need a better wax/gel

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
alright guys, i'm sure someone in here has the same problem as me. I've tried a bunch of different gels/waxes and i spend all this time trying to make my hair spike up too look nice, then by hour 1, it all falls flat. Its weird, its like my hair just soaks it all up. Mostly i just use american crew fiber wax (which is what i used pretty much the last four years) but lately experimented with Bed head manipulator, i've tried just regular old typical gels, i tried some garnier fiber gum, they all just soak right into my hair and then it just falls flat, its so weird!! I'll put a sh*t ton of gel on my hand, rub it in, and fifteen minutes later its like i never put any on, my hair doesn't even harden up like most people's to that crusty look. whats the deal? has anyone found a damn gel that holds hair up with a more dryish look? i'll pay any amount.

who's had this problem and found a solution!

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
wax i use is a salon style spray wax called kewi colorflector manipulating wax. they sell it in the northern states by me, dont know about anywhere else. I love the stuff, makes my hair look dark and rich. Hmm... the price tag is still on this can, 11.65 for a 3 oz. bottle.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'll try it out! thanks... can you shape with it? or do you just style your hair, then just spray it on?

any other ideas? i just want something to spike my hair up messy-look, and see how it looks in the mirror, get it to where i want it, then not worry about it for the rest of the day.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
i style my hair and spray it on, its not really thick enough to shape with it... but it does achieve that dry look. which i like cuz it makes my hair look fuller.

WindyCityHair

Reaction score
I use this molding paste by KMS. It holds great and lasts all day. Hides my thinning spots pretty well too.

It's called KMS hair play molding paste.

I've seen it at my local drug store. It's pretty expensive though. $18 Canadian for a 100ML, but my aunt works for KMS so I get all their styling products for free.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
garnier fructis "SURF HAIR" molding clay.

cheap, smells great and lasts long.

strong hold too. great if your going for the messy look, beware though it is extremely sticky as any other wax/clay is so carefully spike it.

johnboy

Reaction score
CREW Light hold, I was advised by this hairstylist to use. Not that that makes that much of a difference. For the dry look that you are talking about. I get out of the shower, towel dry my hair, take just a little and run it through, brush slightly, and presto. It gives you hair a strong, healthy, slightly shiny look.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
johnboy said:
CREW Light hold, I was advised by this hairstylist to use. Not that that makes that much of a difference. For the dry look that you are talking about. I get out of the shower, towel dry my hair, take just a little and run it through, brush slightly, and presto. It gives you hair a strong, healthy, slightly shiny look.

what is it? a wax? a gel? thanks for all the great responses guys! keep em coming

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that's what i use now. it falls down over the course of the day.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
dd