need help with toppik on crown

nomdeplume

Reaction score
hey guys,
I'm 25 and I have a really thin crown. I've been using toppik for about a year now with mixed results. At first it worked really well, but more recently I notice that the toppik either doesn't stay on my head OR it just gets all clumpy and sticks to my scalp and looks really awful. I'm using the fiberhold spray with it as well, and it isn't helping at all.

could it be that I'm just so thin on top that toppik just doesnt work for me anymore? or I'm I applying it incorrectly? if anyone has any insight or tips/tricks to using the stuff, please post.

I've attached a recent picture of my bald crown.

Attachments

• Picture 153.jpg
    Picture 153.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 492

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
My guess is that the Toppik isn't sticking because you're so thin on your crown. I have a couple suggestions:

1.) Comb your hair straight back over your head, creating kind of a double layer of hair (what you have + what you're combing over it) and then apply Toppik. There will be more hair in that area for the Toppik to stick to. Try some wax or hair spray to keep your hair pushed back.

2.) Use Dermatch on your crown first so the hairs separate from one another, then apply Toppik. This way the fibers will have "more" hair to stick to.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
yer not too thin..im thinner and it worked fine for me..but as the other poster said..apply dermmatch first..thats what i did..i have tried both with or without dermmatch and finds its much better with dermmatch..just try and see whats best for you

some guy here said he even uses toppik with a buzzed head..he said he'd make a video but hasnt really said anything since he said..so i dont know

s.a.f

Reaction score
From your pic you look like an ideal candidate for toppic but the key is to think 'improvement' not full no m.p.b at all looking head of hair. A little goes a long way with this stuff.
Used right it'll give you a better looking head of hair but go overboard trying to get hair like brad pitt and you'll end up looking unnatural.

mickeyblueyes

Reaction score
Try toppik hair fattner it will really help. apply and alllow to dry but u can get away with applying the toppik when its almost dry. your use less toppik fibres aswell.