Need opinion on hair grafting (FUT) on 24 yo male

s.a.f

Reaction score
Well at least you never fell for the back of the magazines ads scams. :oops:
You have to research properly to find the Dr who is best for your needs. Armani is known for doing low dense hairlines on mostly young patients, but with my excessive loss thats not really any good for me.
Hassan and wong are a great choice and lead the way when it comes to megasessions, they've been known to do 7000+!
But I went for Feller because I've seen loads of satisfied customers and never heard anyone with a genuine complaint (ie: he's a safe bet and an ethical surgeon). Also he is conservative with his work and especially hairlines. He tends to cater to the more mature patients who are happy to have more mature looking hairlines and that suited me better. Also he is cheaper than most of the top Dr's infact with the strong £ it will probably work out cheaper to go to Feller than Rogers.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks saf.

I'm not the 20 somthin either looking for a low hairline. I would just be happy with a hairline instead of the diffuse receding one I have now. Brad Pitt look would be great from Armani but it wouldn't last and donor hair would be heavily used giving limited future proofing

From what you say maybe Feller would be good for me too, i'll look him up. He has a consultant here in the UK I thought I saw from antoher poster. I should at least make some comparisons with Rogers before deciding, I do want to do this right if i'm going to do it.

Thanks for all our advice, nothin better than someone whos been there and done it.

Cheers,

Nick

jared_24

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry for even more negative responses I'm giving.... but I've just been reading more responses from guys that have been on propecia for 2+ years and have suffered some pretty serious, (allegedly) irreversible side effects with sexual function (i.e. loss of libido, erectile difficulties etc.) and have permanantly messed up their hormones.

Is there anybody on here that has been taking propecia continously for 2+ years and have NOT suffered from these side effects??? If i'm going to be running the risk of suffering from those sides, then I think I'd rather loose my hair.... being young and having to go through the above sounds a lot more traumatic than loosing hair!!

Another question, do you use Nizoral shampoo ASWELL as other shampoo's, or just that one? The thing is I like to wash my hair everyday - would it make a difference if i were to use Nizoral every 2/3 days, and use another shampoo inbetween? (for the record I'm currently using pregaine shampoo)

G

jared_24 said:
JayMan said:
i jumped ship to avodart after a month and a half on finasteride bceause i wanted more regrowth and more thickening than finasteride could provide. finasteride is not a bad drug but i don't regret making the switch because i've had subtsantial regrowth from avodart. it generally regrows more hair and provides better maintenance of your existing hair as well.

Sounds like the Avodart route is really working well for you.... :)

just a couple of questions -
1. How long have you been taking it?
2. have you experienced any bad side effects so far?
3. Where are you buying it from / how much do you pay for it?

I spoke with my GP this morning and he was very anti Propercia and dutasteride and advised me not to take them due to the hormonal changes it does to your body. I'm still going to go for it though - I'll try it for about 6-12 months or so and see how well I respond to it.

Only problem now is trying to find a regular supplier of dutasteride. There's no way my GP will prescribe it for me..... buying it online does seem a bit risky (and expensive - £75 / $148 for a 30 day supply!)

I've been taking it since August 21, 2006, so 9+ months on Avodart here. No bad side effects. I am buying it from my local US pharmacy and pay $360 a year because insurance covers part.

G

jared_24 said:
Sorry for even more negative responses I'm giving.... but I've just been reading more responses from guys that have been on propecia for 2+ years and have suffered some pretty serious, (allegedly) irreversible side effects with sexual function (i.e. loss of libido, erectile difficulties etc.) and have permanantly messed up their hormones.

Is there anybody on here that has been taking propecia continously for 2+ years and have NOT suffered from these side effects??? If i'm going to be running the risk of suffering from those sides, then I think I'd rather loose my hair.... being young and having to go through the above sounds a lot more traumatic than loosing hair!!

Another question, do you use Nizoral shampoo ASWELL as other shampoo's, or just that one? The thing is I like to wash my hair everyday - would it make a difference if i were to use Nizoral every 2/3 days, and use another shampoo inbetween? (for the record I'm currently using pregaine shampoo)

bubka has used it for 6 or 7 years and has no sides. cassin has also used it for more than 2 years with no sides. so has collegechemistrystudent. plenty of people on here have used propecia with no sides. plenty are also using avodart with no sides.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
jared_24 said:

Is there anybody on here that has been taking propecia continously for 2+ years and have NOT suffered from these side effects???

like its been said many times before,the guys who get side effects are bound to post here and its going to seem like every tom dick and harry has side effects,but of course they dont,only 2% do

ive been on finasteride for nearly 20 months and no probs whatsoever-the only side effect i have is an increased libido :lol:

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I has severe tiredness as a side on finasteride so after 2-3 months I lowered the dose. Its tollerable on 0.25Mg per day. Its rare to get severe sides so you should not let it put you off.

finasteride's not working for me though and I don't think its going to.

Thinking about moving to dutasteride to see if that may work but worried about increased sides and that it could make things worse. finasteride has accelerated loss for me so far instead of slowing it down..there are a few of us here that its not helping, there are no guarantees but for many it does work so you have to try it if you want to do something positive.