Need help with first system and Pu surrounding

idontevensteven

Reaction score
Hey guys got my first system today just a little question it have with a pu coating around the perimetre or whatever I don't understand how it could be a good hair line?
anyone else have any idea? Please let me know I need to return it in a few days if I decide to.

Noah

Reaction score
You're right. A piece which has poly at the front cannot produce a good hairline, and is only really suitable for wearing with the hair combed down, covering the hairline. You need a lace or thinskin piece if you want to show hairline.

idontevensteven

Reaction score
You're right. A piece which has poly at the front cannot produce a good hairline, and is only really suitable for wearing with the hair combed down, covering the hairline. You need a lace or thinskin piece if you want to show hairline.

I have my hair down so thats okay does it look passable? like if its glued down propperly can you really tell? also are there any tricks? like leaving a bit of hair at the very front? please let me know probs gonna have to try and return it

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair combed back and forward with hairspray is best.

Was there any lace to be cut off?

Is it a stock or custom piece?

Did supplier talk you through the order and implications?

idontevensteven

Reaction score
Hair combed back and forward with hairspray is best.

Was there any lace to be cut off?

Is it a stock or custom piece?

Did supplier talk you through the order and implications?

No lace to be cut off it had a pu perimetre I didnt notice when I bought it. It's stock
Not really I went to a Asian dealer so the English wasnt the best of course.

I don't know if it'd be good

Noah

Reaction score
I have my hair down so thats okay does it look passable? like if its glued down propperly can you really tell? also are there any tricks? like leaving a bit of hair at the very front? please let me know probs gonna have to try and return it

Lots of guys wear them that way and are OK with it. The problem is that if someone brushes your hair back they are going to see the hard edge and realise that it is a piece, so not suitable if you are trying to keep it secret from people close to you. Also, the same thing could happen in a strong wing - fringe gets blown back and the hard unrealistic-looking edge is exposed, giving the thing away. It's a personal choice of course, but my personal feeling is that if you have had the initiative to do a bit of research and end up on this board, you can do better, and should be aiming for a lace front or maybe a fine skin front.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have purchased directly from the Chinese and pieces do seem to have an issue one way or another. Best to return it if you have that option. Its not something you can keep secret especially if you lack confidence in the unit.

Think about custom made and a fine lace front to start.

idontevensteven

Reaction score
I have purchased directly from the Chinese and pieces do seem to have an issue one way or another. Best to return it if you have that option. Its not something you can keep secret especially if you lack confidence in the unit.

Think about custom made and a fine lace front to start.

Yes I am not very rich im gonna get a bettet chinese lace front or one from northwest lace its about 140 for a system but then 150 per hour cut in which i think is insane and theyre one only place in my city its bull**** >,>

- - - Updated - - -

Also can someone tell me what if i leve some hair at the very front and glue it behind? Would that cover?

George W Hitler

Reaction score
Hello to original poster and y'all!

I originally started with a piece like the one you mention - I came to call them "Beatles' hair" - because it limited what you could do. I later had pieces with a lace but - the density of the hair was too thick - and this became a problem with a lot of places. I am changing to a new co this week - and apparently it will be a lot less dense. Am also told that you should not have the hair too dark because the knots tend to show.
Hope this helps in some way!

George!