Naturally Occurring Hair Growth Peptide

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
J Med Food. 2018 Mar 27. doi: 10.1089/jmf.2017.4101. [Epub ahead of print]
Naturally Occurring Hair Growth Peptide: Water-Soluble Chicken Egg Yolk Peptides Stimulate Hair Growth Through Induction of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Production.
Nakamura T1, Yamamura H2, Park K3, Pereira C1, Uchida Y1, Horie N1, Kim M1, Itami S4.
Author information
1 Pharma Foods International Co. Ltd. , Kyoto, Japan .
2 Charle Co. Ltd. , Kobe, Japan .
3 Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Hallym University , Gangwon-do, Republic of Korea.
4 Department of Regenerative Dermatology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine , Osaka, Japan .
Abstract
Alopecia is divided into two categories: androgenic alopecia and nonandrogenic alopecia. An androgen-dependent abnormality of biological functions causes alopecia in males, but the role of androgens is not yet elucidated in female pattern hair loss (FPHL). Modulation of androgenic activity is not effective in certain kinds of androgenic alopecia in females, as well as in cases of nonandrogenic alopecia in males and females. The hair growth drug, minoxidil, stimulates vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) production as well as vascularization and hair growth in females. Yet, because minoxidil has side effects with long-term use, a safe alternative hair growth agent is needed. Whereas hair develops after birth in mammalian species, hair mostly grows in a precocial bird, in the chicken, between hatching day 14 and 15. Therefore, we hypothesized that the chicken egg contains a key hair growth factor. In this study, we demonstrated that water-soluble peptides derived from the egg yolk stimulate VEGF production and human hair follicle dermal papilla cell growth. We also found that these peptides enhance murine hair growth and improve hair growth in FPHL. Finally, we characterized that water-soluble egg yolk peptides induce VEGF expression through insulin growth factor-1 receptor activation-induced hypoxia-inducible factor-1α transcription pathway. We have given the name 'hair growth peptide (HGP)' to this water-soluble egg yolk peptide.

KEYWORDS:
IGF-1 receptor; VEGF; alopecia; chicken egg; female pattern hair loss

PMID:
DOI:
10.1089/jmf.2017.4101

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm often left with egg on my face, but now I shall apply them to my bald spot. Joking.

It would be nice to see further research and product development stem from this discovery. Good find!

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr Hieronymus P. Stevens, Binckhorstlaan 147, The Hague, ZH, 2516
BA, The Netherlands.
E-mail: stevens.hp@gmail(dot)com

baldco

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wasn't there someone making a topical IGF-1 solution for hairloss? Science is solid on this as people on Metformin tend to thin or have stunted growth rate of hair. Increase in IGF-1 = increase in VEGF + Dermarolling would be a great for hair growth.
This pre/post image are look good.

Page1.jpg

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been interested in increasing angiogenic factors, and VEGF in particular, because of the nootropic benefits. Uncaria Rhynchophylla is the most potent thing I have found at this regard.

When looking at angiogenesis, a 70% ethanolic extract of the root in HUVEC cells noted that concentrations as low as 100ng/mL enhanced cell proliferation (21.1%) reaching up to 45.5% at 10μg/mL; this proliferative effect was blocked with antibodies against VEGF and bFGF.[79] HUVEC cell migration was also enhanced 9.7-fold to at 25μg/mL, and uncaria rhynchophylla was noted to increase VEGF and bFGF mRNA expression and secretion in the concentration range of 1-100μg/mL (bFGF influenced more potently).[79]

This angiogenic property of the 70% ethanolic extract was confirmed in mice injected with 25μg of the extract where it promoted blood vessel formation with similar potency to 100ng bFGF.[79]

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been interested in increasing angiogenic factors, and VEGF in particular, because of the nootropic benefits. Uncaria Rhynchophylla is the most potent thing I have found at this regard.

When looking at angiogenesis, a 70% ethanolic extract of the root in HUVEC cells noted that concentrations as low as 100ng/mL enhanced cell proliferation (21.1%) reaching up to 45.5% at 10μg/mL; this proliferative effect was blocked with antibodies against VEGF and bFGF.[79] HUVEC cell migration was also enhanced 9.7-fold to at 25μg/mL, and uncaria rhynchophylla was noted to increase VEGF and bFGF mRNA expression and secretion in the concentration range of 1-100μg/mL (bFGF influenced more potently).[79]

This angiogenic property of the 70% ethanolic extract was confirmed in mice injected with 25μg of the extract where it promoted blood vessel formation with similar potency to 100ng bFGF.[79]
INteresting! So theres a possible topical we could make!!

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dig into it to and saw things about
Astragalus/Rehmannia and Eclipta Alba

Wonder if a combination of supplementing and topical would work!?

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dig into it to and saw things about
Astragalus/Rehmannia and Eclipta Alba

Wonder if a combination of supplementing and topical would work!?

Everything that you are reading is probably written by me, since it was in my thread that this product was recommended and I have using and writting in Reddit and Longecity about Astragalus plus Rehmannia as a wound healing treatment and Eclipta Alba as a hair promoter.

The issue with this product is that it is not sent to Spain, as I stated in Reddit.

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, hypoxia-inducible factor-1α can be activated very potently with Noopept.

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything that you are reading is probably written by me, since it was in my thread that this product was recommended and I have using and writting in Reddit and Longecity about Astragalus plus Rehmannia as a wound healing treatment and Eclipta Alba as a hair promoter.

The issue with this product is that it is not sent to Spain, as I stated in Reddit.

Ajahah okay! Well i live in canada and probably can get all of this! What would be your recommandation then?

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ajahah okay! Well i live in canada and probably can get all of this! What would be your recommandation then?

Try that one, of course. Although, Bristol Botanicals sell tinctures, that may be better for topical application. If you are not interested in ingesting it orally.

I recommend to dose it orally, since it is a very healthy compound with a large track of human consumption.

https://www.longecity.org/forum/top...lla-one-of-the-best-things-that-you-can-take/

Argan

My Regimen
Reaction score

Have you been using Eclipta Alba? If so what are the results and what formulation? Thanks!