My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this thread is about zix, but I thought maybe one of the things I did to regrow my hair could help you guys...but I have a strong feeling each case is different.

1,5 year later, I can now safely say I've recovered at least 80% of my hair loss, without minoxidil-finasteride-microneedling. I'm now considering using zix just in case.

My front hairline was thinning, and I feel like I recovered most of it, but now working on making it thicker.

Here's what I did, but I definitely wouldn't advise people to follow my "regimen" as it was based on high doses of clobetasol (been using it several times a week for my psoriasis since my childhood so I guess my body kinda got used to it), vitamin k2 & D3.

What I did for a year:
- Nizoral twice a week
- Selsun 2,5% once a week
- klorane shampoo the other days
- clobetasol 4x a week for 1 year (wouldn't advise it to people using it for the first time). Stopped using it for months now, cuz I noticed changes in skin color. But it definitely helped my regrowth process
- complete change in diet, I tried to eat as healthy as possible (no added sugar, plenty of fruits)
- A lot of sports + trampoline for 30min 3 to 4 times a week...some of you will proably laugh but I always felt like it was good for blood flow
- sleeping at the very least 8 hours a day, if I sleep 6 hours, I shed hairs the next day.
- 10,000 IU vitamin d3 every day
- 600 mcg vitamin k2 mk7 every day

What I did the last 6 months (gave up on a lot of the previous stuff):
- Nizoral twice a week + klorane the other days
- a lot of sports + keeping healthy life.

so basically no more selsun, no more clobetasol, no more vitamin k2/d3

Next step for me is to see if I can maintain my regrowth, if I see any sign of hair thinning again, I'll def jump on zix.

progress.png

bigger pictures; https://i.ibb.co/YBKdLH1/progress.png

I'm well aware my case wasn't as bad as some people on this forum, but as you can see, hair on my forelock area was super thin on the first pic, and it gradually got better.
I also apologize for the bad quality pictures, but posting my progress wasn't initially my intention, was just taking them for personal monitoring

Attachments

• progress.png
    progress.png
    344.5 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worm,

Still using Zix every few days. Worked great for my inflamed scalp. I dont have flare ups anymore, my scalp is calm. Whenever I hot those "attacks" i lost a sh*t ton of hair, like handfull. I did experiment with other stuff but didn't stick to it, like microneedling or adding stuff to Zix. Honestly, it doesnt add any benefits.

Zix alone wasnt enough to stop my Hair loss. I have Chronic Telogen effluvium with underlying AA. Almost two years ago I was shedding 300+ hairs daily. Now, I lose about 30-40 hairs a day which is in my normal range.

My regimen is Zix on wash day (2 to 3x per week) + Lactoferrin on my temples + 9 grams of gelatin daily (to battle inflammation and it's anti-estrogenic) + Vitamin d & K2.

Thinking of dropping Lactoferrin next year as I got regrowth in my temples. Sticking to Zix, gelatin and vit D&K2

Ok great. I would however keep up with daily application. But what works for me may not work for everyone. Glad its helping.

I've been on this + finasteride and not seeing results.

It could be you've recovered as much as you will. Finasteride is very powerful and may have brought back as much hair as it can. The good news is you'll very likely lose no further hair. Maybe adding minoxidil spread 12hours apart could help. Or if you follow @Ezekiel2019 lead and nirconeedle that may help. His seemed to occupy over more than a year though.

Otherwise if I knew I would have done it myself. But I have sadly lost about about a little less than an inch of hairline in the past 15 years. Pretty good considering the alternative.

ian_832

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zix has been doing great for me, but i'm still shedding way too much(i've been on it +2 months)

I was thinking of adding microneedling (0.5-1mm) but i'm not sure if i should do it weekly or daily. What do you think?

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would someone mixing this without ethanol simply use 60 ml of distilled water?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm how is your libido these days? I presume still much better than when you were on fina?

It's ok - It's definitely better than off finasteride for sure - but it was what I would consider high. I use zinc picolinate on occasion when I feel it's not totally there. I find this really gives a massive boost to my libido - almost teenage like.

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
I now made a solution with very little alcohol because I had diziness. Now I see a lot of white powder on the bottom of the solution so I'm afraid a lot of the zinc or p5p is not getting mixed up. Is there a way to prevent this? I keep it at room temperature.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know why we need distilled water for zix? Literally why does it even matter

pony wang

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just lost that soft little hair on the pillow and it felt like it was falling out pretty quickly, like 10 to 15, and it's getting worse so fast, and I've been using zix for 18 days and it hasn't changed. Worm, what should I do?

Sebcar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys do in regards to shampooing when your on zix, I used to shampoo every other day but if I do that now that means Iam leaving on an old zix application on my head, is that ok? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Oueyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys do in regards to shampooing when your on zix, I used to shampoo every other day but if I do that now that means Iam leaving on an old zix application on my head, is that ok? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Zix makes my scalp super dry so i need at least to rince my hair everyday

Oueyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My shedding has slow down but i feel like i need something to add because my hair is so thin.
I was thinking about adding very low dose of fina like 0,25mg, but i don't realy know how much % of dht it inhibits.
Doesn't have any idea for regrows since i don't want to f*** my collagen and face developpment with either minoxidil or fina at normal dosage. That sucks.

Last edited:

Undertone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok guys second time asking this but I'm really wondering ..
I got yellow pit stains on my white shirts, and I never use deodorant, anyone experiencing this ? That's just so weird, it looks like zix ...