Need some advice with my regimen.

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I finally decided to start taking my hair loss seriously and am now working on my regimen and would love some advice. For the moment it includes 5% Rogaine and the Revivogen regrowth formula and shampoo. I also ordered some Nizoral shampoo and should be getting that some time soon.

I have a few questions. Firstly, how often should I apply the Revivogen stuff? Just once a day like it says or maybe more? I usually stick with twice a day for Rogaine but sometimes I do it three times. Also, when applying Rogaine and Revivogen, should I focus mainly on the places where there used to be hair but isnt anymore or on the hair thats still there to, you know, prevent it from falling out?

Is it ok to mix Rogaine with Revivogen or should I space them out? I usually apply Rogaine at like 10 am and 10 pm. When should I apply the Revivogen?

How often should I wash my hair with the Nizoral stuff? Does it matter that I got the 1% formula and not the 2%?

Finally, what else should I add to my regimen? I am probably gonna get some biotin as well. Its cheap could probably help a bit, right?

And on the subject of Propecia, I took it for a short while back in December, but after only my 11th pill started getting some pretty notable side effects and decided to stop before it got even worse. So ya, I dont think Propecia is in the cards for me. Other than that I am willing to try pretty much anything.

Thanks very much in advance!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
SimpsonKnight said:
And on the subject of Propecia, I took it for a short while back in December, but after only my 11th pill started getting some pretty notable side effects and decided to stop before it got even worse. So ya, I dont think Propecia is in the cards for me. Other than that I am willing to try pretty much anything.

I've already explained to you in great detail how you can go about replacing Propecia with a side effect-free treatment, but you're STILL talking about that? :)

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
Bryan said:
I've already explained to you in great detail how you can go about replacing Propecia with a side effect-free treatment, but you're STILL talking about that? :)

Well no, I am very glad you told me about Proxiphen and its definatelly something I am considering getting, but for now I wanna focus on, you know, stuff that isnt very expensive and stuff I can actually get in Canada. But if these things dont work all that well I most likely would get some Proxiphen.

I only mentioned Propecia in my first post to stop people from telling me to add Propecia to my regmen, which I am sure is what everyone was going to do. :)

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
Use Rogaine in the mornings and Revivogen in the evenings. You should also shampoo with nizoral 2 or 3 times a week.

Jacob

Reaction score
SimpsonKnight said:
Bryan said:

Well no, I am very glad you told me about Proxiphen and its definatelly something I am considering getting, but for now I wanna focus on, you know, stuff that isnt very expensive and stuff I can actually get in Canada. But if these things dont work all that well I most likely would get some Proxiphen.

I only mentioned Propecia in my first post to stop people from telling me to add Propecia to my regmen, which I am sure is what everyone was going to do. :)

You're still considering it after all that's been pointed out :shakehead:

Notice all the positive feedback on the crap all these years?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
You're still considering it after all that's been pointed out :shakehead:

Notice all the positive feedback on the crap all these years?

Nothing's been "pointed out". Not by YOU, anyway. _I_ am the one who has done that. I think it's about time that I post those RAVE reviews I have of Proxiphen, once again! :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Bryan...your memory is really suffering lately. Or..as I've been saying...you're no longer just *playing* dumb. That goes for your RAVE reviews as well. They're old...never heard from those ppl again....etc.

Jacob...your brain is really suffering lately. Or..as I've been saying...you're just a *dumbbell*.

As I already explained the first time I posted them, all those RAVE reviews came from alt.baldspot, which is why the authors haven't been "heard from" again; at least, not under the same name they used when they first posted those reviews.

Capiche?

Jacob

Reaction score
Yeah...capiche. In other words...they're old...they were never heard from again..it's HILARIOUS! Again..your memory...you're no longer *playing* dumb.....those threads.....etc......

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
To the Original Poster in this thread (SimpsonKnight): it's amazing, isn't it, that so many guys from the early days (10 or more years ago) had such nice things to say about Dr. Proctor's products, when we had nothing else around that time, other than finasteride and Rogaine (I'm acknowledging that finasteride may not have been "branded" as "Propecia" until sometime later)? That's a testament to Dr. Proctor's willingness to try NEW THINGS, not just the old old finasteride and minoxidil. For those of us who could afford to try these new ideas (I always acknowledge that these things aren't cheap), we're all the better for it! :bravo:

Jacob

Reaction score
And there he goes again. "when we had nothing else around that time". NOTHING else. If that were true..then yeah, it'd make sense to try something else, even if by a quack like Proctor(see my links above).

But Bryan is proving my point. Even if ppl had "nice things to say" about Prox etc back then- over 10 years ago ..that was a long time ago. NEW THINGS- over 10 years ago . The product is the same. There are plenty of other things to try these days, since there is no evidence for the claims being made...or reason for pushing such crap like Bryan does.

And Man in Space got banned...even if temporarily :shakehead:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
And there he goes again. "when we had nothing else around that time". NOTHING else. If that were true..then yeah, it'd make sense to try something else, even if by a quack like Proctor(see my links above).

Your "links above" had nothing at all to add to this discussion.

Jacob said:
But Bryan is proving my point. Even if ppl had "nice things to say" about Prox etc back then- over 10 years ago ..that was a long time ago. NEW THINGS- over 10 years ago .

Proxiphen and Prox-N have constantly evolved over the years. Here's just one example: a relatively recent addition to both of those formulas is TEMPO/TEMPOL and PBN. As I've mentioned in other threads, those substances may be among the most important ingredients of all! :woot:

Jacob said:
The product is the same. There are plenty of other things to try these days, since there is no evidence for the claims being made...or reason for pushing such crap like Bryan does.

The product is the result of constant tinkering around, trying various new ideas. The "evidence" for it is what he sees with his own two eyes, and what he sees in his patients; after all, he's a DOCTOR (both an MD and a PhD), and went to medical school. Where did YOU go to medical school, Jacob? :dunno:

Jacob said:
And Man in Space got banned...even if temporarily :shakehead:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
As I was saying.....the RAVE reviews are OLD...the product is OLD..those "recent" additions are OLD...your shill'n is...OLD.

ROTFLMAO!! Is that the best you can do? :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob always insists on having the last word! :laugh:

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it's been proven that most "balding" people spare no expenses when trying to keep their hair. There must be a few people on here that has tried the stuff, but there isn't any raving reviews of it. Personally, I wouldn't waste my money.

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
Lol, so, about my regimen, anyone have anymore advice? Like someone suggested on the first page, I try to apply Rogaine in the mornings, say 9 am, and then again at maybe around 7 or 8. And the Revivogen, like it suggests on the box, I apply an hour before bedtime so usually like 11ish. Hopefully these time frames will work ok.

Revigen is so smelly though. Its annoying. lol

On the subject of proxiphen, like the two people above me said, for now I think I am gonna stick with the more popular products and if they dont work very well Ill definitely consider proxiphen.

Jacob

Reaction score
Ben said:
If Proxiphen and Prox-N were effective the likely reason we dont see enough reviews is that the stuff is too expensive.

But as was pointed out a few other times...there are plenty of products these days that are that expensive and more. Although I suppose for the tiny amount of Prox you get..maybe not. But if it worked so well..especially if it worked as claimed...the price wouldn't matter to most.

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan, get the hell out of the threads and wasting people's time. Dr. Proctor won't even release the ingredients in proxiphen. There's far too many horror stories as well. Stop advertising.