Need Opinion On Hair Loss- 23 Years Old, Photos Attached

bananabodies

My Regimen
Reaction score
tinypic.com
tinypic.com

Hi everyone
I am 23 years old for the last 4 years i have been experiencing diffuse hair loss. I have been to my dermatologist who test my blood and said i had a iron deficiency. my thyroid and hormones were all normal. i have been on spiractin and metaformin and it has not helped. has anyone seen this kind of hairloss before? my dermatologist has been no help and i dont have anymore money to go and see another one. any advise would be really appreciated. i am really depressed and sad about my hair. i have been really embarrased about this and now hoping to get some help on this forum.

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 612
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 619
  • hair3.jpg
    hair3.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 654

Alopecia to Afro

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Bananabodies, not sure if you have an answer yet, but has anyone ever mention Telegen Effluvium.
Telogen Effluvium: A condition where the hair falls out, sheds or thins usually on top of head after "a shock to the system" Causes could come from hormonal stress, medication, metabolic. The hair is prematurely pushed into the resting state. This condition is reversible.
I would be glad to speak with or discuss this with you. Good luck. We are not our hair.

Swiss_Tampons

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tinypic.com
tinypic.com

Hi everyone
I am 23 years old for the last 4 years i have been experiencing diffuse hair loss. I have been to my dermatologist who test my blood and said i had a iron deficiency. my thyroid and hormones were all normal. i have been on spiractin and metaformin and it has not helped. has anyone seen this kind of hairloss before? my dermatologist has been no help and i dont have anymore money to go and see another one. any advise would be really appreciated. i am really depressed and sad about my hair. i have been really embarrased about this and now hoping to get some help on this forum.

What's your family baldness history? You'd better be afraid of searching for a hidden reason of your hair loss while time passes and you lose ground. finasteride and minoxidil are the most likely path you'll have to follow.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your family baldness history? You'd better be afraid of searching for a hidden reason of your hair loss while time passes and you lose ground. finasteride and minoxidil are the most likely path you'll have to follow.

Well said. It's true. I'm at the point in my late forties. Too late to get any significant gain at all.

I have a better chance of winning the ten million dollar lottery. Now I have to use strong medications, which
feminize me to grow my hair back.

It sucks to be me.

VanesaJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great point!

And does it matter to have a diagnosis of your particular type of hairloss? From what I have heard, everything depends on how the medication affects you.

I keep getting warnings that you should not go for medication based on a diagnosis (or that it shouldn't stop there). You have to keep on just trying anything that is available until the point where you should be seeing results.

New to all of this, so I might have got some bad info. But in my experience with all medication, that does seem to be the case. Just having a disease that is treated with a particular prescription does not mean that it is a cure for you.

From what I have been reading, even with the same "type" of hairloss, there can be multiple ways to arrive at it. And if something has more than one cause, fighting it can be a bit of a trial and error.

LusciousLadyLocks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Banana, if you're a woman, minoxidil works better for women than men and tends to regrow hair very well in younger women particularly. Just use it.

Pre-menopausal women do not use finasteride unless they are permanently sterilized. That's a terrible idea unless you want your sons to have deformed genitalia and who know what else for both genders of children. Good news is that you're unlikely to need it. I lost half my hair and am growing it all back without any oral drugs. :) Even my hairline--which I hadn't noticed had receded slightly--jumped forward back to where it was when I was 16.

shypie789

My Regimen
Reaction score
tinypic.com
tinypic.com

Hi everyone

Hey! I'm turning 21 this year and I faced a deficiency in ferritin (iron level stores) please click on my profile and then click on postings to read my story. I'll answer any questions to you have there!