Nanogen - Product experience.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I have just purchased some Nanogen and Nanogen locking mist over the net. I'm going to use this thread to give a product review of this stuff for others benefit. How altruistic of me.

I currently use toppik and on first glance Nanogen does not look much
different as it is a kind of dust that you sprinkle on to your hair. I have used Dermatch once but it was not for me. Stay tuned for the review and who will win the Petchsky battle of the concealers.

Bear in mind, my sh*t could be your gold.

G

The locking mist is an absolute rip-off. Just use any form of hairspray instead.

Nanogen is good - but I find that it comes off on my hands and gets under my fingernails easily.

The fibres are smaller than toppik and they seem to blend into your hair better

I find a combo of a little dermatch and nanogen and my world-class styling techniques gives the illusion of a NW1.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Yeah i thought the hair mist sounds like a way to garner more cash for the coffers, but i thought i would try it. Sounds like toppik with it getting under your nails.

My Nanogen arrived today and i must say very stylish looking product and discreet too. I will try it in the morning.

Dermatch and Nanogen sound like a killer combo, i just hate applying Dermatch. I saw that pic you posted of your good self and your hair looked pretty rock solid.

G

To be honest - there isn't that much difference between toppik and nanogen.

They both work well with dermatch but I am getting truly pissed off with wearing the stuff. It makes me feel like a fraud.

My temporal areas are getting worse and I am finding it harder to satisfy my high standards when it comes to hair 'aesthetics'.

I pray for the day when I don't have to use the stuff but I doubt that will ever come.

Tell us what you think of the nano anyway.

Petchsky

Reaction score
neiltom88 said:
They both work well with dermatch but I am getting truly pissed off with wearing the stuff. It makes me feel like a fraud.

Don't worry about it, we are all frauds anyway.

Tell us what you think of the nano anyway.

That i shall...

Similar to Toppik, but better.

Short and sweet :p

THFC

Reaction score
nanogen is good..it gives the appearance of thinner hairs but alot more of them...in comparison to toppick..n therefore looks more realistic...and they both cost about the same..but i would always go fo nano...you made a good choice..now enjoy not being bald for a few hours everyday :)

G

Nanogen in my opinion of having used both toppik and nanogen is far better then toppik because they have finer hairs giving you a more natural look.As for the mist well as people have been saying just us normal hairspray.

Damo

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair is about 1 cm. long. Is this too short for Nanogen?

When I use it, it goes straight to the bottom and lays on my skin. Looks awful. Otherwise, it's quite amazing at thicken up my hair.

Will this get better later on when my hair grows out longer?

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I've only used Nanogen once and I have to say it looked pretty good. It did tend to rub off quite easily but I probably put a bit too much on. The locking mist is also pretty crap which didn't help. Regular hairspray will most likely do a better job and it costs less.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
Buffboy said:
biff said:
I've only used Nanogen once and I have to say it looked pretty good. It did tend to rub off quite easily but I probably put a bit too much on. The locking mist is also pretty crap which didn't help. Regular hairspray will most likely do a better job and it costs less.

Yes I know that. But how long was your hair? I mean, didn't much of the fibres just go to your skin, creating kind of a "paint" surface?

My hair is currently around 1 1/2 - 2" long. I did notice it on my scalp in the hairline and had to clean it off so it didn't show. I guess there must also have been some on my scalp further back but I couldn't see it.

G

Biff i think if you hair grows abit longer it will sit i nthe hairs alot nicer and not on your scalp as much.Impressive stuff isnt it.

Damo

Petchsky

Reaction score
I have got my hair at around 2 cm long and i have no problems with it getting on my scalp. make sure you distribute the nanogen with your fingers first then use a brush if necessary

G

Once you get used to it its really easy to apply hey Petchsky.

Damo

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
damien said:
Biff i think if you hair grows abit longer it will sit i nthe hairs alot nicer and not on your scalp as much.Impressive stuff isnt it.

Damo

It is pretty impressive. You couldn't tell my hair was thinning at all. The one gripe I have with it is when you touch your hair you get the stuff on your hands. Maybe this won't happen with a decent hairspray. Although you'll probably have to go mental with the hairspay so your hair goes rock hard!

Petchsky

Reaction score
damien said:
Once you get used to it its really easy to apply hey Petchsky.

Damo

That's right you flaming golah.

Got any new photos of the art work on your scalp yet Damo?