need a product for vacation

cookcubed

Reaction score
Ok, so I am going on a trip to Europe in a couple months, and I need a concealer that is portable, quick, easy to apply, and hard to notice. Now I currently use dermmatch and it works fairly well, but I am worried that in Europe it will take to long to apply and be odvious that i am taking all the time to use it in the morning. I am thinking that Toppik may be easier to use becuase I can just sprinkle it on real quick after my shower and go. Btw I just have mild diffuse thinning over the whole top of my head.

If anything I will just not use any concealer for my trip becasue it is going to be the trip of a lifetime and i wont let anything ruin it!

RP

Established Member
Reaction score
Toppik vs. Dermmatch

Hi!

I wouldn`t recommend Toppik. In my opinion Dermmatch is superior compared to Toppik. When I have used Toppik I have always been a bit paranoid if people would notice it. Since it does look a bit strange especially under bright lights (elevators, office lights etc.) or under sun. And it definetly makes your scalp look dirty and odd (I tried the medium brown colour).

It takes some practice to learn to apply Dermmatch properly. I keep my hair quite short and have some diffuse thinning in the frontal part. When I apply Dermmatch I dont paint my scalp with it, but instead put it only on the hairs. If you are in a hurry you can use a blowdryer to speed up the process.

I just spent two weeks on a holiday in Greece and I used Dermmatch the whole time. Nobody noticed (and believe me, my friends would have told me immedietly if they had suspected anything).

I have also tried Kerasome, but Dermmatch is cheaper and looks better.

Have fun here in Europe!

cookcubed

Reaction score
Well I just tried Toppik, and I like it alot better than dermmatch. It seems more natural to me, and also looks more natural IMO. Also it is much easier to apply. Now, the only drawback is that it comes off much easier. I have been applying it first right after the shower, and then about 10 min later, I put garnier surf hair wax in my hair and style it.
Is there a better way for me to do this and make it stay in better and less messy?
Overall both are great, but Toppik works better for me becasue I have diffuse thinning all over the top of my head.

mr_misterr

Reaction score
I've used Toppick & Dermatch but none of those compares to Hair Thickening sprays for ease of use and results. I cant believe no one mentions sprays. The problem with Dermatch is that its great at concealing but your hair will still look thin. Sprays thicken and conceal. It also provides better coverage and so quick to use.
Trust me I've been using it for over 10 years. I have black hair and it works wonders so I cannot say for other hair colours.
Just do a search on the internet for "hair thickening sprays" or "hair concealer sprays".
Theres no harm in trying

" Would you paint a car with a brush or paint spray? "
Dermatch vs Hair Thickening Sprays

FunkTube

Reaction score
Misterr, how about listing the products you use...are we talking ron popeil sh*t, or something legit? Please list the exact stuff youve used and liked... :D