My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So it is a recent invention?

What is this "male pattern baldness" itch?

Is it real? Sounds like a meme.
So it is a recent invention?
This was created in earlys 2000 by a guy that name Joe because from a old study that claims zinc sulfate, b6 and acid azelaic shows inhibit the DHT in vitro.
Joe's website: http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_7.htm

Study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3207614/

What is this "male pattern baldness" itch?
Theres people like myself when they start balding the first signal is the itch on the top of head
The more scratch your head because of the Itchy more hair you lose It's just a signal about DHT killing your hair.

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh very interesting. So that ZIC thing is proven to actually work? Because this is first time hearing about it and I've been in "hair loss" space for at least 10 years.
I dont think it has been studied well enough for a long period of them. Maybe thats why doctors prescribe finasteride.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tried both yesterday at 1%.

Itchy nipples, anxiety, dull orgasm next day.

Can't touch DHT at all. Nothing else works.

RIP boys, over for me.
Maybe compound with cyclodextrin

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tried both yesterday at 1%.

Itchy nipples, anxiety, dull orgasm next day.

Can't touch DHT at all. Nothing else works.

RIP boys, over for me.
Try topical dutasteride from Parati.. I used to get sides from every oral AA.. now I don’t

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice. Any other evidence regarding arginine being beneficial? Or was it just the zinc?

I tried a concoction back in 2005 that had arginine, msm, minoxidil and dmso. It was potent $$it, and worked insanely well to regrow hair. It regrew someone's hair completely from slick bald. I used it for six months, but stopped as it was messing me up badly. Anxiety, heart issues, vision etc. Others were complaining of heart problems and vision problems also. I cannot emphasize enough how dangerous it is. Point being however it has arginine.

Arginine adds oxygen in your blood or nitric acid or something. Anyhow taken orally it certain enhances your energy levels and for me it increased my libido massively.

I'm also pretty sure that people use it as a supplement for weight lifting.

I wouldn't add it to zix, but its an interesting supplement.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys, just to continue my gushing review about adding minoxidil to my regime. So using zix 1x at night, and minoxidil 1x in the morning.

I cannot emphasize how much my hair has thickened up - wayyyy beyond expectations. I feel like I gained 20-25% density. A year ago and the time prior to that, when my hair was greasy I was super self conscious, especially at the crown, about how my hair looked thin and showed some balding areas.

Now there is no evidence of that at all. My hair is thick, dark, and looks like it did over a decade ago, granted with a bit more recession at the temples. I do however think my temples have improved however. I can part my hair in ways and was not able to for several years due to my temples. If my temples are lowering theyve been doing so gradually so it's hard for me to notice. I see sporatic thick hairs where my old hairline used to be, it's not to say it'll regrow, but it shows whatever Im doing has strengthened the hairs I do have.

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would love to read that.

Anyway, just added some L arginine to my zix today.
I am going to be trying zix as well and seeing if my hair loss decreases. If not, I guess topical dutasteride seems like the next best option.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral L Arginine is supposed to raise T, at least it can.. But topically may be something else.. Pigeon, let us know amigo!

m97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new here that's why I would like to ask you several questions, unfortunatelly this thread is huge to read all comments.
1. Does zix have any sides or it depends on person?
2. Does zix work on general thinning type hair loss?

Thanks in advance.

m97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys once again, I read quite a lot of pages of this thread, sorry if I asked dumb questions previously, I think I will start using zix, on previous page I read discussions about prolactin, about 3 weeks ago I did blood test for cortisol and prolactin, the exact time of blood test was 11:20 AM, cortisol level was 398 when normal range is 101-535, prolactin level was 17.52 when normal range is 4.04-15.2, I have visited two endocrinologist about prolactin, one of them said that it was Hyperprolactinemia, another one said that prolactin test requires special preparation since this hormone is so sensitive and it may increased so easily and the time when I did the test could not show real prolactin level.

Short info about my hairloss, unfortunately in my country there is no good dermatologist, all of them treat hair loss in men as typical male pattern baldness, I doubt that I may have DUPA since my hair is thinning on top including donor area, my sides are more or less in better condition but I have a lot of thin hairs there as well, hairline has not been changed drastically during last 3-4 year when I first noticed hairloss but density decreased.