Native Americans and hairloss

Bad Hair Dew

Reaction score
As many of you know Native Americans are not affected by male pattern baldness. My point is doesn't this cancel out many theories so many people have on here about what causes hair loss ? I mean there's something genetic going on here and Native Americans don't have this genetic makeup. I feel like if your starting to show classic male pattern baldness you can slow down or temporarily stop it but it's only a matter of time. Surgery only offers the hope of not working your *** off to save some already thinning hair. Feel like i'm fighting a losing battle but one day gene therapy will probably be the answer. Sorry but genetics trumps all theories in my mind but i keep hoping somebody here has the right theory lol.

s.a.f

Reaction score

cuebald

Reaction score
Native Americans are also quite low on body hair/beard hair.

Perhaps they genetically have less DHT in their systems (or genetically less sensitive follicles) ?
Either way, that's a trait that I wouldn't mind having :)

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah, i think i have a whole lot of dht because i have acne, hair everywhere, and am quite muscular, am not sure though, my dad is the same and he had a full head of hair until his 50's.

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
There is a lower incidence of male pattern baldness, they are not immune however and can be effected by it.

jonsie150

Established Member
Reaction score
i know this makes me sound like such a downer, but i'll say it anyway:

their genes don't make up for a fraction of the crap they have to go through. i think their alcoholism rates are the highest of any racial demographic.

i know this isn't totally related. im just stating this before we get TOO jealous of them and start saying how "lucky" they are

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
jonsie150 said:

their genes don't make up for a fraction of the crap they have to go through. i think their alcoholism rates are the highest of any racial demographic.

i know this isn't totally related. im just stating this before we get TOO jealous of them and start saying how "lucky" they are

And how does having a nation of drunkards change their genetics?

M

macimate

jonsie150 said:

Lol? Being a drunkie is your own fault, this has nothing to do with anything.

Boondock

Reaction score
Well, they did have their homeland taken over, their homes destroyed, and their population decimated by slaughter and disease. On the flip, they don't have male pattern baldness.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Same with the Australian Aborigines.

docj077

Reaction score
Actually, coming from South Dakota I can say that I've seen countless balding Native Americans. Male and females included. I've seen many, many Native American females with what would be classified as NW7 pattern balding.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually, coming from South Dakota I can say that I've seen countless balding Native Americans. Male and females included. I've seen many, many Native American females with what would be classified as NW7 pattern balding.
Thats because they have mixed themselves not many are pure blood anymore.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have Native American ancestry (about 1/16). The rest is mostly Western European. I don't think I have ever seen a bald Native American (and I mean the ones that are not mixed with other races). I have uncles and cousins on my mom's side that are completely bald. No one on my dad's side of the family is bald. We have Native ancestry on both sides.

I am 56 and my hair is 100 percent the same thickness it was when I was a child. Same with my two brothers. Out the three sons, I have the heaviest beard and probably the most body hair. None of us have hairy chests or arms which is typically European and very un-Native.

There is a genetic tendency to alcoholism (I have a very low tolerance for alcohol), but the situation is more complicated than that. A lot of Natives on remote reservations are not well-educated and are trapped in dead-end lifestyles or careers, with little hope of amounting to anything, so the problem is worsened.

I have always felt that Native Americans/Alaskans and East Asians share a lot of physical characteristics, and I'm convinced there is an evolutionary/migratory connection between the two races.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have always felt that Native Americans/Alaskans and East Asians share a lot of physical characteristics, and I'm convinced there is an evolutionary/migratory connection between the two races.
Native Americans reached the Americas by crossing the Behring Strait.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have Native American ancestry (about 1/16). The rest is mostly Western European. I don't think I have ever seen a bald Native American (and I mean the ones that are not mixed with other races). I have uncles and cousins on my mom's side that are completely bald. No one on my dad's side of the family is bald. We have Native ancestry on both sides.

I am 56 and my hair is 100 percent the same thickness it was when I was a child. Same with my two brothers. Out the three sons, I have the heaviest beard and probably the most body hair. None of us have hairy chests or arms which is typically European and very un-Native.

There is a genetic tendency to alcoholism (I have a very low tolerance for alcohol), but the situation is more complicated than that. A lot of Natives on remote reservations are not well-educated and are trapped in dead-end lifestyles or careers, with little hope of amounting to anything, so the problem is worsened.

You should donate your sperm, ridd this world of bald People.