N-acetyl-cysteine For Treatment Of Androgenetic Alopecia In Men

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking it for about 4 weeks or so for things unrelated to hair loss, so i can't say i have noticed any results hair wise, but i'll keep people updated just in case. Im only taking 200mg though, they used 600mg in the study.

Last edited:

inmyhead

Reaction score

MrJolly26

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are many products we are going to wait for, but will they work? :S

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
took its 3 times daily at 600mg for 2 months as biofilm disruptor. Did nothing for my hair loss as far as i know, was not even aware it "could" do something.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
The ROS / TGF-beta angle doesn't seem to be a major one. None of the things on that pathway that I've used (Tempol, NAC/glutathione, Taurine, T-flavanone) have even slowed down my hair loss.

You'd probably have more success putting liposomal vitamin C (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate) on your head - DKK1 seems to be a bigger player than TGF-beta.

el_duterino

Reaction score
If you were a MICE.
Not really, the mouse model has been used for decades of studying lung cancer as it correlates well to human lung cancer. The 5-year survival rate for men with lung cancer is 16% not something you want to risk, at least for hair.

furtbr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really, the mouse model has been used for decades of studying lung cancer as it correlates well to human lung cancer. The 5-year survival rate for men with lung cancer is 16% not something you want to risk, at least for hair.
You need to see the dosage. Even water kills a person given the amount. They were probably stuffing the mice with the substance.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

Believes NAC will cause lung cancer.

Uses RU58841 daily for years believing its safe.

Alright.