUMAN finasteride trials? not ones conducted on rats taking massive doses. werent those rats given 4.5mg per kg ?

JonA

Reaction score
well im proving its happend to me! quit arguing,, ok, so u dont believe it.. I understand.. now please go away lol.

Anyway,, thanks to that user for posting information,, thats very helpful. i have 1 more quiestion..

Have u herd of Gotu Kola??? will it help??