Natural Alternative For Minoxidil (peppermint Or Castor Or Rosemary Oil)

CroatiaGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of Course, nothing can beat Minoxidil. At first. Easy. Let's take this assumption and start a discussion beyond this.

This study in 2014 from Keimyung University in Korea showed how effective PEO is at hair growth compared to side-effect ridden minoxidil

So, Peppermint Oil seems like a decent natural replacement for minoxidil right? What is your opinion on using: Peppermint Essential Oil vs Castor Oil vs Rosemary Oil as topical treatment?

PMO study was done on mice, the Rosemary was on human scalp.

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I have this correct, oral castor oil is supposed to increase an analogue of the prostaglandin PGE2, which stimulates hair growth.

I used it for a long time both topical and oral, hair didn't look better and also gave digestive troubles.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I never read or heard any success, even little on Rosemary oil or peppermint oil...theses studies are sh*t. Even castor oil can not beat minoxidil...It would only grow body hair :D

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't speak for their effect on hair loss but if you're going to use an essential oil, test it on your skin first. Peppermint essential oil irritates my skin something fierce. It's in some chapstick and caused me redness and inflammation.

pizzadriver1933

My Regimen
Reaction score
I already got an oil mixture with jojoba, castor and coconut oil, can i just mix some drops of rosemary with that?

Considering Emu Oil as well..

Argan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I already got an oil mixture with jojoba, castor and coconut oil, can i just mix some drops of rosemary with that?

Considering Emu Oil as well..
Most sites have the recipe as 1/4 cup castor or other oil mixed with 25 drops of essential oil of rosemary. I'm trying that, not enough time has elapsed to draw any conclusions. Report back your results if you try it. Thanks

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most sites have the recipe as 1/4 cup castor or other oil mixed with 25 drops of essential oil of rosemary. I'm trying that, not enough time has elapsed to draw any conclusions. Report back your results if you try it. Thanks

Please keep us posted either way! Thanks!!!

bergamot

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't speak for their effect on hair loss but if you're going to use an essential oil, test it on your skin first. Peppermint essential oil irritates my skin something fierce. It's in some chapstick and caused me redness and inflammation.
Peppermint oil is a mucous membrane irritant, that is why it messes up your lips. Avoid putting it on your lips or around your eyes (or genitals). But it is perfectly safe everywhere else on your body. Also, never apply ANY essential oil undiluted.

CinnamonRoll

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe Peppermint Oil works largely the exact same way minoxidil does
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/001650859190459X

Which is very different from Rosemary Oil. Rosemary Oil topically blocks DHT. Peppermint oil flushes out Potassium and stimulates Calcium(just like minoxidil:
Peppermint oil reduced contractions evoked by potassium depolarization and calcium contractions evoked in depolarizing Krebs solutions in taenia coli.

Now what interests me about Peppermint Oil most of all, is that it seems as though it would work in synergy with Adenosine. And Adenosine is the most potent natural hair growth ingredient I've seen by a long shot. No one cares about it here, because it they tired of BS like Zix and now just rule out the actually viable things like PMO and Adenosine.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X15415027
The mechanism by which minoxidil, an adenosine-triphosphate-sensitive potassium channel opener, induces hypertrichosis remains to be elucidated.

ATP-sensitive potassium (KATP) channel openers, e.g., minoxidil and diazoxide, can induce hair growth

Minoxidil-induced increases in levels of intracellular Ca2+ and vascular endothelial growth factor production in cultured dermal papilla cells were found to be inhibited by 8-sulfophenyl theophylline, a specific antagonist for adenosine receptors, suggesting that dermal papilla cells possess adenosine receptors and sulfonylurea receptors, the latter of which is a well-known target receptor for adenosine-triphosphate-sensitive potassium channel openers. The expression of sulfonylurea receptor 2B and of the adenosine A1, A2A, and A2B receptors was detected in dermal papilla cells by means of reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction analysis. In order to determine which of the adenosine receptor subtypes contribute to minoxidil-induced hair growth, the effects of subtype-specific antagonists for adenosine receptors were investigated. Significant inhibition in increase in intracellular calcium level by minoxidil or adenosine was observed as the result of pretreatment with 8-cyclopentyl-1,3-dipropylxanthine, an antagonist for adenosine A1 receptor, but not by 3,7-dimethyl-1-propargyl-xanthine, an antagonist for adenosine A2 receptor, whereas vascular endothelial growth factor production was blocked by both adenosine A1 and A2 receptor antagonists. These results indicate that the effect of minoxidil is mediated by adenosine, which triggers intracellular signal transduction via both adenosine A1 and A2 receptors, and that the expression of sulfonylurea receptor 2B in dermal papilla cells might play a role in the production of adenosine.

People keep combining PEO with random X oils, and I'd say it would make a lot more sense to make a PMO+ATP mixture.

Argan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ca
I believe Peppermint Oil works largely the exact same way minoxidil does
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/001650859190459X

Which is very different from Rosemary Oil. Rosemary Oil topically blocks DHT. Peppermint oil flushes out Potassium and stimulates Calcium(just like minoxidil:

Now what interests me about Peppermint Oil most of all, is that it seems as though it would work in synergy with Adenosine. And Adenosine is the most potent natural hair growth ingredient I've seen by a long shot. No one cares about it here, because it they tired of BS like Zix and now just rule out the actually viable things like PMO and Adenosine.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X15415027

People keep combining PEO with random X oils, and I'd say it would make a lot more sense to make a PMO+ATP mixture.

Can you post the links to the studied which show that rosemary oil blocks dht topically?