Need An Opinion For What To Add Next...

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been on Finasteride and Nizoral shampoo for a year and minoxidil and dermarolling for 4 months. So far I have totally maintained my hair with a little bit of overall thickening. My hair loss was very minor from the start and I caught it at a great time. However I still have a little bit of thinning going on at the front of my scalp. I wanted to add either RU in nightly or dutasteride a couple times of week (like 2-3 times) to attempt to thicken it up.

dutasteride:

Pros - Cheaper than RU, actually has a lot of prove behind it working
Cons - I'm kind of a "girly" guy (patchy facial hair, gain weight in my hips, aka low DHT) so I'm worried about getting sides. Although I haven't gotten any sides on finasteride.

RU:

Pros - Using it nightly may have more of an impact that dutasteride a couple times a week. Attacking the problem of hair loss from another angle. """""""No sides"""""""
Cons - Have to make my own batches (moved back home with my parents for grad school so they'll probably be freaked out seeing me mixing up chemicals), pricey, might not even really work, no true studies on the possible side effects.

Thoughts? Attached are pictures of my hair wet, slicked back, under harsh light.
IMG_1229.JPG
IMG_1226.JPG
IMG_1223.JPG
IMG_1222.JPG

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude you've got a strong hairline and no sign of thinning on top. I understand that as a young guy, you would want to take the opportunity to maximize the gain etc, but think of it this way...your regimen is very much the same as mine, yet I am much older with much more advanced (NW3) hair loss.
I have added on RU since 3 months ago (own batches). No sides and no signs of shedding. As you said,there is a lack of conclusive evidence that it would actually achieve anything, but at this stage of my hairloss/age I am prepared to give it a shot as an addition.
Unless your finance isn't an issue, I would simply continue with the Finasteride,minoxidil,Nizoral and dermarolling. Perhaps consider switching to dutasteride from Finasteride at a later stage if you feel that you further recede, rather than adding it on now?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Either add CBT or some type of medication for your BDD. Your hair is fine.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am in a similar situation bro . i would like to add duta , because i would be in a peace of mind ; with duta 99 % of stopping hairloss , but i am too prone to sides effect .
SO better be safe , and stick with propecia and minoxidil waiting for the cure .
you could end up like me , wanted to upgrade my regimen and having gyno, end of the story i an worse now , because i have to drop propecia for one or two month .
So be happy with what you have , and becareful with duta , if you are kinda prone to oestrogen sides .

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing unless I start to loss major ground.