Need Help! 21 year old on Dutasteride, losing hope & hair. What other solutions are left for me?

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started it this week, no side effects so far. It contains two estrogens - estriol and estradiol. Topical estradiol has a half life of about 36 hours and estriol is about half of that. Something you may get results from even if you don't apply it everyday. I'm probably going to use it daily, but if I get sides I'll start spacing it out.
Hm what kind of side effects usually come with these creams? & are they reversible once you’re off it? I hope it doesn’t affect my beard lol

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean no results as in i’m still balding. i know i have to find another way, that’s why i’m on this forum. I appreciate your input but i’m going to continue with Dutasteride
If you are continuing balding despite the fact that you are inhibiting almost 100 % of your DHT, you should try something else. Why keep doing something that didn't work ?

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are continuing balding despite the fact that you are inhibiting almost 100 % of your DHT, you should try something else. Why keep doing something that didn't work ?
Because it’s slowed down my balding. & it’s just a pill it’s not something i’m working hard to do. No side effects whatsoever. I know i should try something else that’s why i’m here. I’ll try something else but continue to take dutasteride.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because it’s slowed down my balding. & it’s just a pill it’s not something i’m working hard to do. No side effects whatsoever. I know i should try something else that’s why i’m here. I’ll try something else but continue to take dutasteride.
To be fair, if you're looking to make some progress you're going to have to work hard.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hm what kind of side effects usually come with these creams? & are they reversible once you’re off it? I hope it doesn’t affect my beard lol
It seems to vary from person to person. Really not a common treatment like finasteride and minoxidil. I'd say it depends on a lot of things, namely genetics and hormonal profile, but also your fitness activities (which affects the hormonal pathway), and of course it depends on the type, dosage, and frequency of estrogen. But, from what I have read it is unlikely to really affect the beard.

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems to vary from person to person. Really not a common treatment like finasteride and minoxidil. I'd say it depends on a lot of things, namely genetic profile, but also your fitness activities (which affects the hormonal pathway), and of course it depends on the type, dosage, and frequency of estrogen. But, from what I have read it is unlikely to really affect the
not sure if this matters but i seem to have a lot of testosterone. i’m really hairy, high metabolism, everything. Would that mean i have to up the dose so it actually has an effect? Or how does it work

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
not sure if this matters but i seem to have a lot of testosterone. i’m really hairy, high metabolism, everything. Would that mean i have to up the dose so it actually has an effect? Or how does it work
From my understanding, estrogen works independently from testosterone. Whereas antiandrogens need to be very powerful in order to reduce DHT/T in the scalp, it appears that even small amounts of estrogen can spur on the growth cycle. AAs are essentially antagonists to hair loss, whereas estrogen is an agonist for growth and regrowth. It appears that estrogen is stimulative, whereas AAs are more-or-less protective. But I can say, at least from an empirical standpoint, those who get the best results are those who use a combination of both.

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i see, i understand what you’re saying makes perfect sense. Do you know where i could find some more information on this product? Maybe some articles on how it works on men’s hair loss, side effects, etc? & where i could buy it?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i see, i understand what you’re saying makes perfect sense. Do you know where i could find some more information on this product? Maybe some articles on how it works on men’s hair loss, side effects, etc? & where i could buy it?
Finding anything on it insofar as an article is going to be a hard sell. I've just been reading about it on the forums. There haven't been studies on these products in regards to hair loss, so we must rely on the practical experiences of users like on this forum. The people who get serious regrowth are all doing some kind of experimental treatments in their regimen.

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finding anything on it insofar as an article is going to be a hard sell. I've just been reading about it on the forums. There haven't been studies on these products in regards to hair loss, so we must rely on the practical experiences of users like on this forum. The people who get serious regrowth are all doing some kind of experimental treatments in their regimen.
you mind pointing me to some links of forum posts? & could i have the name of the product & where i could buy it?

jazz1

Reaction score
I tried Finasteride for a over a year. & now i use generic Dutasterise. it’s just a generic Costco brand
Try using the legit brand and see?

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If dutasteride hasn't done much, you're going to need something powerful. The most powerful treatments (without chemically castrating yourself) are oral minoxidil, RU, and estrogen.

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If dutasteride hasn't done much, you're going to need something powerful. The most powerful treatments (without chemically castrating yourself) are oral minoxidil, RU, and estrogen.
oral minoxidil was something i was really interested in. ive heard it has some pretty bad side effects to your face though. any way i could counter those sides? Bc if so i’ll be on it asap. RU has such a short half life so not really for me. & Estrogen i’m still unsure about bc i don’t really know what you do with it. Do you just apply the cream to your scalp once a day or? Can’t remember any severe side effects from that tbh

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
oral minoxidil was something i was really interested in. ive heard it has some pretty bad side effects to your face though. any way i could counter those sides? Bc if so i’ll be on it asap. RU has such a short half life so not really for me. & Estrogen i’m still unsure about bc i don’t really know what you do with it. Do you just apply the cream to your scalp once a day or? Can’t remember any severe side effects from that tbh
To mitigate minoxidil sides, perhaps a diuretic, and using estrogen cream on the face for collagen.

I just started estrogen cream two weeks ago. You could probably even apply it every other day if necessary since the half life is going to be around 24 hours.

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To mitigate minoxidil sides, perhaps a diuretic, and using estrogen cream on the face for collagen.

I just started estrogen cream two weeks ago. You could probably even apply it every other day if necessary since the half life is going to be around 24 hours.
why would i need to use a diuretic? & do you think i could just use any other anti aging stuff i have in my bathroom rather than estrogen cream? i’m scared it’ll take the beard away lol. Maybe they have collagen pills?