Need Help! 21 year old on Dutasteride, losing hope & hair. What other solutions are left for me?

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there guys, over the years i’ve tried
Finasteride
Minoxidil
& now Dutasteride with no results whatsoever. I’m still using Dutasteride i’m 11 months in no regrowth the hair loss has slowed down but i’m still losing. I’m using Dermmatch to conceal the thinning but it’s only a matter of time before it stops working. Since i’m using a concealer I can’t use a topical that i’d have to apply every day. Somebody please help me i don’t want to lose my hair so young.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride
Minoxidil
& now Dutasteride with no results whatsoever. I’m still using Dutasteride i’m 11 months in no regrowth the hair loss has slowed down but i’m still losing. I’m using Dermmatch to conceal the thinning but it’s only a matter of time before it stops working. Since i’m using a concealer I can’t use a topical that i’d have to apply every day. Somebody please help me i don’t want to lose my hair so young.
Try CB or RU

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i’ve heard of RU & some said it wasn’t affective but i’m open to it. What’s CB?
Those are topical antiandrogens.

The reason you may be continuing to lose hair is because you haven't used any treatments that address T, not just DHT. In fact, both finasteride and dutasteride actually increase T. Especially if your loss is concentrated at the hair line, it seems that those hairs are either more sensitive to T, or more dependent on E, or both. In order to gain regrowth in those areas, it appears to be important to use an antiandrogen like RU, CB, fluridil, etc or some kind of estrogen in order to stimulate regrowth in that area. Often times I see people taking a DHT blocker like finasteride or duta, even with minoxidil, and they still lose ground. I believe it's usually because they aren't addressing the T/E pathway.

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are topical antiandrogens.

The reason you may be continuing to lose hair is because you haven't used any treatments that address T, not just DHT. In fact, both finasteride and dutasteride actually increase T. Especially if your loss is concentrated at the hair line, it seems that those hairs are either more sensitive to T, or more dependent on E, or both. In order to gain regrowth in those areas, it appears to be important to use an antiandrogen like RU, CB, fluridil, etc or some kind of estrogen in order to stimulate regrowth in that area. Often times I see people taking a DHT blocker like finasteride or duta, even with minoxidil, and they still lose ground. I believe it's usually because they aren't addressing the T/E pathway.
huh, didn’t know testosterone also leads to hair loss. Can you apply any/all of them daily? Bc i use Dermmatch i keep it in for a couple of days. Are there any where i could apply it every few days? That’d be ideal for my situation. Thanks for the response btw!

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
huh, didn’t know testosterone also leads to hair loss. Can you apply any/all of them daily? Bc i use Dermmatch i keep it in for a couple of days. Are there any where i could apply it every few days? That’d be ideal for my situation. Thanks for the response btw!
Unfortunately most of them have short half lives of a few hours. I am not sure about estrogen, though. However estrogen might be the best if you are only using it a few times a week; I haven't personally tried it as of yet but I hear that it's powerful.

If you haven't tried the oral version of minoxidil I would suggest that.

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately most of them have short half lives of a few hours. I am not sure about estrogen, though. However estrogen might be the best if you are only using it a few times a week; I haven't personally tried it as of yet but I hear that it's powerful.

If you haven't tried the oral version of minoxidil I would suggest that.
estrogen sounds scary but i’ll look into it. i hear oral minoxidil gives you heart problems & wrinkles. as someone who already has heart problems & wants to prevent wrinkles, i think it’s a no go. I know topical dutasteride you can apply every few days/week, but that only deals with DHT not T right? Sounds like i’m just out of options.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
estrogen sounds scary but i’ll look into it. i hear oral minoxidil gives you heart problems & wrinkles. as someone who already has heart problems & wants to prevent wrinkles, i think it’s a no go. I know topical dutasteride you can apply every few days/week, but that only deals with DHT not T right? Sounds like i’m just out of options.
Correct. Topically your best bet is probably something like RU or CB.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
By the way I still apply my minoxidil over my concealer at night. I know it still penetrates since I get the itch next morning that nizoral corrects

jazz1

Reaction score
What brand Dutasteride are you using legit or generic? You tried Finasteride?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride
Minoxidil
What exactly you mean with no results ? Even if you remove your testicle, you will not have a full regrowth. the only thing that really matter, is to stop the advance of the balding areas. Anyway, if you are inhibiting almost 100 % of your DHT and you are still balding, you must find another way. Plus, is not an smart idea to use dutasteride, there was a reason why GSK never did phase 3 in USA .

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
What exactly you mean with no results ? Even if you remove your testicle, you will not have a full regrowth. the only thing that really matter, is to stop the advance of the balding areas. Anyway, if you are inhibiting almost 100 % of your DHT and you are still balding, you must find another way. Plus, is not an smart idea to use dutasteride, there was a reason why GSK never did phase 3 in USA .
And besides the fact that it would have lost them money, it is?

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean no results as in i’m still balding. i know i have to find another way, that’s why i’m on this forum. I appreciate your input but i’m going to continue with Dutasteride

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe try dermarolling/needling etc. once a week with bi-estro, which has a long half life.

Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hmm, any side effects to bi-estro? I’m guessing it’s like an estrogen cream?
I just started it this week, no side effects so far. It contains two estrogens - estriol and estradiol. Topical estradiol has a half life of about 36 hours and estriol is about half of that. Something you may get results from even if you don't apply it everyday. I'm probably going to use it daily, but if I get sides I'll start spacing it out.