Natural Alternative For Minoxidil (peppermint Or Castor Or Rosemary Oil)

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
So could you just mix peppermint oil into say alpecin shampoo, leave on for a few mins and wash off to get benefits?

visage

My Regimen
Reaction score
there was some study about topical caffeine and minoxidil to be almost equally effective too lazy to dig it up.

Rosscoffee

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most sites have the recipe as 1/4 cup castor or other oil mixed with 25 drops of essential oil of rosemary. I'm trying that, not enough time has elapsed to draw any conclusions. Report back your results if you try it. Thanks
Started 1 part rosemary oil 4 parts pumpkin seed oil on scalp due to minoxidil causing dryness... would definitely recommend this, saw big drop in shedding and scalp health. Now i use minoxidil once per day as well as the oil.
Only one week but so far good results insofar as reduced shedding
edit: update it made my scalp too greasy and caused bad dandruff so i stopped all minoxidil and oil, continuing with massage and derma rolling tho

Last edited:

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use pepermint oil in conjunction with coconut oil. 1 time a day and for a month now. In the morning i use magnesium chloride topical. I have a very oily skin and my hair gets greasy within a day. These three things work wonders for my hair. No regrowth whatsoever. I wont expect any but my hair feels and looks better.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of Course, nothing can beat Minoxidil. At first. Easy. Let's take this assumption and start a discussion beyond this.

This study in 2014 from Keimyung University in Korea showed how effective PEO is at hair growth compared to side-effect ridden minoxidil

So, Peppermint Oil seems like a decent natural replacement for minoxidil right? What is your opinion on using: Peppermint Essential Oil vs Castor Oil vs Rosemary Oil as topical treatment?

The minoxidil used was a 3% concentration. That's almost equivalent to the 2% minoxidil solution designed for women's hair loss. Men who've used minoxidil 2% can basically tell you it does a very slow and not particularly great job at regrowing your hair. That's why pretty much every man who uses minoxidil on this forum uses a minimum 5% concentration. So, in reality, pepperment essential oil is pretty much useless for regrowing your hair. Good for your scalp, terrible for regrowth.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe Peppermint Oil works largely the exact same way minoxidil does
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/001650859190459X

Which is very different from Rosemary Oil. Rosemary Oil topically blocks DHT. Peppermint oil flushes out Potassium and stimulates Calcium(just like minoxidil:

Now what interests me about Peppermint Oil most of all, is that it seems as though it would work in synergy with Adenosine. And Adenosine is the most potent natural hair growth ingredient I've seen by a long shot. No one cares about it here, because it they tired of BS like Zix and now just rule out the actually viable things like PMO and Adenosine.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X15415027

People keep combining PEO with random X oils, and I'd say it would make a lot more sense to make a PMO+ATP mixture.
I was under the impression that Rosemary Oil being a vasodilator would work by a very similar mechanism to minoxidil.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The minoxidil used was a 3% concentration. That's almost equivalent to the 2% minoxidil solution designed for women's hair loss. Men who've used minoxidil 2% can basically tell you it does a very slow and not particularly great job at regrowing your hair. That's why pretty much every man who uses minoxidil on this forum uses a minimum 5% concentration. So, in reality, pepperment essential oil is pretty much useless for regrowing your hair. Good for your scalp, terrible for regrowth.
Minoxidil 5% is rather ineffective itself when compared to using it with derma rolling, sadly none of these studies show the regrowth properties with rolling which leaves most of the regrowth stories being anecdotal.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Chest pain, fatigue, tingling in extremeties, testicular pain, mood changes. I was on for a month until I figured it out

at 2 ml per day i really had bad fatigue too... dont know why the mecahanism of minoxidil would cause fatigue though.. some people did not believe me here

danielscasa

My Regimen
Reaction score
at 2 ml per day i really had bad fatigue too... dont know why the mecahanism of minoxidil would cause fatigue though.. some people did not believe me here

Yes, people will tell you it’s something else and that it’s psychological, but for me it was definitely the minoxidil. I only used once a day and it was horrible.

Pelimorfo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hola daniel. So, how you use these oils then. They dont mess you hair or become it so oily?